Indianapolis Colts
Imgrandojji

Week 10 impressions: Hoyer the Destroyer (merge)

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If they are blitzing, throw short into the blitz and make them pay. 

I doubt the game plans are still around. Toilet paper doesn't age well :-)

If Reich was smart...he burned all evidence of their existence.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

We couldn’t beat the * dolphins. How do you think we can beat the jags.

It shouldn't surprise you that we beat good teams and lose to bad teams at this point.

How do we beat the Jags? The same way we beat the Chiefs and Texans.

How do we lose to the Jags? The same way we lost to the Dolphins.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, shastamasta said:

If Reich was smart...he burned all evidence of their existence.

just a quick flush.. 

Anyone who says this team hasn't played hard the last 2 weeks is full of dung. Darious Leonard has looked like the dpoy the last 2 weeks. Willis has been exceptional.. The defense as a whole has been good. Been under 300 yards allowed last 2 weeks. In years past when facing sucky offenses we would still give up 400plus yards. Hoyer sucks, I'll say it again as I have all year, he does not belong on an nfl roster, his career record is proof of that. Sundays game was close, a couple of runs by a fast athletic qb could have made a huge difference. One who,may or may not have thrown 3 ints. That first int to ebron in the endzone was all on Hoyer, that was an awful throw, a good throw there and it's an easy 6. We are still alive for the playoffs, remember after 9 games last year we were 4-5.

If Hoyer either starts a game, or has to play significant minutes, the Colts will lose this game. Hoyer is a bad, turnover prone, never very good NFL QB. Why even take the chance of having to play him? Ballard should cut Hoyer and find another backup QB. Chad Kelly or someone else would give the Colts a better chance of winning if they must play. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Pacergeek said:

If Hoyer either starts a game, or has to play significant minutes, the Colts will lose this game. Hoyer is a bad, turnover prone, never very good NFL QB. Why even take the chance of having to play him? Ballard should cut Hoyer and find another backup QB. Chad Kelly or someone else would give the Colts a better chance of winning if they must play. 

Its not all about play on the field.

Theres a reason Belichek kept him around.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Based on what exactly? Kelly beating up on scrubs in the preseason? I'm optimistic about Kelly but he hasn't played at all against starters. It's literally about as annoying as the media hailing the Patriots as legendary this year when most of the teams they have played are on par with IUPUI or the YMCA. 

Just...stop.

3 minutes ago, TDewar1987 said:

Based on what exactly? Kelly beating up on scrubs in the preseason? I'm optimistic about Kelly but he hasn't played at all against starters. It's literally about as annoying as the media hailing the Patriots as legendary this year when most of the teams they have played are on par with IUPUI or the YMCA. 

Just...stop.

Out of reactions... thank you for this... 

Your avatar is dope af...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Idk who else we would play if Brissett goes down but yes, if Hoyer plays we lose. It’s an unfortunate truth.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TDewar1987 said:

Just...stop.

I like your style. Straight to the point.

On a side note, you really should be writing for hallmark.

You have a talent for words and delivery.

Hallmark's "Millenial" line would be right up your alley.

And replace him on the roster with whom? If Brissett was back practicing, I bet Hoyer got few snaps, and Kelly, less, if any, this past week. For sure they aren't going to cut Hoyer this week. 

Heck, Hoyer has cost the Colts less games than Vinatieri has and he is still on the team!

• Like 1

Brissett's health is still a question. So we cut Hoyer and then unproven quantity Kelly is only QB left on roster with playing Jags and rest of tough second half schedule.

Its like driving uninsured and going full carpe diem.

Bad idea is bad

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Rubles said:

Brissett's health is still a question. So we cut Hoyer and then unproven quantity Kelly is only QB left on roster with playing Jags and rest of tough second half schedule.

Its like driving uninsured and going full carpe diem.

Bad idea is bad

Kelly is an unknown, which gives us a better chance of winning than playing a known bad QB. If Hoyer has to start another game, the Colts are guaranteed to lose. There's a reason Hoyer was unemployed before Ballard signed him. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Kelly is an unknown, which gives us a better chance of winning than playing a known bad QB. If Hoyer has to start another game, the Colts are guaranteed to lose. There's a reason Hoyer was unemployed before Ballard signed him. 

He was signed not to long after being cut from the Patriots. Also, Hoyer has won games in this league. Kelly hasn't. To say an unknown like Kelly is a better option that a known "bad QB" is foolish.

What is Ballard supposed to do?   Go shopping at QB’s R Us?

This next observation is not about Colts fans.   In general,  it’s equally true about all 32 fan bases.  When the QB struggles, fans think “put in the backup”,  things couldn’t get any worse.

That sounds true, it seems true, but mostly it’s false.   Things often can and do get worse.  The backups are the backups for a reason.  They’re not as good as the starters.  Hoyer isn’t as good as Brissett.  Kelly isn’t as good as Hoyer.  Kelly might be better someday, but that day hasn’t arrived.   At least not yet. 

Things are never as simple and obvious inside a franchise as fans think they are looking from the outside.

I’m not predicting Hoyer will even last to the end of the season.   I think he should be considered week to week.   One more week like the last might do him in.  But I don’t think he’s a lock to finish the season or to get cut next week.   I’d say he’s week to week is the safest viewpoint. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Clearly there are some people on here that are blind or act like they are cause I agree Hoyer is nothing more than a bum.

the office eye roll GIF

Yeah, I’m pretty sure you don’t understand his actual role here with the team, though that is not surprising. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

What is Ballard supposed to do?   Go shopping at QB’s R Us?

This next observation is not about Colts fans.   In general,  it’s equally true about all 32 fan bases.  When the QB struggles, fans think “put in the backup”,  things couldn’t get any worse.

That sounds true, it seems true, but mostly it’s false.   Things often can and do get worse.  The backups are the backups for a reason.  They’re not as good as the starters.  Hoyer isn’t as good as Brissett.  Kelly isn’t as good as Hoyer.  Kelly might be better someday, but that day hasn’t arrived.   At least not yet. 

Things are never as simple and obvious inside a franchise as fans think they are looking from the outside.

I’m not predicting Hoyer will even last to the end of the season.   I think he should be considered week to week.   One more week like the last might do him in.  But I don’t think he’s a lock to finish the season or to get cut next week.   I’d say he’s week to week is the safest viewpoint. 

Good post. But I think you're being generous here to the Hoyer haters. The fact is the Colts were left in a lurch after Luck retired and they had to find a backup quickly. They got the best they could. Don't for a minute think that Luck's retirement hasn't led to this moment. Its a full blown result of it. Next year, the Colts will have a much better opportunity to decide who their starter is.  But until then....... lets just say that Andrew Luck has put the Colts in a tough spot that is still to play out. Personally, I'm pulling for JB to bust out and leave no doubt. I think he'll be the man now and in the future; his backup next year? Who knows. I hope its Kelly. I think it will be. But give the Colts' brass a break here; they were dealt a terrible hand and have done a pretty decent job of figuring out how to make it work. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

He hasn’t been cut because they need a veteran QB lol. I don’t know think they have much trust in Chad Kelly to command those offense against a starting NFL defense. He did well against a bunch of back ups in the pre-season but that doesn’t necessarily translate over to the regular season. 

4 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Hoyer will not be cut because it would be too embarrassing for Ballard...he paid millions for a good backup and cutting Hoyer would be admitting his mistake.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

He hasn’t been cut because they need a veteran QB lol. I don’t know think they have much trust in Chad Kelly to command those offense against a starting NFL defense. He did well against a bunch of back ups in the pre-season but that doesn’t necessarily translate over to the regular season. 

Bullcrap!  All kinds of young backup QBs have played this year and done well, and Kelly has as good or better credentials than most (all) of them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TDewar1987 said:

Just...stop.

Why do people have such a self-imposed blind spot?

Just because Kelly has done well against 2nd stringers does not mean he won't do well against 1st stringers too, but they won't give him a chance. The problem is that if Kelly outperforms the other QBs then Ballard and Reich have uncomfortable decisions to make.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Why do people have such a self-imposed blind spot?

Just because Kelly has done well against 2nd stringers does not mean he won't do well against 1st stringers too, but they won't give him a chance. The problem is that if Kelly outperforms the other QBs then Ballard and Reich have uncomfortable decisions to make.

Kelly just came off the PS, limited Reps and experience. Sticking with Hoyer was the correct thing to do.

As far as C. Kelly possibly coming in at some point and playing well would be a nice problem to have, not an uncomfortable decision. 

24 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Hoyer will not be cut because it would be too embarrassing for Ballard...he paid millions for a good backup and cutting Hoyer would be admitting his mistake.

I had no idea you knew Chris Ballard so well.   What's his favorite color?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

I don't think it's as easy at that.  First, you have to replace Hoyer with someone better, who might that be?  you can't just go snipping players under contract off the team without having a solid game-plan in place...the new QB is going to have to learn the system on the fly (huge undertaking) among MANY other things.  The QB has to fit in and get along with everyone (Ballard's culture), and the list goes on and on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hoose said:

Good post. But I think you're being generous here to the Hoyer haters. The fact is the Colts were left in a lurch after Luck retired and they had to find a backup quickly. They got the best they could. Don't for a minute think that Luck's retirement hasn't led to this moment. Its a full blown result of it. Next year, the Colts will have a much better opportunity to decide who their starter is.  But until then....... lets just say that Andrew Luck has put the Colts in a tough spot that is still to play out. Personally, I'm pulling for JB to bust out and leave no doubt. I think he'll be the man now and in the future; his backup next year? Who knows. I hope its Kelly. I think it will be. But give the Colts' brass a break here; they were dealt a terrible hand and have done a pretty decent job of figuring out how to make it work. 

Honestly...   I think yours is a FANTASTIC post.   Exceptionally good.

The Luck argument is so strong.   I’m dealing with a million and one other things right now and I completely overlooked the Luck angle.   Total whiff by me.   

Mad Props and Respect from me to you!    Really well done!!        :worthy:

12 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

I agree totally cut ties with him immediately. There's bound to be a better backup then him out there if it's not Kelly. I mean Hoyer stinks like hot garbage. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Bullcrap!  All kinds of young backup QBs have played this year and done well, and Kelly has as good or better credentials than most (all) of them.

As good or better credentials than whom? And on what merit? You have to provide substantial evidence to prove that claim. Compare his Collegiate production to some of those guys and the stats aren’t the same. 

we should start a go fund me page to get Hoyer out, I think Chad Kelly can handle the team if JB goes down, we all know what Hoyer is, Lets find out who Kelly is