Indianapolis Colts
indyagent17

What quarterback in the 2020 draft do you want to lead this team

2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

we’re not going to be picking near high enough

That’s the problem. This team is going to be just good enough each year to put us picking in the mid teens. Ballard should be accustomed to this from his time with Alex Smith and the chiefs. Then they finally moved up and got their guy. 

If they kept playing Hoyer we'd probably have our pick of the litter lol. 

In all seriousness, if they're picking in the 15-20 range they could take Herbert, Love, Fromm, or Hurts. If they wait til the 2nd then that list probably shrinks considerably. Idk that they take anyone, a lot will depend on how JB finishes the season, but up to this point he's been fairly impressive. 

Just now, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

If they kept playing Hoyer we'd probably have our pick of the litter lol. 

In all seriousness, if they're picking in the 15-20 range they could take Herbert, Love, Fromm, or Hurts. If they wait til the 2nd then that list probably shrinks considerably. Idk that they take anyone, a lot will depend on how JB finishes the season, but up to this point he's been fairly impressive. 

If anyone take Jalen Hurts in the first round, my god that would be terrible.

• Like 4

What about Andy Dalton or Can Newton? We're more likely to baby a free agent than a high draft QB.

• Confused 1

Burrow looking like he may be the guy this year.  But if I had a choice, give me Justin Fields in 2021.

Don't know, if there is really a savior in next year's draft, but we do need a franchise QB  eventually, for the long term.  

1 minute ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

He's lighting it up at Oklahoma? Most mocks have him in the 1st

Again good luck with that pick. Can you say Akili Smith

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jacoby Brissett, he may be ok. Not sure. lmao 

I like what Jacoby has done for the Colts, My biggest pet peeve on him is not consistently  being able to stretch the field, when needed. I'm not putting all of the blame on just the receiving core.   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dew5150 said:

What about Andy Dalton or Can Newton? We're more likely to baby a free agent than a high draft QB.

Dear god not dalton ,might be interested in cam

• Like 3

1 minute ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I like what Jacoby has done for the Colts, My biggest pet peeve on him is not consistently  being able to stretch the field, when needed. I'm not putting all of the blame on just the receiving core.   

We would be 7-2 with him and this discussion would be comical. OK I guess we will find out what he does against the Jags, Texans, and Titans because we have to win them all now. 

• Like 5

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We would be 7-2 with him and this discussion would be comical. OK I guess we will find out what he does against the Jags, Texans, and Titans because we have to win them all now. 

Don't think so, we still would be an average team trying to over achieve. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regarding the draft, Burrow is the best in college right now but he is no Andrew Luck. He will go #1 so we have no chance at him. He may not be a great a pro anyway. Some of the QB's that have came out lately haven't been good. Winston, Mariota, Trubisky, Mayfield, Darnold = all iffy.

Ballard, Irsay and Reich will try to talk Luck into coming back.  That's our best option really though Burrow looks like he has "It". 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding the draft, Burrow is the best in college right now but he is no Andrew Luck. He will go #1 so we have no chance at him. He may not be a great a pro anyway. Some of the QB's that have came out lately haven't been good. Winston, Mariota, Trubisky, Mayfield, Darnold = all iffy.

But then you have some that came out too that are phenominal. Watson, Mahomes, Jackson. None of those guys looked like Andrew Luck coming out.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Ballard, Irsay and Reich will try to talk Luck into coming back.  That's our best option really though Burrow looks like he has "It". 

Man  I wish he would but bad feeling he's done 

Tua and Burrow are gone in the first 4-5 picks. The Bengals and Dolphins are taking QBs. That leaves Herbert, Fromm, Love, Eason, and Hurts...none of those guys really inspire confidence. Maybe if they could get the guy they want to drop to the Skins pick in the 2nd.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Please no. Don’t think I could handle the year to year agony wonder if luck really wants to play or not

1 minute ago, Kenzicocapontas said:

But then you have some that came out too that are phenominal. Watson, Mahomes, Jackson. None of those guys looked like Andrew Luck coming out.

True, maybe Ballard can get his Mahomes if he does draft a QB. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I mean, if they get one of the guys that probably needs a year like Herbert or Eason, then it's the perfect situation because we have Jacoby next year anyways. Let em sit a year like Mahomes. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Dear god not dalton ,might be interested in cam

No thanks to ms. Dabfire.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Irsay left it open for a reason. I have a feeling Andrew Luck is coming back next year. That will only happen if we miss the playoffs IMO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He might just pick up a guy and have him sit on the bench and learn while Brissett continues to work and develop himself. Gives JB time to prove it still, and a young qb can get acclimated while the rest of the team hopefully continues to build? Food for thought. 

• Like 2

Just now, boo2202 said:

Please no. Don’t think I could handle the year to year agony wonder if luck really wants to play or not

I get it but he was hurt and depressed.  He's a competitor and he just might get that itch to play again.  Because of his age and who he is I wouldn't rule it out.  He might have needed time away to gather himself and completely heal.  We shall see.  

We have no recievers that can get separation consistently besides TY. Need to go after something in free agency for once

• Like 1

Jake Fromm maybe.....or A Luck, good possibility b/c he's sitting out this year to heal and come back strong in 2020 w/ the ammos that we'll have in draft....

• Like 1

Just now, Thunderbolt said:

Jake Fromm maybe.....or A Luck, good possibility b/c he's sitting out this year to heal and come back strong in 2020 w/ the ammos that we'll have in draft....

I think after sitting out a year - he gets 100% healthy, the wife and baby driving getting on his nerves lol, watching the talent we have on this team, and he is still only 31, don't rule out #12 coming back. This is all a guess, I have no sources but anything is possible. He is friends with players on the team too. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, runthepost said:

We have no recievers that can get separation consistently besides TY. Need to go after something in free agency for once

Blasphemy. Unless they are willing to play for 1,000,000 but no more

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I feel like im taking crazy pills. Why is this not the majority opinion? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Probably because “if’s” don’t matter 

Had we had Andrew Luck today we would've won something like 34-16 in easy fashion. With Brissett I think we would've 24-16 after watching the game.

3 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

It should be but it isn't in here haha . That is my opinion though being the 7-2 post :thmup: