Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brett Mock article on Pitt game

hoosierhawk

I didn't read the article but my thoughts anyway!  I didn't realize the Colts were going to be on TV here in Portland since they never are, and turned on the game just as Hoyer threw the pick 6.  Then we scored and missed an extra point.  And then gifted them a FG before the 2nd quarter was over.

That is an 11 point swing on the road.  You just can't play like that.  As I watched that I was telling myself if we lose the game the end of the 2nd quarter will really be the issue.

And even with all of that we had a chance to win at at then end. 

1 hour ago, hoosierhawk said:

Tearing down the rest of the team to make JB look good is not a good thing. JB is much better than that and I'm sure he would vehemently disagree with you.

Let me ask you a question. So when people tear down JB after we even win and say we won despite him, is that ok? I am sure the team would vehemently disagree and so would the coaches. Because I have seen that a lot on here after our wins against the Titans, KC, and Denver. It works both ways. 

2 hours ago, Kenzicocapontas said:

You ever wonder if some of the players are posting on here under disguise?

Right after Leonard was drafted some guy made a post about how Leonard was being doubted by all of us and that he's going to blow and make a name for himself etc... Stating that he's "made of different DNA than us" and how he's gonna be a beast. We all laughed and mocked his take. Turns out he was right lol, Leonard did end up being a beast. Well, at least his rookie year. Not so much this year. 

Anyways, I haven't seem that guy ever since. Or maybe I just cant remember his name and he's still here posting... Or maybe it wad Leonard himself! Jk..

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Let me ask you a question. So when people tear down JB after we even win and say we won despite him, is that ok? I am sure the team would vehemently disagree and so would the coaches. Because I have seen that a lot on here after our wins against the Titans, KC, and Denver. It works both ways. 

I have never seen on this blog anyone tearing down JB after a win. I have seem people critiquing his play but never tearing him down. Some have said they don't think he is a long term answer at QB but not in a disrespectful way. If there has been some, shame on them. But it doesn't make it right to turn around and throw everyone else under the bus. JB is doing the best he can and that is all one can expect.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I have never seen on this blog anyone tearing down JB after a win. I have seem people critiquing his play but never tearing him down. Some have said they don't think he is a long term answer at QB but not in a disrespectful way. If there has been some, shame on them. But it doesn't make it right to turn around and throw everyone else under the bus. JB is doing the best he can and that is all one can expect.

There was posters on here that said he was bad/below average when we won those games. You did not say that but I seen the posts. Thanks for the response. By the way I respect you as a poster, you said you have been watching for 60 years, how can I not. I respect my elders, not calling you old but you are actually older than me haha . I have been watching for roughly 42 years (I am 48) and I can't even say if JB is the answer but I think he is above average at worse and looks like a leader to me. Who knows though.

@hoosierhawk, what was the 1st SB you ever watched, mine was Dallas vs Denver in 77/78, so I go way back. That was the 1st one I remember. So I remember the great Steelers teams too of 78 and 79. I watched those seasons and started collecting football cards at that point lmao . I became a Colts fan in 1984 when I was 13 because they moved here to Indy. I was just a fan of football before that and played peewee football too in the early 80's haha .

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There was posters on here that said he was bad/below average when we won those games. You did not say that but I seen the posts. Thanks for the response. By the way I respect you as a poster, you said you have been watching for 60 years, how can I not. I respect my elders, not calling you old but you are actually older than me haha . I have been watching for roughly 42 years (I am 48) and I can't even say if JB is the answer but I think he is above average at worse and looks like a leader to me. Who knows though.

You can call me old and you would be correct. Age is only relative as I have been very involved in sports my whole life. I didn't start watching at 6 as we didn't have TV. I have stated before that I am a large JB  fan but have questioned his pre snap reads and his going thru his progressions and ability to throw his receivers open. Are these learned abilities or are they innate? I thought this to be a discussion  site but find people easily offended. We as a fan base are very spoiled with Manning and then Luck. Time will tell if JB is the guy but hopefully we don't take too long to make a decision. At my age 2006, time is of the essence.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@hoosierhawk, what was the 1st SB you ever watched, mine was Dallas vs Denver in 77/78, so I go way back. That was the 1st one I remember. So I remember the great Steelers teams too of 78 and 79. I watched those seasons and started collecting football cards at that point lmao . I became a Colts fan in 1984 when I was 13 because they moved here to Indy. I was just a fan of football before that and played peewee football too in the early 80's haha .

Mine was Super Bowl 1 with the Packers and Bart Starr. He was the MVP. Lombardi was my hero and still consider him as the GOAT although Belichick is co-GOAT.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Mine was Super Bowl 1 with the Packers and Bart Starr. He was the MVP. Lombardi was my hero and still consider him as the GOAT although Belichick is co-GOAT.

Lombardi is still the GOAT too many, like Montana is too many. I never thought anyone could be better than Montana until I seen Brady and Peyton, and I am still not sure haha . 

We brought in JB & thru him in with no training camp no off season & no familiarity with his teammates this year surprise surprise you are now our starter JB . 

IMO he has performed surprisingly well he was not brought to the Colts to be the long term answer but he has been given the task if he fails it will only be because those around him failed &

It was a total team break down that led to that loss ' stupid penalties & kicker issues & interception & our O=line seemed to take a step backwards there is plenty of blame to go around .

A failure of the team in all areas allowed the Steelers to Win  Brissett & Hoyer did there best they are back ups .  

I will point out AV finished last season with kicker issues & started this season the same laces or no laces ... 

The Colts can easily do better than that game this loss was a wake up call so its time to get back to work  :colts:

8 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

We brought in JB & thru him in with no training camp no off season & no familiarity with his teammates this year surprise surprise you are now our starter JB . 

IMO he has performed surprisingly well he was not brought to the Colts to be the long term answer but he has been given the task if he fails it will only be because those around him failed &

It was a total team break down that led to that loss ' stupid penalties & kicker issues & interception & our O=line seemed to take a step backwards there is plenty of blame to go around .

A failure of the team in all areas allowed the Steelers to Win  Brissett & Hoyer did there best they are back ups .  

I will point out AV finished last season with kicker issues & started this season the same laces or no laces ... 

The Colts can easily do better than that game this loss was a wake up call so its time to get back to work  :colts:

No training camp or offseason? He took most of the training camps snaps and played the preseason games. JB has done enough to help the team. The question is can he elevate his game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah JB took all the snaps all spring clear through TC. I do think there is something though to be said with him being the starter now and going into next season. Yep we just need to find out if he can improve his game and elevate the team more or has he already reached his ceiling. I think we will find that out at the end of his contract.

On 11/7/2019 at 2:43 PM, CanuckColtsFan said:

Garbage comments on Brissett.  The man does what we need to win. His TDs to int ratio is excellent.  Colts could have been up huge if not for a 96 yard pick 6. Brissett shakes tackles and is not taking 5 sacks a game. 

Garbage.

He would have taken sacks in that game...the OL was not good. 

On 11/9/2019 at 10:35 AM, Mr.Debonair said:

No training camp or offseason? He took most of the training camps snaps and played the preseason games. JB has done enough to help the team. The question is can he elevate his game

I was talking about his first season I realize he had this year under his belt although being the starter was a surprise .