Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Scott Pennock

Letter from the NFL

Recommended Posts

When Ebron hit the ground (after both feet were down as well) the ball was cradled in his belly and the defenders hand is facing the opposite way of the football.

 

As they slid he turned his hand and ripped it out.

 

Nonsense call against the Colts........again....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

When Ebron hit the ground (after both feet were down as well) the ball was cradled in his belly and the defenders hand is facing the opposite way of the football.

 

As they slid he turned his hand and ripped it out.

 

Nonsense call against the Colts........again....

I agree i believe it was a strip not a pick i think ebron had it long enought for a td. But it was close.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was whining about it but you have to complete the catch. It was the right call 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to control the ball going to the ground on a catch. He didn't. It was the right call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure he caught the ball and got 2 feet down before he started falling to the ground.  The play should have been over at that point.  They did away with the surviving the ground nonsense.  

 

With that being said, once it was called an interception on the field there was not enough video evidence to overturn it.  Had it been called a TD, I think it would have stood. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am becoming sick of the NFL, just not saying that because we lost today but that was clearly a catch, Ebron got stripped when he was down. Whatever rule they have sucks, anyone with common sense knows that was a catch. I thought Ebron also had a TD vs the Chargers. The REFS have stunk all year but what else is new.

 

After Ebron caught that TD today, the announcers even said that was a TD and was laughing their arses off when it was ruled an INT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I'm pretty sure he caught the ball and got 2 feet down before he started falling to the ground.  The play should have been over at that point.  They did away with the surviving the ground nonsense.  

 

With that being said, once it was called an interception on the field there was not enough video evidence to overturn it.  Had it been called a TD, I think it would have stood. 

Then you don't know the rule. On a catch you have to maintain possession as you are going to the ground. It's not like a run where you break the plane with the nose of the ball and it gets punched out immediately, it's still a TD.

 

Here is a direct quote from the rule:

 

If a player, who satisfied (a) and (b), but has not satisfied (c), contacts the ground and loses control of the ball, it is an incomplete pass if the ball hits the ground before he regains control, or if he regains control out of bounds

 

A = secure control 

B = 2 feet down

C = the ever popular football move 

 

He did A, he did B, but not C. The ball "contacts the ground and loses control of the ball, it's incomplete"... Or in the case of Ebron the defender gained control before the ball hit the ground, therefore interception. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was kind of crap call but Ebron has had a problem holding on to the ball his whole career, we didn't play well enough as a team. The much bigger problem is our kicker, once again the team played badly but good enough to kick our way to victory (in this case OT), but was squandered. I wouldn't be worried about refs or Ebron at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am becoming sick of the NFL, just not saying that because we lost today but that was clearly a catch, Ebron got stripped when he was down. Whatever rule they have sucks, anyone with common sense knows that was a catch. I thought Ebron also had a TD vs the Chargers. The REFS have stunk all year but what else is new.

 

After Ebron caught that TD today, the announcers even said that was a TD and was laughing their arses off when it was ruled an INT. 

 

I have thought about trying to form a sort of strike for the fans. Something every fan base can agree on is the horrendous refereeing in the NFL. If we simply didnt watch for 1 season. Just 1 season. They would he forced to do something about it... 

 

The problem is the addiction people have for football is too in control. They would rather get their fix than have a say in how bad the refs are doing. I for one, would stop watching for one entire year just to see them make a change. 

 

Otherwise... it's just going to get worse if that is even possible. And the reason is, it's not stopping people from watching the game. Until it effects their bottom dollar they're not going to care how you the fan feel about a bad call. Why should they? 

 

No buying tickets. 

No watching on TV

No streaming. 

No Radio. 

 

1 season in the NFL is multiple millions of dollars. It would make a significant statement. The more fans you got on board, the bigger the strike would grow. And we can always come back the following year. That's the beauty of freedom of choice. Do you have what it takes to make a statement yourself? I sure do. Because I, like you, am growing sick of the arrogance of the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make a clean catch and it’s a moot point.  

 

The Colts can’t control the officials but they can control that and I would prefer they work on that since it’s been something that has followed Ebron his whole career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Ebron stinks nice 7 yard route needing 10 yards 

I was told that was Hoyer’s Fault

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

He was whining about it but you have to complete the catch. It was the right call 

Terrible call as always Refs need to be working at burger king.

I maintain to this day that catch rule is bullcrap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At some point Ebron will have to start catching and SECURING the ball. Refs decisions can go either way on any given Sunday. Ebron has to make their job easier. This is a second TD he's wasted this year because he cannot handle the ball in the end zone. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...