Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wow we just lost to the dolphins......(merge)

needanoline63

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

We just need to get the offense healthy and try to salvage the season. At least go out on a positive note.  Reich has to stop cropping the bed with play calling.

This Has nothing to do with the team being tight. He turned to his team mates and cussed Doyle out.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. When Andrew retired Ebron quit caring about this team. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coltsva said:

When attending a game, never make it all about the game. If you do, you'll have a bad time approx 50% of the time.

I sold my tickets. If you were the one who bought them, thanks. And no, you are not getting a refund.

Sorry coltsva but my priorities are the Colts.  I understand what you’re saying but I’m taking a week off and spending over $1500.00, it is all about the Colts. I also understand doing other things.  Yes I timed it and did WWE, Pacers, Beer Fest, NCAA, River Walk, Speedway but this is a Colts Forum and I’m venting on the Colts not my other activities.

Yes what about arriving at other sites?  Yes I did Midway through South Bend (TD Jesus and Golden Dome) And Lafayette.  Checked and Indy was busy that Friday we stayed in Lafayette for boxing.  Did Louisville and Ali Museum, Louisville Slugger, Churchill Downs and timed it with the Bortles/Bridgewater game.  Also a UI BB game and visited the gym where Hoosiers was filmed.  

Yes we/I timed many of the trips to involve other activities. This is not against you but I’d appreciate any other sightseeing trips I could do.  Maybe northern Indiana to indulge in Amish pastries and possibly Santa Claus because of the name and  I was told I may have extended family there.

Lol! No I didn’t buy your tickets but to understand my love for the Colts I was a long distance season ticket holder but lost $$ on the resale.  Thanks again coltsva and no ill will intended

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

If we don't win the next 3 games it is.... :hairout:

...not over if we beat the saints. If we lose 2 though, yeah we're done

Edit: technically it wouldn't be over if we lost 2 in a row either as long as we win out from there. But yeah, going at least 2-1 over the stretch would make things a lot easier

10 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. When Andrew retired Ebron quit caring about this team. 

I agree with you here. Ebron had a career year with Luck as QB. With Brissett, his numbers dwindled. I believe he said himself he came here because of Luck.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree with you here. Ebron had a career year with Luck as QB. With Brissett, his numbers dwindled. I believe he said himself he came here because of Luck.

It's not even about targets for me. It's the complete and utter uninspired football I see coming from Ebron. He drops a ball every game. He doesn't fight for the football. Why? Because he knows he not going to even touch the TD record he so boldly claimed he would attain. Then Andrew retires and the guy gets bitter. You can see it all in his body language every damn sunday. 

It's like because he now has to actually work hard to get his targets hes mad about it. To be honest I'm over the attitude after seeing that kind of crap during the pagano era I have no patience for it. Hope hes not signed after this year. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Nice post Mike.

My expectations without Luck were 6-10 and I believe the Colts will exceed that. 

Even with Luck, I didn’t believe this would have been the “year”. 

Losing Brissett didn’t help the past two weeks, not to mention the WR mess and AV’s decline.

The 5-2 record kinda deceived everyone, including me, but every game has been determined by seven points or less. The Colts have been fortunate with not a lot margin for error. The last two weeks finally caught up to the Colts.

It is what it is, and no reason for fans to lose their minds and think they have all the answers and Ballard doesn’t.

Cheers

To the portion in bold: We keep waiting for this team to be built before we really make an attempt to "go for the Superbowl."

We were a playoff team last year (with Luck), which tells me that we were ready to take the next step this year. And then Luck retired.

But my point is, prior to Luck's retirement Ballard didn't do anything other than save money and accumulate draft picks, again. (His status quo). Even if Luck were playing this year, we would most likely be another playoff team, but not good enough to go all the way. Ballard has built a good team. I think it will always just be "good" but not good enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Colts record is 0-7 without TY. This plainly shows you have a massive WR problem. 

Thank you to you and others who have specifically pointed this out... this is a bigger issue than some people realize. Our recent losses are not so black and white as who our QB was IMHO; we have other issues looming as well. 

10 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

It's not even about targets for me. It's the complete and utter uninspired football I see coming from Ebron. He drops a ball every game. He doesn't fight for the football. Why? Because he knows he not going to even touch the TD record he so boldly claimed he would attain. Then Andrew retires and the guy gets bitter. You can see it all in his body language every damn sunday. 

It's like because he now has to actually work hard to get his targets hes mad about it. To be honest I'm over the attitude after seeing that kind of crap during the pagano era I have no patience for it. Hope hes not signed after this year. 

He is reverting back to his Lion days

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Thank you to you and others who have specifically pointed this out... this is a bigger issue than some people realize. Our recent losses are not so black and white as who our QB was IMHO; we have other issues looming as well. 

The thing that concerns me most about all this is the combination of our HC/OC, and players like Hines, Ebron, Doyle, Cambell. You have these 4 guys and you're 1: Failing to motivate them, and 2: you are playing your scheme like you never lost TY Hilton. They havent adjusted to losing TY at all. This year I am extremely disappointed in Frank Reich. 

After the draft all anyone was talking about was all the weapons thus team had!!! And now what? They're not weapons anymore? Scheme these guys Frank. Stop calling crap football games and acting like you dont have any other players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, alawai said:

Lol! No I didn’t buy your tickets but to understand my love for the Colts I was a long distance season ticket holder but lost $$ on the resale.  Thanks again coltsva and no ill will intended

I’m still along distance STH, so understandcthe cost and time involved with going to a game. Appreciate the in depth post!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

The thing that concerns me most about all this is the combination of our HC/OC, and players like Hines, Ebron, Doyle, Cambell. You have these 4 guys and you're 1: Failing to motivate them, and 2: you are playing your scheme like you never lost TY Hilton. They havent adjusted to losing TY at all. This year I am extremely disappointed in Frank Reich. 

I feel like Hines and Wilkins are being wasted when Reich could get much more creative with them. Same with Campbell besides one game. Without Hilton, we lose. Simple as that. We need a more explosive playbook. I'm disappointed in Reich as well.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

To the portion in bold: We keep waiting for this team to be built before we really make an attempt to "go for the Superbowl."

We were a playoff team last year (with Luck), which tells me that we were ready to take the next step this year. And then Luck retired.

But my point is, prior to Luck's retirement Ballard didn't do anything other than save money and accumulate draft picks, again. (His status quo). Even if Luck were playing this year, we would most likely be another playoff team, but not good enough to go all the way. Ballard has built a good team. I think it will always just be "good" but not good enough.

How the Colts would have faired with Luck, we’ll never know. I still like Ballard’s approach to most everything. He can’t control injuries, which played a huge roll the past two games. Starting 5-3 with Brissett speaks volumes about What Ballard has accomplished with this team. I think the Colts are headed in the right direction, just not as fast as we’d like. 

Patience is all I can say. 

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I feel like Hines and Wilkins are being wasted when Reich could get much more creative with them. Same with Campbell besides one game. Without Hilton, we lose. Simple as that. We need a more explosive playbook. I'm disappointed in Reich as well.

Yeah I feel the same way. He isnt using any of our players. Hes acting like this team doesn't have talent on it without TY Hilton. Where is the scheme changes? Where are the adjustments? How many times have we seen hines run 10 yards to the right or to the left after the catch? Yet... that only happens maybe once per game. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NannyMcafee said:

Yeah I feel the same way. He isnt using any of our players. Hes acting like this team doesn't have talent on it without TY Hilton. Where is the scheme changes? Where are the adjustments? How many times have we seen hines run 10 yards to the right or to the left after the catch? Yet... that only happens maybe once per game. 

We should be using our players similar to the Saints and Sean Payton. Mack and Hines could be a poor man's Ingram and Kamara, use Hilton like Thomas, Campbell like Ginn, and our O-Line would thrive like this as well. I realize the offense has been injured, but the playcalling bores me.

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It is being a positive person and fan

I am not a chicken little person

I'm not a chicken little person either also i'm positive about our defense that's it i'll be positive about everything else when it comes out and proves it belongs on an NFL field cause right now they belong in the XFL.

23 minutes ago, MPStack said:

How the Colts would have faired with Luck, we’ll never know. I still like Ballard’s approach to most everything. He can’t control injuries, which played a huge roll the past two games. Starting 5-3 with Brissett speaks volumes about What Ballard has accomplished with this team. I think the Colts are headed in the right direction, just not as fast as we’d like. 

Patience is all I can say. 

I firmly agree with that.  The Colts aren’t just having an injury here or there they are getting decimated at positions, three of their top four WRs out, their whole starting secondary has been banged up this season, they basically played their third string QB Sunday when you remember Luck was the plan this off-season.  

People don’t like to say injuries are an excuse because you can’t control them but at some point you lose too much talent and that does impact the play on the field like it or not.  

I also think this team is young and still building which is why Ballard isn’t cashing all his chips on a aging vet to be a quick fix for the rest of the season.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I'm not a chicken little person either also i'm positive about our defense that's it i'll be positive about everything else when it comes out and proves it belongs on an NFL field cause right now they belong in the XFL.

200.gif

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I firmly agree with that.  The Colts aren’t just having an injury here or there they are getting decimated at positions, three of their top four WRs out, their whole starting secondary has been banged up this season, they basically played their third string QB Sunday when you remember Luck was the plan this off-season.  

People don’t like to say injuries are an excuse because you can’t control them but at some point you lose too much talent and that does impact the play on the field like it or not.  

I also think this team is young and still building which is why Ballard isn’t cashing all his chips on a aging vet to be a quick fix for the rest of the season.

So true

We pulled Kelly up for this game, correct? I know this would've been "controversial", but I am disappointed that we didn't see him this game. I was sure that we had no choice but to bring him in second half. The game wasn't too far gone by that point and Hoyer was -- bad. Did he (Kelly) not show enough in the pre-season to inspire the confidence that he could beat the 1-7 Miami Dolphins? I mean Hoyer was just throwing that thing anywhere. I don't get why we didn't make the switch, it was pretty clear we weren't winning with Hoyer.

19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

pretty much this....injuries to top talent and youth...the recipe for inconsistency. 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is a defining moment for this team. Will they mail it in or keep fighting. If they mail it in there are going to be a lot of players without jobs next year.

Sorry, don't believe it. Unless you list the 'lots of players' so we can discuss their futures independently.

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

Yes, totally quit caring.  :(

54 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We once had an explosive playbook, under Bruce Arians (and Pep/Chud).  So many members here despised it, blamed it for Luck's shortened career {true, too}, and wanted a more controlled short passing attack. Reich brought that and JB7 is a guy that can manage that.

Grass is always greener syndrome.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Sorry, don't believe it. Unless you list the 'lots of players' so we can discuss their futures independently.

Yes, totally quit caring.  :(

We once had an explosive playbook, under Bruce Arians (and Pep/Chud).  So many members here despised it, blamed it for Luck's shortened career {true, too}, and wanted a more controlled short passing attack. Reich brought that and JB7 is a guy that can manage that.

Grass is always greener syndrome.

Are you being sarcastic? Too bad they dont have video of all the drops hes had every game. Of all the things I have said, saying Ebron stopped caring is probably one of the most accurate. 

7 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Are you being sarcastic? Too bad they dont have video of all the drops hes had every game. Of all the things I have said, saying Ebron stopped caring is probably one of the most accurate. 

Drops are his past; he has hands of stone.  If anything, last year was an outlier.  Here's a video (may be more) about his drops in Detroit-

Bitter Lions fans are still using unflattering names about him ( IE: twisting the Optimus Prime name, certainly folks can figure it out).

He's frustrating. He wants to be involved, makes unbelievable catches, and drops the easy ones.  I think he cares, but he is who has proven to be.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Drops are his past; he has hands of stone.  If anything, last year was an outlier.  Here's a video (may be more) about his drops in Detroit-

Bitter Lions fans are still using unflattering names about him ( IE: twisting the Optimus Prime name, certainly folks can figure it out).

He's frustrating. He wants to be involved, makes unbelievable catches, and drops the easy ones.  I think he cares, but he is who has proven to be.

Ebron cares when things are going his way. They're not anymore and the result is clear. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Ebron cares when things are going his way. They're not anymore and the result is clear. 

That's your opinion, and it may be right. Who knows outside of those in the locker room.

Mine is he cares too much, and it gets to him causing even more problems. He needs a QB 'amnesia' attitude.  Forget (completely) the last bad play and make the next good play.  That I feel he might not be able to do.

5 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That's your opinion, and it may be right. Who knows outside of those in the locker room.

Mine is he cares too much, and it gets to him causing even more problems. He needs a QB 'amnesia' attitude.  Forget (completely) the last bad play and make the next good play.  That I feel he might not be able to do.

Well were all just men of our opinions really. 

16 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Droptimus Prime!  Hee Hee now that's funny!

Darius Leonard is the only player who showed any type of heart out there.

Also let’s stop pretending with our secondary. This pass defense is awful. I’m so over this whole “bend don’t break” philosophy. Who cares if you can’t throw it deep on the Colts. You don’t need to when you can easily complete passes across the middle of the field. Those 8-11 yard completions add up quick. 

Also questioning Ballard as well. Colts looked talentless out there. Injuries aside, I think 4 of his 2nd round picks didn’t play at all today. Sad

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just to piggyback on the injury thing...Turay looked like he was starting to come on and become that DE we've needed since Rob and Dwight.

Fans are definitely unrealistic sometimes thinking 'next man up' means 'just as good or better'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay whoa. I think you all are massively overreacting about the overall state of this team. We had a stagnant offense -- that's all. We don't have "losing" locker room all of a sudden. Yes, we lost to (easily) the worst team in football... but guys... Brian Hoyer is -- very very bad. He is a downgrade from the quarterback he was playing against. When you have a quarterback that bad playing with backup wide receivers... We can't run the ball EVERY down.

I'm more disappointed that we didn't go Kelly in the second half. The game was still salvageable and ANYTHING would've been better than Hoyer. Anything. It was clear he wouldn't get anything going.

12 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yesterday was a day of upsets

it was a crazy day for sure....it wasn't just a one of game, there was a series of those. 

New Orleans getting blown out at home by Atlanta

Buffalo losing to Cleveland

KC losing to TN

Rams losing to Pitt

one of those days for sure. 

• Like 1