Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 10 impressions: Hoyer the Destroyer (merge)

Imgrandojji

40 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I doubt Brissett sits next week but if he does I want to see some of $wag. Although I know that wouldn't happen. At the very least I think he would've gotten some big gains on the ground. 

I think the club was overly cautious sitting Brissett as he could have played. They thought the Colts would win against the Dolphins by just showing up. Management probably was the most responsible for the loss.

33 minutes ago, colt18 said:

I can’t believe some of you really thought Hoyer was good....we just lost to the damn Dolphins because of him. That game was a must win. We are probably out of the playoffs now.

32 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Probably not quite that bad, but we've got to win the next few games to make sure we're more than a bubble squad

With Texans in drivers seat to win division, the loss to Raiders and Steelers really hurts; they have tiebreaker. :(

27 minutes ago, stitches said:

The thing is ... with Hoyer the swings are kind of the expectation. This is what Hoyer has been througout his career... when it's his day he will make some great throws and might win you some games,

Hoyer has lost his last 10 games in a row he has started-

27 minutes ago, stitches said:

but the other half of the cases he's quite capable of singlehandedly losing you games. I even said in the pre-game thread that the high variance nature of both him and Fitzpatrick make the chance that we will have a close game much higher than one would expect from a home game vs 1-7 team. 

I'm not sure how different Kelly would be to be fair. To me it's quite clear that Brissett is our best chance to win games right now. Hopefully he's healthy next week. 

I'm at a loss. But JB7 seems to be able to hold the team together.  We now have 10 games in a row that finished < than a TD difference.

25 minutes ago, Iceman38714 said:

Your right about  Berssitt is not a starting QB, Hoyer is really not a starting QB, The Colt's need to put Chad Kelly in next week, all pre-season, His stats where the best of all the Quarterback who played in the preseason and that includes Bressitt. If the Colt's put Kelly in next week we got a lot better chance of winning the game, now if Hoyer is going to start and play next week, we will see the same thing again, Hoyer playing for the other Team and that's really going to be sad to watch.

Iceman38714 

I'll give you your first reaction ever. 

2 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Easy to overreact to a game like this when Hoyer played well last week, but it is what it is.  Hoyer is a literally average backup QB, if you put those guys on the field, they can do this to you in any single game.

Entirely possible that Kelly does the same thing to us, but at least if you gamble on raw talent you have a chance to be pleasant surprised.  Brissett is one thing, Hoyer should not be the reason Kelly isn't starting, and again I find myself chafing at the archconservatism of the Colts' braintrust.

Well???? He played well????

If Belichick didn’t take the chance on Brady over Bledsoe, there’s no Brady. If Harbaugh didn’t take chance on Kaepernick over Alex Smith and Andy Reid cutting toes with Alex Smith for Mahomes, I think you get the point. 

A chance has to be taken to reap any rewards or know what you have.

• Like 2

Just now, EastStreet said:

While Hoyer is simply a poor QB, Riech did a lot to help him go into "superbad" mode today.

Not really, Reich didn't throw 3 INT's. Just admit without Brissett we stunk. It so obvious but you will not give Brissett any credit at all. Hoyer isn't near the QB Brissett is regardless of what stats you put out there. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not really, Reich didn't throw 3 INT's. Just admit without Brissett we stunk. It so obvious but you will not give Brissett any credit at all. Hoyer isn't near the QB Brissett is regardless of what stats you put out there. 

You make everything about Brissett. This about Hoyer. I was plenty critical of the Hoyer signing when others were saying what a great move it was. 

That aside, tell me why Frank gives Hoyer an aggressive game plan vs giving JB very conservative game plans. Honest question???

And all that when playing the worst team in the league. If you don't see Reich as a massive fail today, you're simply happier to take today as "proof" how good JB is. And that is plain silly.

• Like 1

Just now, EastStreet said:

You make everything about Brissett. This about Hoyer. I was plenty critical of the Hoyer signing when others were saying what a great move it was. 

That aside, tell me why Frank gives Hoyer an aggressive game plan vs giving JB very conservative game plans. Honest question???

And all that when playing the worst team in the league. If you don't see Reich as a massive fail today, you're simply happier to take today as "proof" how good JB is. And that is plain silly.

With all your WR hurt. That is plain stupidity.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I give part of the blame to Frank today for the loss but if JB plays we would've won plain and simple. That is my point. The team was rolling with JB and played a certain way, funny how he is out and we lose 2 in a row.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I give part of the blame to Frank today for the loss but if JB plays we would've won plain and simple. That is my point. The team was rolling with JB and played a certain way, funny how he is out and we lose 2 in a row.

Not having three of their top four WRs are killing them too.  The Colts are still winless since TY was drafted and he doesn’t play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

With all your WR hurt. That is plain stupidity.

Yup. TY and Parris are our two speed guys. All we have are possession guys left. Hines is the only speed left, and he's not a deep guy (or at least, not with the Colts).

Cain would have helped in the deep game today. Say what you want about him, but he's know as deep threat guy, not a possession guy. And you waive him to bring up someone with zero game experience in the first game you decide to a deep ball team.... SMH...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:You want me to you called it don't you haha . I am just missing with you but you did. Had JB played we would've won but it is what it is. 

I agree they probably win with Jacoby but I also think they probably win if a couple of their WRs, namely TY was healthy.  Even if they get Jacoby back I don’t see them beating the Jags or Texans without getting some of their WRs back.

• Like 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Maybe they should of simplified the game plan instead of having hoyer throw 40 times with no WR. This almost entirely goes on Reich.

I’ll agree it wasn’t franks best play calling day but you can’t simplify the play calling too much if on your 9 carries in the first half you only get 27 yards and only three plays that got beyond five yards.  Heck 15 of them came on one run take that out it’s 8 carries for 12 yards.  That’s also not counting the Hoyer 4th down play, his sack or the kneel down to end the half.

The bottom line was they couldn’t keep running ball in the first half because they couldn’t get drives going with it.  

Now in the second half they did which is why they ran for 80 yards in the second half and they ran the ball a lot more and stuck with it and had much better balance in the second half until they were forced to go to the air late.  

I will also say if people complain about what Jacoby does or doesn’t see today showed why I’d rather have Jacoby being over cautious than Hoyer constantly trying to force it into double coverage.  

• Like 1

Hoyer was a terrible idea in the first place. How the # did Ballard see anything in firstly Philip walker then Brian hoyer? 

When we first brought this guy in people were like he is a great mentor, locker room guy and will help JB... lol I’m interested in players who can play the game - and this guy can’t.