Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offensive playcalling on the last drive [Merge]

mirobi48

I understand we have a few injuries at wr but today's loss against the dolphins is inexcusable their defense was so predictable but the offensive playcalling was horrible yeah we didn't have brissett either but still no screens to slow the blitz or a quick slant to the wr to gain easy yards. I know frank wants to get the running game going but sometimes you just gotta go with the better results and today I'm blaming this loss on frank

• Like 3

I like Reich, he's a solid coach and he doesn't have much to work with right now, but he was getting way too prematurely propped up as a mastermind by a lot of people. He's shown some worrying trends the past few weeks and he really has his work cut out for him.

Eberflus on the other hand deserves some props. I feel bad for our defense the way they've played recently. They've kept us in games and done all they can for us.

2 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Hoyer should took the check down u don’t have to get it all in one like make it 3-5 or 4-5 not got to endzone in double coverage 3 times and make it 4-10 

Really stupid because Hoyer is not a big arm.  Checkdowns should be where he makes his living. 

It's enough to make me wonder whether the OC or HC interfered with Hoyer's gamecalling because at this age, Hoyer really ought to know this stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

My Gripe is really with Hoyers decision making , he had Hines wide open in the flats and two separate occasions and chose to take the deep shot at the end zone. 4 downs he had he could’ve nickel and dimed his way to the score, but chose to go for it all smh.

Agreed! They had 2 time outs left, just under a minute on the clock, and could still get a first down.  Hoyer showed no veteran leadership in handling that situation. And, talk about a guy who doesn't see open receivers...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

We sat a healthy Brissett for the “stretch run”

Well we'll need it now. Lol good thing hes rested, and I hope ur right that he's healthy.

Three must win games in a row. 

Good thing we're officially back at "0-0" for the week, otherwise I might be worried.......