Colts Vs. Dolphins Game Day Thread

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man,   I hope JB is good to go next week

No Brissett, no TY, no Desir.. no complaints.. just please win!

Posted Images

Its lack of talent not coaching.  Ebron hangs on to ball and thats 7 points.  A good qb hits Hiems and we move the ball.  I am still waiting for one of Ballard's picks to surpass where they were drafted. I will give him Nelson who is a top 6 pick and Mack....thats it

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Not if you are talking about today up to this point....

Yeah, but you're projecting a small sample.  It may be accurate, but it also may not.  It's kind of like a team scoring a FG on their first possession of the game, so the score is 3-0 after 3 minutes and you do the projection and say, "At this rate, the final score will be 60-0."  You're technically correct, but the projection is pretty meaningless at that point.

Maybe that stop will help.... Miami def. Isn't afraid of a 97 yd drive by us in response

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Its lack of talent not coaching.  Ebron hangs on to ball and thats 7 points.  A good qb hits Hiems and we move the ball.  I am still waiting for one of Ballard's picks to surpass where they were drafted. I will give him Nelson who is a top 6 pick and Mack....thats it

Wow, no leonard

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Leonard,  Willis,  and quite a few others.   The talent is fine.   The fact we are starting Brian Hoyer is the issue.  

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I'd love to see EJ emerge. He's definitely got the measurables. I just have tempered my expectations knowing he's a small school dice roll. Thought we'd see him get some time last year, but instead still saw small bits of the other depth guys.   there's some decent FAs that IMO would be an upgrade, and wouldn't cost a bunch. If we could pick up a guy from a cap squeezed team like Jaylon Brown for like 8Mish a year, I think he'd be perfect for our scheme and a 3 down guy. An aging vet like Perryman or KJ Wright might work out too on a modest short term deal. Perryman might be just a 2 down guy, but his coverage was not bad at all last year.  We're in a 4-2-5 set 60+% of the time already. We've never used the SAM a lot even with both Walker and Oke. In 2019, it was Walker at MIKE on 1st and 2nd (and short yardage), Oke at MIKE on 3rd (and obvious passing downs), and then Oke sometimes at SAM vs teams that ran the edge a lot or obvious run downs. Last year Oke started eating into Walker's 2nd down snaps, and we simply played lite more.    Purely my opinion, but you don't want to see Adams or Franklin taking MIKE snaps unless it's an emergency. And definitely not Glasgow. And keep in mind that EJ is still pretty thin. Oke is undersized already at MIKE. EJ is taller than Oke, but 10lbs lighter. Perhaps EJ put on some good weight, but IMO, his lack of power/strength is likely a factor keeping him off the field. He's probably more suited for WILL than MIKE to be honest. If he can pack 15-20lbs of good weight on, and keep his twitch, he could make for a very nice MIKE. It'll be interesting to see if he's made progress in the offesason. Walker was the QB of the D in 2019, and it was him in 2019 and 2020 that filled in at WILL when Leonard was out. That was a little surprising to me as Oke was "billed" as faster and rangier... Peculiar...   Anyway, his asking price is not what concerns me. He's not going to command a lot in this market, and he's not ranked in the top 200 FAs (PFF) either. What my gut tells me is he'd rather play in 3-4 where IMO he'd be much more productive, and would fit his skill sets better. Better fit for him, and probably more lucrative long term. He also can't be happy with Oke eating into his snaps, especially when Oke isn't playing well. Anyway, I really don't want to see Oke playing early downs. He got tore up early downs at MIKE when Leonard was out. If he's our 3 down guy, I can see teams running right at him.
    • Watt is not a good scheme fit. Period. Especially not at that price point and having played his entire career in basically the same scheme. I don't care what anyone says but Houston would be a really logical signing. You don't need him to be Superman with Buckner doing 3 tech.  If worse comes to worst with this cap squeeze, you could get Houston on a one year rental for a discount. He's already cleared almost $100M over his career and he was solid in 2020. There is no way I chase Watt in FA for a premium coming out of a 3-4 scheme. Green Bay is a much better fit for him. 
    • Jabril Cox would be a nice upgrade from Walker and Oke.  Especially since we play the 4-2-5 60% of the time.  He can cover and blitz, two things that Oke and Walker can't do.
    • The thing with this is the best teams don't usually have a lot to spend on free agents.  Its rare for a team as good as the colts to have as much money as they did the last few years.   We also have like one playoff win in 6 years now while having all that free cap space
    • I’m a Stanford guy and am glad we have Okereke.   But I don’t think his ceiling is as high as you seem to think.   86-90?   I’m not sure what that is based on?   Yes, he had a very good rookie year.  But his 2020 season was a big disappointment.  I don’t know why but he didn’t grade out well at all.     If Leonard is 95-100, I’d peg Oke at a top of 85, but more steadily like 75-80.   But that’s only happening if he has a bounce back type of season.   The same kind of season we all hope Rock will have.  A comeback year.  The Colts need a bunch of those in 2021. 
  • Members