Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB Conundrum

Scott Pennock

On 11/12/2019 at 10:24 AM, Myles said:

I agree with your post except the bolded part.   Hoyer has 52 TD's and 34 INT's for his career (67 games).  

Have you ever watched Hoyer before his stint with the Colts? He’s a terrible QB and those numbers don’t prove otherwise. Hell, against the worst team in the league he made a bunch of turnover worthy throws alone. Why do you continue to defend him?

21 minutes ago, colt18 said:

Have you ever watched Hoyer before his stint with the Colts? He’s a terrible QB and those numbers don’t prove otherwise. Hell, against the worst team in the league he made a bunch of turnover worthy throws alone. Why do you continue to defend him?

They prove the comment - "he is a known turnover machine" was not accurate.   34 INT's in 67 games isn't that bad.    I'm not saying he is a great QB.   Decent backup though.

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

They prove the comment - "he is a known turnover machine" was not accurate.   34 INT's in 67 games isn't that bad.    I'm not saying he is a great QB.   Decent backup though.

Again I ask, have you ever watched him play before he signed to the Colts? I’m assuming you haven’t.

57 minutes ago, colt18 said:

Again I ask, have you ever watched him play before he signed to the Colts? I’m assuming you haven’t.

Yep, sure have.   I'll stand by my comment that he is a decent back up QB.

Never great.   He was decent starting 9 games for Houston.  61% completion, 19 TD's, 7 INT's, QB rating of 91.4.   That's decent for a back up QB.   

On 11/11/2019 at 1:04 AM, Four2itus said:

The Saints were "supposed" to beat the Falcons by double digits today. They lost 26-9. So, by your logic, the Saints suck?

If they loose games they are supposed to win, sounds a lot like the Colts don't it. Only difference is they do this less often. So they have less problems.

13 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yep, sure have.   I'll stand by my comment that he is a decent back up QB.

Never great.   He was decent starting 9 games for Houston.  61% completion, 19 TD's, 7 INT's, QB rating of 91.4.   That's decent for a back up QB.   

So out of 10 seasons you only mention one season where he was okay? And then proceeded to get blown out and throw four (!!!) interceptions in a wild card loss?  Did you forget that he got benched for Ryan Mallett in the first game of the same season? And only got back in because Mallett got hurt?

why didn’t you mention the season before when he played more games (14) and had worse stats (12 TDs-13 INTs, 56% and 76.5 rating)? Why is it that you are basically ignoring that for the entirety of his career, he’s been a volatile, inadequate option? That’s without mentioning that’s he not even a winning QB, something that typically defines a good backup QB...

• Like 1