Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Week 10: Thoughts, Observations, Impressions, etc.

NFLfan

Thursday, Nov. 7th

Raiders 26, Chargers 24

Sunday, Nov. 10th

Early games (1pm ET, 12 CT, 10P)

Detroit @ Chicago

Baltimore @ Cincinnati 

Buffalo @ Cleveland

Kansas City @ Tennessee

Atlanta @ New Orleans 

Giants @ Jets

Arizona @ Tampa Bay 

Late games (after 4pm ET, 3pm CT, 1pm PT)

Miami @ Indianapolis (will be covered mostly in Colts Section, on Game Thread, and in Chat)

Carolina @ Green Bay

LA Rams @ Pittsburgh

See what is being shown where you live:

Week 10 Television Coverage Maps

Sunday Night Game (8:20pm ET, 7:20pm CT, 5:20pm PT)

Minnesota @ Dallas on NBC

Monday Night Football, Nov. 11th, ESPN (8:15pm ET, 7:15pm CT, 5:15pm PT)

Seattle @ San Francisco 

Any thoughts on the upcoming games?

• Like 1

Why does the Meadowlands stink?

The Marshlands, also known as the Meadowlands, a swampy area in northeastern NJ that exposes stinking marsh mud during low tides. Contains copious amounts of decaying plant matter, toxic chemicals, and waste. The area was used as a garbage dump and sewage treatment plant overflows.

......and the Giants and Jets play there. :puke:

1 hour ago, pacolts56 said:

Why does the Meadowlands stink?

The Marshlands, also known as the Meadowlands, a swampy area in northeastern NJ that exposes stinking marsh mud during low tides. Contains copious amounts of decaying plant matter, toxic chemicals, and waste. The area was used as a garbage dump and sewage treatment plant overflows.

......and the Giants and Jets play there. :puke:

I have gone to Met Life Stadium many times. I have never smelled any swampy odor there. I would not go if there was one because it would give me allergies. It is pleasant there and I always have a good time.

There is a place not too far from the Meadowlands called Kearny which has a bad smell when driving past it, but I don't smell an odor when at Met Life Stadium. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have gone to Met Life Stadium many times. I have never smelled any swampy odor there. I would not go if there was one because it would give me allergies. It is pleasant there and I always have a good time.

There is a place not too far from the Meadowlands called Kearny which has a bad smell when driving past it, but I don't smell an odor when at Met Life Stadium. 

I believe the stench of the Jets and Giants is so overwhelming that it masks the smell of the area. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah...I know Kearny well, I grew up a few miles outside Newark.

Depending on where you're traveling through....Newark, Harrison, Kearny, Elizabeth, Secaucus.... there's a lot of heavy industrial goings on there.... with its lingering effects.

I don't know about now.... maybe they've cleaned things up a bit recently, but back in the day nearby Secaucus was infamous for its meat processing plants.... and they gave off the most nauseating stench I've ever smelt.

Anyway.... it was a useful analogy for the Giants and Jets game. :thmup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

Yeah...I know Kearny well, I grew up a few miles outside Newark.

Depending on where you're traveling through....Newark, Harrison, Kearny, Elizabeth, Secaucus.... there's a lot of heavy industrial goings on there.... with its lingering effects.

I don't know about now.... maybe they've cleaned things up a bit recently, but back in the day nearby Secaucus was infamous for its meat processing plants.... and they gave off the most nauseating stench I've ever smelt.

Anyway.... it was a useful analogy for the Giants and Jets game. :thmup:

I’ve never included a link in a post before so this is my first shot at it, hope it works right. But apparently even NY themselves do not think much of this game:

https://sports.yahoo.com/york-daily-news-roasts-dumpster-170617531.html

2 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I’ve never included a link in a post before so this is my first shot at it, hope it works right. But apparently even NY themselves do not think much of this game:

https://sports.yahoo.com/york-daily-news-roasts-dumpster-170617531.html

From the article that you posted:

I don't know about you but I like to watch games involving highly regarded young QBs. This will be Sam Darnold against Daniel Jones.

The fans of the team that loses this will be :grumpy2: :flaming:.

Th Bears must change QBs with another loss today. Trubisky has lost his confidence and that is the kiss of death. Baltimore @ Cincinnati should be a blackout forever. Pulling hard for a Buffalo win over the Breifland Clowns. Giants vs, Jets=Homer Simpson vs. Peter Griffin. Cardinals vs. Buccaneers televised only in North Korea. KC @ Tenn. Watch the Titans run. Atl. @ N.O. Again? Why? Panthers @ GB well worth the money like the Steelers - Rams game home field should weigh in. 

What are the Falcons thinking? Up 14 points with 5 min left, and they're in Saints territory, why aren't they running the clock out?? Instead, Matt Ryan throws it deep and it is intercepted. Now, they give the Saints a chance to score. :facepalm:

Thankfully for them, their defense stops the Saints and turn them over on downs again.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What are the Falcons thinking? Up 14 points with 5 min left, and they're in Saints territory, why aren't they running the clock out?? Instead, Matt Ryan throws it deep and it is intercepted. Now, they give the Saints a chance to score. :facepalm:

Thankfully for them, their defense stops the Saints and turn them over on downs again.

Every time I see the Falcons with a comfortable lead, I immediately think about that horrific Super Bowl...

• Like 1

I can’t decide if the Chiefs are beating a good but not great team fighting for their season or if there’s still something wrong with them. I know that was a crazy pass by Mahomes but he also missed that wide open pass earlier and they seem to be calling plays within limits of less than what they usually do. I personally think that’s genius if that’s by design in a game without as many implications but I doubt Andy Reid is smart enough to do it for that reason.

And was that PI on the 4th down play?

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I know right?

But I also like that it was kind of Brees fault lol!

How about the call Andy Reid just made? Just gave the Titans another chance!

Anybody who wants the Colts to lose in the playoffs should root against the Chiefs as much as we like Mahomes. Andy Reid will always blow it. Always. It might even be because there’s a force of nature doing it more than he’s stupid. How else can you explain it lol! Tony Romo even called it when the Titans punted in much more politically correct fashion lol!

Ron Rivera TOPPED REID!!!!!!!!!!!

What the heck was he thinking? Going for 2?

And not only that but for some reason the gameplan was to not run on first down in a snow game with a guy playing at an MVP level. He only isn’t in the discussion because the team has some other problems. 

3 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Anybody who wants the Colts to lose in the playoffs should root against the Chiefs as much as we like Mahomes. Andy Reid will always blow it. Always. It might even be because there’s a force of nature doing it more than he’s stupid. How else can you explain it lol! Tony Romo even called it when the Titans punted in much more politically correct fashion lol!

The Colts aren't going to the playoffs... 

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Colts aren't going to the playoffs... 

I just love being corrected on matters that can’t be proved or shot down until they happen depending on whatever happened last. Literally yesterday I was reminded that the Colts were 7-1 if not for kicks and that 5-3 was everybody’s prediction around here the minute Luck left. Atleast 1 of them things was wrong yesterday and atleast 1 of them is wrong today. 

16 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I just love being corrected on matters that can’t be proved or shot down until they happen depending on whatever happened last. Literally yesterday I was reminded that the Colts were 7-1 if not for kicks and that 5-3 was everybody’s prediction around here the minute Luck left. Atleast 1 of them things was wrong yesterday and atleast 1 of them is wrong today. 

Sorry Bloody, that's my bad. I meant to put a probably in that sentence. 

I can't speak for the revisionist theorists on here. I was so blindsided by the Luck retirement I had no idea what was going to happen. 

• Like 1

Ah...no worries Roller. As long as Brissett is ok the Colts still have a chance imo, and maybe even if they’re down to Hoyer who has caught flack for many things that weren’t his fault over the years. The Bills lost to the Browns, the Chiefs lost again and the Chargers lost Saturday after they absolutely smashed the Packers. It’s so not over yet for sure.

1 minute ago, coltsva said:

What did Reid do?

Passed on first down of the would be final sequence as it shouldn’t have outlasted the clock. Titans had all of their timeouts. Obviously it was incomplete. They were up by more than a FG. The recaps are saying the FG attempt they had on the last play of the game after the Titans scores was a botched snap and improvisation by the holder but I think it was a botched fake as they had missed a PAT earlier and didn’t think they’d make the kick.

The only team mathematically eliminated is the Bengals right? 

It seems like alot of teams are done but think of it this way - think of all the teams that won. The Falcons, Browns, Dolphins, Jets and Buccs won yesterday lol! Are those teams ready to be crowned by the same logic? 

• Like 1