Indianapolis Colts
MTC

Colts have waived WR Deon Cain (and more)

2 minutes ago, Lucky1 said:

First of all miss "mood swing" this is the first comment I have ever made about Chad Kelly. You are literally the king of dumb knee jerk reaction comments. This is going to be the most conservative game we call all year, so give the kid a shot. What has Brian Hoyer done in his career? Besides throw a pick 6 last week that cost us the game? He literally could have hiked the ball and ran as fast as he could in the opposite direction on that play and we wouldn't be taking about if the laces cost us the game last week. Give me a break.

Kelly isn’t starting.    He’s not ready.   And one bad throw from Hoyer last week isn’t the reason why the Colts lost.  On balance, Hoyer played well.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So Cain gets cut and his critics think he sucks.

The legendary Chad Kelly got cut at the end of the pre-season, quickly brought back to the PS and his supporters now think he should be starting today. 

Just think Chad Kelly could gain legendary status if he beat the mighty Dolphins according to some lmao 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

hopefully cain goes to the PS I dont think his struggles were all on him JB straight up ignores him 90% of the time or throws terrible throws when he does see him.

JB is out sunday according to the colts app

He did nothing useful with Hoyer in there either.  At some point it's time to stop baming everything under the son other than Cain for Cain's shortcomings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Johnson had 6 catches for 102 yards last season and a TD. That’s pretty impressive and will be a huge upgrade.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

Where's all the Cain truthers? 

I know one that is MIA! 

• Haha 1

Oh well...I was pulling for Cain to bounce back but I guess it just didn’t work out for him here.  We need more production at WR right now and sadly...Cain wasn’t giving it to us.  I’m starting to think Ballard isn’t good at drafting wide receivers. 

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Oh well...I was pulling for Cain to bounce back but I guess it just didn’t work out for him here.  We need more production at WR right now and sadly...Cain wasn’t giving it to us.

The point spread of the game probably just dropped a few points with JB out. It was at 12.5 last I seen it.

34 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yer he has been open but often in the wrong spot

Brissett doesn't have pinpoint accuracy on his long range throws.  Like a lot of QBs, when he goes deep he throws to an area and expects the WR to be running to that area where they can make an undisputed catch.

Cain can look wide open, but if he's got the safety within 3-4 feet, the throw-to-an-area deep ball will result in a pick.  Out that deep safeties have time to get under your route if you're not alert. 

Without top of the line accuracy you have to run timing plays to try to make sure your guy is the only one who can catch the ball you put up.

On deep throws you've either got to get behind the safety or run a clean route to a soft spot in the zone.  Brissett's not gonna willingly throw 50-50 balls at those range.  Cain doesn't just have to get open, he has to get open for a timed throw and run a route that allows Brissett to beat the secondary, and he just isn't doing it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The point spread of the game probably just dropped a few points with JB out. It was at 12.5 last I seen it.

Man...that’s a lot of points.  I just don’t see it.  If I was a betting man I’d be all over that.  Lol.  Id be curious to see how much the spread drops.  

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Man...that’s a lot of points.  I just don’t see it.  If I was a betting man I’d be all over that.  Lol.  Id be curious to see how much the spread drops.  

I am guessing it will be below 10 now.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Mike Hart

Roy Hall

Caesar Rayford 

Deon Cain

Yep!

To be fair chad Kelly not Cain was the fan boy preseason champion although Cain was the runner up.

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Johnson had 6 catches for 102 yards last season and a TD. That’s pretty impressive and will be a huge upgrade.

I don’t know about huge but hopefully he can be an upgrade. 

21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If that was the case they wouldn’t of waived him.  They clearly don’t see it like that. If that’s what they thought they would of seen what hoyer could do with him. Last week hoyer didn’t even pass to him.

Actually he did throw 2 passes to Cain if I recall right.

He dropped both of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

To be fair chad Kelly not Cain was the fan boy preseason champion although Cain was the runner up.

But Cain was a 2nd Rd talent dammit!

wrong john c mcginley GIF

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Lucky1 said:

What does this say about Cain, who gets cut when we are so thin at WR? And I'm not sure why wr don't start Kelly in this situation. We know what we have with Hoyer, he is not the long term solution. Why not give the kid a shot?

It doesn't say much because we are thin, since they didn't cut a wr for another position.  What it says is they don't think much of Cain, or feel the need to motivate him, but neither have anything to do with being thin at wr.  As for why not start Kelly?  I'm guessing it is because they know what they have in Hoyer, which is a vet that threw for 3tds and a pick last week against a much better def. Than Miami will have....

20 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If that's pretty impressive with luck as a QB, then by that measure, Cain has impressive stats with jb as his qb....lol

• Like 1

The question we should all be asking ourselves though is, who the hell is Kyle Peko?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

If that's pretty impressive with luck as a QB, then by that measure, Cain has impressive stats with jb as his qb....lol

No it is pretty bad. He has way more targets then Johnson.

Just now, Shafty138 said:

The question we should all be asking ourselves though is, who the hell is Kyle Peko?

Claimed off waivers earlier this week

It's hard to grade WRs unless you have the coaches view replays, know who were the 1,2,3,4 options on any given play and what each receivers role was in running his route. 

Let's be real here.  Usually depending on the camera angle, you only see the first 5 yards or so of their route.  You have no idea if they're open, and if they were, why they weren't thrown the ball. 

The only thing we can gather watching a TV game is if they drop or catch the ball.  

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This really opens the door for Fountain next year. Hopefully Cain will make it to the ps and work his butt off. Having that injury had to slow his progress in the off season.

Fountain was always going to be a long term plan for the Colts.

15 minutes ago, MPStack said:

But Cain was a 2nd Rd talent dammit!

wrong john c mcginley GIF

But let us not forget Kelly is the second coming of His uncle, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady all in one!  Just no one else sees it other than his fans here...

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not at all

The only people who really know what JB is seeing missing is the people in the QB room

or the people watching the all 22 amd literally seeing him miss numerous throws every single game 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Gif we score 35 pts with hoyer this forum will be crazy. Lol

In reality we should score a lot as Miami is the worse team in the league with a bad defense, so I would hope people would realize it is Miami. JB put 30 on Houston. 

• Like 3

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

or the people watching the all 22 amd literally seeing him miss numerous throws every single game 

When it comes to Cain, I don't think JB was the main issue. Andrew Luck had the same problem with Dorsett and we can agree Luck was awesome. Cain and Dorsett neither have been good route runners here and just relied on their speed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Omg stop with the Kelly stuff. We can’t lose this game and we have no idea what Kelly can do. That’s is a dumb comment. Hoyer is a veteran who had won games in this league.

I have an idea what Kelly can do. But then again I was remembering these plays.

Granted, it was the preseason but the kid has some wheels and if Hoyer gets hurt, could play well enough to raise some eyebrows. He just looks like he has a higher ceiling but I wouldn’t start him at this point.

https://youtu.be/I1A5EsW8T00

53 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Omg stop with the Kelly stuff. We can’t lose this game and we have no idea what Kelly can do. That’s is a dumb comment. Hoyer is a veteran who had won games in this league.

yes I agree we have enough rookies starting we need to field proven talent, draft picks sometime cant cut it and a lot take time to develop. we have to be patient with ballards method of fielding a roster. putting a team together with mainly draft picks is a slow process. it may work in a few years, as fans we have to live with the method of our gm.

As far as Kelly goes, he should start every game EXCEPT this one with Brissett hurt. Hoyer can win this game and it shouldn't be too difficult.

Not mad at cain getting  cut. He did nothing  to keep  his spot. Johnson is good and fast. Him pascal, Roger's will have to hold out til Campbell, funchess, and Hilton  return 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Oh well...I was pulling for Cain to bounce back but I guess it just didn’t work out for him here.  We need more production at WR right now and sadly...Cain wasn’t giving it to us.  I’m starting to think Ballard isn’t good at drafting wide receivers. 

it is hard to know how a draft pick will turn out in the nfl, college is different

55 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Kelly isn’t starting.    He’s not ready.   And one bad throw from Hoyer last week isn’t the reason why the Colts lost.  On balance, Hoyer played well.

I'd argue  it was a huge reason  why we lost. His pick 6 was a 7 to 14 point swing. If he doesn't  throw it we probably  get a td or a fg assuming  vinatieri actually  made it lol

• Like 1

I think it’s pretty clear why Cain was a 6th rd pick. It wasn’t because of the off  field issues. Although Campbell has been injured he is light years of ahead of Cain as a second rd pick should be. College is so much different then the nfl. He might eventually turn out but he needs to do what fountain did in the off season and work with a WR coach.  He probably should of not been in the 53. He should of been put on the PS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I'd argue  it was a huge reason  why we lost. His pick 6 was a 7 to 14 point swing. If he doesn't  throw it we probably  get a td or a fg assuming  vinatieri actually  made it lol

one of many reasons we lost.  It was a bad throw into coverage, no doubt.  

but I’d give him a pass (npi) for that one.  It was his first real action in a couple years.  He was pretty conservative and fairly accurate after that.  

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

As far as Kelly goes, he should start every game EXCEPT this one with Brissett hurt. Hoyer can win this game and it shouldn't be too difficult.

if we were out of the race, and Jacoby was done, I’d agree with you.

But we have no idea how Kelly would look in a real game, and no reason to find out at this point.