Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What quarterback in the 2020 draft do you want to lead this team

indyagent17

2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

we’re not going to be picking near high enough

That’s the problem. This team is going to be just good enough each year to put us picking in the mid teens. Ballard should be accustomed to this from his time with Alex Smith and the chiefs. Then they finally moved up and got their guy. 

If they kept playing Hoyer we'd probably have our pick of the litter lol. 

In all seriousness, if they're picking in the 15-20 range they could take Herbert, Love, Fromm, or Hurts. If they wait til the 2nd then that list probably shrinks considerably. Idk that they take anyone, a lot will depend on how JB finishes the season, but up to this point he's been fairly impressive. 

Just now, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

If they kept playing Hoyer we'd probably have our pick of the litter lol. 

In all seriousness, if they're picking in the 15-20 range they could take Herbert, Love, Fromm, or Hurts. If they wait til the 2nd then that list probably shrinks considerably. Idk that they take anyone, a lot will depend on how JB finishes the season, but up to this point he's been fairly impressive. 

If anyone take Jalen Hurts in the first round, my god that would be terrible.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I like what Jacoby has done for the Colts, My biggest pet peeve on him is not consistently  being able to stretch the field, when needed. I'm not putting all of the blame on just the receiving core.   

We would be 7-2 with him and this discussion would be comical. OK I guess we will find out what he does against the Jags, Texans, and Titans because we have to win them all now. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding the draft, Burrow is the best in college right now but he is no Andrew Luck. He will go #1 so we have no chance at him. He may not be a great a pro anyway. Some of the QB's that have came out lately haven't been good. Winston, Mariota, Trubisky, Mayfield, Darnold = all iffy.

But then you have some that came out too that are phenominal. Watson, Mahomes, Jackson. None of those guys looked like Andrew Luck coming out.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Ballard, Irsay and Reich will try to talk Luck into coming back.  That's our best option really though Burrow looks like he has "It". 

Please no. Don’t think I could handle the year to year agony wonder if luck really wants to play or not

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True, maybe Ballard can get his Mahomes if he does draft a QB. 

He might just pick up a guy and have him sit on the bench and learn while Brissett continues to work and develop himself. Gives JB time to prove it still, and a young qb can get acclimated while the rest of the team hopefully continues to build? Food for thought. 

• Like 2

Just now, boo2202 said:

Please no. Don’t think I could handle the year to year agony wonder if luck really wants to play or not

I get it but he was hurt and depressed.  He's a competitor and he just might get that itch to play again.  Because of his age and who he is I wouldn't rule it out.  He might have needed time away to gather himself and completely heal.  We shall see.  

Just now, Thunderbolt said:

Jake Fromm maybe.....or A Luck, good possibility b/c he's sitting out this year to heal and come back strong in 2020 w/ the ammos that we'll have in draft....

I think after sitting out a year - he gets 100% healthy, the wife and baby driving getting on his nerves lol, watching the talent we have on this team, and he is still only 31, don't rule out #12 coming back. This is all a guess, I have no sources but anything is possible. He is friends with players on the team too. 

• Like 3