Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Brissett returns next game

CanuckColtsFan

I think we should be fine. These loses hurt really bad. They change the trajectory of the season. I honestly believe if Brissett isn't injured were 7 and 2.

If he gets back next weekend,  we can go back to playing winning ball.

Reich is still a good coach

Ballard is still a good GM

Vinny, well...I dont know if there's anyone available other than CFL

Players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Yeah no kidding. I cant believe that there were Hoyer boosters on this forum.

Hoyer's value is everything except his performance between the white lines.

I think they had to roll with BH becasue CK didn't have the reps, and the game plan may not have been tailered to his strengths.

14 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Reich said Jacoby was 80% I would have taken that over 100% Hoyer anytime.

They thought they could roll the fins regardless of who was at QB.  They were wrong.  Comes down to execution.  What team overcomes 3 pics and another missed extra point?  Not many.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Pick 6 at Pitt was bad, but he seemed to have command of the O. Reich is a man of faith, and he put it in a vet that seemed capable. He wasnt. Hindsight man. JBs return doesnt guarantee anything, but should give us a punchers chance. 

• Thanks 1

The elephant in the room is Jacoby as well as plays to his strengths, just gets us competitive .

he is not a long term answer. His biggest gleaming inability, is he is not consistent at stretching the field. when he goes down the offense is stagnant and it makes us less than average. I know we have to deal with the cards that we are dealt but we really do need to search in the future for  a long term QB that is our franchise one.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I think we should be fine. These loses hurt really bad. They change the trajectory of the season. I honestly believe if Brissett isn't injured were 7 and 2.

If he gets back next weekend,  we can go back to playing winning ball.

Reich is still a good coach

Ballard is still a good GM

Vinny, well...I dont know if there's anyone available other than CFL

Players. 

Yeh, the Colts will go back to being SB contenders, the geese will all fly south, and everyone will live happy ever after. :banana:is that enough content for ya?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

They thought they could roll the fins regardless of who was at QB.  They were wrong.  Comes down to execution.  What team overcomes 3 pics and another missed extra point?  Not many.

I think that's exactly what happened. Hoyer performance today was mind numbingly horrible.  I never dreamed that myself.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Pick 6 at Pitt was bad, but he seemed to have command of the O. Reich is a man of faith, and he put it in a vet that seemed capable. He wasnt. Hindsight man. JBs return doesnt guarantee anything, but should give us a punchers chance. 

I just thought that, coming in for relief of Brissett , Hoyer played allright. I dont see how Hoyer played good enough against Pittsburgh for people to think he was going to come and take JBs job.

1 hour ago, horseshoecrabs said:

The elephant in the room is Jacoby as well as plays to his strengths, just gets us competitive .

he is not a long term answer. His biggest gleaming inability, is he is not consistent at stretching the field. when he goes down the offense is stagnant and it makes us less than average. I know we have to deal with the cards that we are dealt but we really do need to search in the future for  a long term QB that is our franchise one.  

Brissett is what he is...he is not an accurate long ball passer.

Kelly can do it, but he is ready to play (properly prepared).

We will see if Ballard drafts a QB next year.

Next week is a must win. If we lose our home game to Jax, it stings bad, gives them the tie breaker advantage, and our playoff chances decrease significantly. Not good going into a trip to Houston. If we drop the next 2, we're done short of another run like last year (which we are less equipped to make).

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Next week is a must win. If we lose our home game to Jax, it stings bad, gives them the tie breaker advantage, and our playoff chances decrease significantly. Not good going into a trip to Houston. If we drop the next 2, we're done short of another run like last year (which we are less equipped to make).

The only saving grace we have Is that Houston has the ravens next week and NE after us.

5 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Hoyer's value is everything except his performance between the white lines.

I think they had to roll with BH becasue CK didn't have the reps, and the game plan may not have been tailered to his strengths.

The scariest thing is, Hoyer got virtually no reps during practice because Reich made his decision on JB so late in the week.

That's not a mistake a coach of Reich's caliber should make.  He's still learning on the job, it appears.

30 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

The scariest thing is, Hoyer got virtually no reps during practice because Reich made his decision on JB so late in the week.

That's not a mistake a coach of Reich's caliber should make.  He's still learning on the job, it appears.

He also said Jacoby was 80% which is still better than a healthy Hoyer.

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Seeing Funchess in the locker room and on the side line hopefully means a return to practice. If he practices all week I don’t see how you can’t play him with everyone hurt.

When healthy Funchess is average. 

Coming back from an extended injury... I would expect nothing from Funchess. 

Ballard can't draft or sign wide receivers to save his life. 

• Confused 1

The loss to the Dolphins was bad.  But you could also sum up the loss simply as "This is what happens when you don't have your starting QB, top three WR's, top CB, quickest DE, etc."  Other, lesser, problems on your team glare large.  Like, oh, a HOF K that's losing his ability.

Thing is, at 5-4, we have the same record as the Cowboys, Rams, Steelers, Raiders, Panthers, and Eagles.  And some of those teams had far bigger expectations than we did.

If we can get JB back, and TY, and Desir, and get Funchess in, we're back in the flow.

Get healthy guys.  It's time.

11 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Those Hoyer boosters are also the same fans saying JB isnt good. It was the best argument they had against JB being a starting caliber QB. And then we lost against Miami and they all fell silent. 

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

The loss to the Dolphins was bad.  But you could also sum up the loss simply as "This is what happens when you don't have your starting QB, top three WR's, top CB, quickest DE, etc."  Other, lesser, problems on your team glare large.  Like, oh, a HOF K that's losing his ability.

Thing is, at 5-4, we have the same record as the Cowboys, Rams, Steelers, Raiders, Panthers, and Eagles.  And some of those teams had far bigger expectations than we did.

If we can get JB back, and TY, and Desir, and get Funchess in, we're back in the flow.

Get healthy guys.  It's time.

The were down just as many players. That’s a nonsense excuse 

56 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

giphy.gif

There's more issues than just JB missing 

Yes good point, but in all actuality the D has played solid the last 5 games. 

Good enough to win.

The WR core is not quite suited to our game style. The Oline is not playing top 5 ball. Mack looks tired.

Brisset is only a top 15 QB but with him this team can win.