Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Kelly (merge)

Horseshoelife19

You have nothing to lose at this point. Watch us beat houston again and still lose the division. This team is playing like they didnt even care. Is Pagano secretly calling the plays? I put the last 2 losses on Reich. He is calling * poor games lately. Good thing we fired our oline coach from last year! The oline is doing amazing! 

• Like 2

I think Reich would call a better game if he had better players. Hoyer is a back up to a back up in this case. Chester Rogers is a project from the get go. If you look at that situation from the receiver stand point, look who the passers are. Defense is descent for part of the game, then they get no offensive help. There was a reason Hoyer was available. JB was traded to us for a reason.

Colts have to aquire good players, not projects or developemental players. This team has never shown the ability to make players better or more complete. Belechek does it all the time. Just saying the truth.

• Thanks 1

I love Reich.  Never have I once criticized him.  He’s dealt with a lot and has done countless good things for the franchise.

He has been outcoached the past 2 weeks, particularly with his late-game play calling.  He’s starting to hurt the team with the Vinny loyalty, although part of that falls on Ballard’s shoulders.

6 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

I love Reich.  Never have I once criticized him.  He’s dealt with a lot and has done countless good things for the franchise.

He has been outcoached the past 2 weeks, particularly with his late-game play calling.  He’s starting to hurt the team with the Vinny loyalty, although part of that falls on Ballard’s shoulders.

It's easier to coach when you have talent on the roster. The QB position needs to be addressed, it is by far the biggest weakness on this team.

Vinny should be gone tomorrow. No excuses to keep him around 

You cant coach a gar

8 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Its hard to coach a garbage QB to throw to a depleted Receiver core

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Hoyer kind of reminds me of Kerry Collins when we had him.  I just feel he has no pocket mobility at all.  

He's also a 'lobber'. His passes barely get there or they're picked.

Doesn't seem to have much pocket awareness either.

Solid QB for a drive or a quarter if your main guy goes down. But a huge liability the longer he's in there.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

I think Reich would call a better game if he had better players. Hoyer is a back up to a back up in this case. Chester Rogers is a project from the get go. If you look at that situation from the receiver stand point, look who the passers are. Defense is descent for part of the game, then they get no offensive help. There was a reason Hoyer was available. JB was traded to us for a reason.

Colts have to aquire good players, not projects or developemental players. This team has never shown the ability to make players better or more complete. Belechek does it all the time. Just saying the truth.

You think he would have done what? With the game to win he calls 3 fades like we employ Manning, Brady or Luck. He should have put him in higher % throws not fades to the guy we just signed off the PS. What he called today defies the argument if he had better players. Had he ran it up the guy 4 times, we could say that but not how it was called today. 

21 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Vinny must go, he just has to. Respect is being lost for Reich and if he doesn’t watch himself, he is going to start seeing locker room troubles. 

17 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

It's easier to coach when you have talent on the roster. The QB position needs to be addressed, it is by far the biggest weakness on this team.

Vinny should be gone tomorrow. No excuses to keep him around 

Sure, it is.  But, at some point, the excuses have to stop.  When the Colts were winning earlier in the year, barely squeaking games out, everyone said, "Just enjoy the win."  I enjoyed the wins, but I think it's also reasonable to point out the flaws and hold both players and coaches accountable.

Today was the Dolphins.  They were giving up 32 PPG.  They have one of the worst run defenses in the NFL.

The Colts supposedly have a great offensive line and a talented trio of backs.  Very little creativity in the running game, and it was under-utilized at the end of the game when the Colts still had time and timeouts. 

the chiefs win doesn’t look very impressive now that tennessee has done it too. we have one impressive win against the texans at home. we are a below average team talent wise with good coaching( although it hasnt been good as of late). we will end up at 8 wins most likely and no playoffs which is worst case scenario as our pick wont be that good.

7 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

the chiefs win doesn’t look very impressive now that tennessee has done it too. we have one impressive win against the texans at home. we are a below average team talent wise with good coaching( although it hasnt been good as of late). we will end up at 8 wins most likely and no playoffs which is worst case scenario as our pick wont be that good.

Honestly the NFL as a whole isn't a great product right now. 

• Like 3

I didn't watch one second of yesterday's horrible game (thank god), but just by looking at stats and highlights and who we lost too, we should never use Brian Hoyer again. As a backup, he can't even beat the dolphins if Brissett is injured. He also has no upside. From now on, start Chad Kelly if Brissett misses any more time to see what we have in him. He'll be at least as good as Hoyer anyway with our O-Line and running game. If Brissett comes back, make Kelly his permanent backup and Hoyer the 3rd stringer for the rest of the season and release him after the season is over. The Brian Hoyer Veteran experiment has failed.