Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's divison or bust now

JediXMan

2 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

What?

How was beating Houston and KC disappointing?

Let me recant my statement and replace it with this. The only games that the Colts have impressed were vs the Texans and Cheifs. Idk what that's all about, but there is no reason that you cant beat a lot of these teams. Ita funny how the forum goes from most talented roster to theres not enough talent. 

The Colts are playing unmotivated football and only care when they play a playoff contender. That's great an all, but you have to get to the playoffs. 

• Like 1

Just now, NannyMcafee said:

Let me recant my statement and replace it with this. The only games that the Colts have impressed were vs the Texans and Cheifs. Idk what that's all about, but there is no reason that you cant beat a lot of these teams. Ita funny how the forum goes from most talented roster to theres not enough talent. 

The Colts are playing unmotivated football and only care when they play a playoff contender. That's great an all, but you have to get to the playoffs. 

Oh, no doubt every loss has been gutting for one reason or another. 

22 hours ago, King Colt said:

Remaining games: Jags @ Indy, @ Houston, Titans @ Indy, @ Tampa By, @ New Orleans, Carolina @ Indy

The Colts could win all but the Saints game but could lose all of them the way they are playing. 

The saints are beatable  as the Falcons  demonstrated.  The colts could win all those games or lose all of them. Every game has been close 

• Like 1

This division is going to come down to weeks 15-17 and will be between Hou, Ind, and Tenn. 

I thought we'd win hands down had we won the last two and the next two. Now we absolutely have to win the next two and hope Houston slips against the Ravens and Patriots, to have some cushion. There's still a whole lot of football left and we can effectively restart this Sunday. A win against the Jags and we control our destiny. We need to sweep this division and take control. 

• Like 1

Not saying we're world beaters or even consistent, but our schedule is far from juggernaut. 

Basically all Afc/nfc South opponents. We can definitely compete with any of them if we've got our QB and a couple WR's back.

I don't see the doom in that schedule.

I get that we lost 2 games we should've won, but we aren't playing NE five times in a row or anything 

21 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Did you watch the Saints yesterday at all? I thought so too up until yesterday. They are winnable games, we just need TY and Brissett healthy and opening up the playbook. 

I agree with that last sentence so much. The inability to complete a deep pass has made the offense so predictable and easy to defend.

Reich needs to start being more proactive on the coaching side and be more creative too.  Offense looks too Vanilla. Siriani and his offensive assistant and Eberflus & company need to start earning their pay checks.   Team is underachieving based on what they build on last year, they are regressing....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Reich needs to start being more proactive on the coaching side and be more creative too.  Offense looks too Vanilla. Siriani and his offensive assistant and Eberflus & company need to start earning their pay checks.   Team is underachieving based on what they build on last year, they are regressing....

...dude. no. 

the offense is vanilla because the starting quarterback is new to this system and barely took 1st team reps last week as JB was supposed to play. They had not been vanilla up until the minute JB went down, they had been effective. Team is underachieving? Really. We lost our franchise qb and theoretically still control our destiny to win the division, and you think they are "underachieving." Go back to your hole. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Did you watch the Saints yesterday at all? I thought so too up until yesterday. They are winnable games, we just need TY and Brissett healthy and opening up the playbook. 

I know "Any Given Sunday" and all, but almost no chance the Colts beat the Saints in New Orleans.

I just hope we don’t get Funchess and TY back to late. If neither of them is back this weekend I don’t see how we win the jags game. Hopefully with Jacoby there is more plays in the playbook then what we used with hoyer.  Basically I’d we lose the jags game I think it’s over for the playoffs. So if Funch and TY don’t come back this week it might be to late. It makes me sad where this offense could of been this year with everyone healthy.

2 minutes ago, esmort said:

I know "Any Given Sunday" and all, but almost no chance the Colts beat the Saints in New Orleans.

Drew Bree’s looked pretty bad Sunday. That would be our only hope.

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

... I recall the same being said about the Chiefs at Arrowhead. How'd that turn out? 

I won't even open that can of worms other than to say, if we get a similar set of circumstances as we did with the Chiefs sure than maybe it's a possibility and even than I wouldn't bet on it.  

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Drew Bree’s looked pretty bad Sunday. That would be our only hope.

Even the best QBs have off games ... if for some reason Brees is terrible the rest of the season, or the thumb injury was a career ender or something crazy I will reevaluate.

Things are gonna get interesting. The Texans have a couple tough games against the Ravens and Pats. I think they end up at around 10-6 or 9-7.

As for us, it's a very real possibility we stumble to the finish line. Of course, the opposite is just as true and we can right the ship, but we'll see. None of our remaining games are easy, not that we've had any easy games anyways.

14 minutes ago, esmort said:

I won't even open that can of worms other than to say, if we get a similar set of circumstances as we did with the Chiefs sure than maybe it's a possibility and even than I wouldn't bet on it.  

Well you opened it. To say there is "almost no chance" that a playoff contending team that has beaten multiple top 10 power ranking teams, beats the Saints, a day after the thumping they took from a team said playoff contending team beat already, is laughable... at best. 

And I hope this post confused you as much as it did me writing it. 

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

Well you opened it. To say there is "almost no chance" that a playoff contending team that has beaten multiple top 10 power ranking teams, beats the Saints, a day after the thumping they took from a team said playoff contending team beat already, is laughable... at best. 

john c. mcginley laughing GIF

I just don’t see how we get by the jags even with JB unless Hilton or funchess play.  Our oline is bad and they can get pressure.  It will be easy for them to stack the box with the WR we have right now.  With their run game and foles arm that is a bad combination. I don’t know what their receiving core is like. But with him being a good deep ball passer I hope Desir is back. They are also coming off a bye week. 

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Comparing our wins to beating the Saints is flawed. 

Yes they got beat by the Falcons ... but its a division rivalry which changes a lot kind of like what  the Jags have done to some very good Colts teams over the years... this was like a play off game for the Falcons. Also although the Falcons have a terrible record I think it would be a mistake to think they are the same as some of the other teams with similar records; the Falcons have some very good players. And it not like we blew the Falcons out or something; we won by 3.

To address you multiple top 10 power teams ... the Chiefs and the Texans ....

As to the Chiefs ... I know many hate to admit it but the Chiefs were hurt or missing players at key positions ... a fully healthy Chiefs team would have beaten us. 

The Texans was a good win, easily the best win of the season. But they are a division rival who we know very well, so some other considerations have to come into play when you use that game a measuring stick for how good the Colts are. 

Unless the Colts improve significantly in several areas between now and then and/or the Saints don't return form the odds of us winning that game are slim to none.  Anyone thinking we have a good shot of going in and knocking off the Saints are setting themselves up for a big disappointment...not just with the Saints game but with the rest of the season in general.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I just don’t see how we get by the jags even with JB unless Hilton or funchess play.  Our oline is bad and they can get pressure.  It will be easy for them to stack the box with the WR we have right now.  With their run game and foles arm that is a bad combination. I don’t know what their receiving core is like. But with him being a good deep ball passer I hope Desir is back. They are also coming off a bye week. 

I don't think our OL is "bad" particularly, and that's coming from somebody who thought they were a tad overrated coming into the season.

Teams are stacking the box/blitzing like crazy daring us to beat them through the air/beat them deep. Sure, guys like Glowinski and Smith have struggled at times, especially against stunts, but more often than not we're getting pressured because DC's are sending 5+ guys at us.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I don't think our OL is "bad" particularly, and that's coming from somebody who thought they were a tad overrated coming into the season.

Teams are stacking the box/blitzing like crazy daring us to beat them through the air/beat them deep. Sure, guys like Glowinski and Smith have struggled at times, especially against stunts, but more often than not we're getting pressured because DC's are sending 5+ guys at us.

Like I said with the receivers we had Sunday I don’t see us winning even with Jacoby.  I think we will get TY and DF back to late.