Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brett Mock article on Pitt game

hoosierhawk

I agree with that 100%, i was skeptical before i opened it too.

The first penalty on Daruis was warranted, but the second one was petty AF

surprised we have not heard more about rogers' fumble, that was a killer

i have to agree on the Hoyer vs Brissett take too, been saying that all year really 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

I agree with that 100%, i was skeptical before i opened it too.

The first penalty on Daruis was warranted, but the second one was petty AF

surprised we have not heard more about rogers' fumble, that was a killer

i have to agree on the Hoyer vs Brissett take too, been saying that all year really 

Agree with the Hoyer Brissett take as well. I’m just not sold on the guy at all. I think that game ended up way closer then it would’ve been if Brissett was in. 

• Like 1

It is "articles" like this that make it harder and harder to look at stampede blue for anything.

One on the content... all Brett did was rehash the game.  He offered commentary on a couple of points but even that was in the line of "I say so, so it is so."  The big one is AV's missed FG.  The laces did indeed affect the kick, anyone who has ever kicked a ball knows that kicking the laces is a recipe for disaster.  But even so, if he wants to make a point, explain the point don't just say, in effect, "anyone that thinks differently is wrong".

Then beyond that the writing is, I cannot even call it sophomoric because most high school sophomores write better than that.   His last sentence, for example, "I’m still learning squarely toward the idea that the long-term solution at quarterback for the Colts isn’t on the roster."

He is learning squarely on that?  My word, take two seconds and run it through Grammerly... even the free version would catch something that bad.

But with writing as bad as this piece displayed you have to wonder how much can you really trust his judgment on other things?  Posting something like that on a message board is one thing to present it as an "article" from a "Colts analyst" is laughable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

Agree with the Hoyer Brissett take as well. I’m just not sold on the guy at all. I think that game ended up way closer then it would’ve been if Brissett was in. 

Yep. We probably win that game by double digits if JB didn’t get hurt.  We would of run it down their throats the second half. Their offense is so bad. They would not of come back from a 17-3 lead. It would of been lights out. We probably add a couple more scores in the second half. If anyone noticed the mental mistakes happened after JB left. Do those ST mistakes on kick offs happen if JB had not got injured. They lost their leader and the steady hand.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yep. We probably win that game by double digits if JB didn’t get hurt.  We would of run it down their throats the second half. Their offense is so bad. They would not of come back from a 17-3 lead. It would of been lights out. We probably add a couple more scores in the second half. If anyone noticed the mental mistakes happened after JB left. Do those ST mistakes on kick offs happen if JB had not got injured. They lost their leader and the steady hand.

Hard to tell if you're joking or not

• Like 3

we need a new kicker plain and simple. Theres a pretty good chance someone else would have made the few clutch kicks Vinny has made, plus the ones he has missed potentially allowing us to win the Charger and Steeler game. If Ballard would have went the other way with the kicker position we could potentially be 7-1

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

we need a new kicker plain and simple. Theres a pretty good chance someone else would have made the few clutch kicks Vinny has made, plus the ones he has missed potentially allowing us to win the Charger and Steeler game. If Ballard would have went the other way with the kicker position we could potentially be 7-1

hind sight is 20/20

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

The name should give it away. “Brett Mock” is a AI bot we’ve created that takes posts on the forum and “writes” articles using the themes as it’s basis. 

Microsoft did something similar:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tay_(bot)

Sadly, I cannot tell if you are joking or not.

35 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No I am serious. This is a different game if that INT doesn’t happen. 

Because Brissett has never thrown a pick 6?

54 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think the whole "team made mistakes because JB was out" is a big stretch. As for the other stuff, yeah the pick 6 was bad, but really we have no idea whether or not Brissett would've gotten those 2 early TD's in the first place. Personally, I don't think we would've seen him make that Pascal TD pass, but again, no way to know for sure.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I think the whole "team made mistakes because JB was out" is a big stretch. As for the other stuff, yeah the pick 6 was bad, but really we have no idea whether or not Brissett would've gotten those 2 early TD's in the first place. Personally, I don't think we would've seen him make that Pascal TD pass, but again, no way to know for sure.

He might not of thrown the pascal pass but that doesn’t mean he would not of gotten it in the end zone. If that INT don’t happen we don’t need a lot of points to win that game.

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Maybe a different kicker misses those long kicks against Denver Vinny made. Those were not easy kicks. So it goes both ways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wow! Stretch is correct. You are saying  Leonard doesn't make the dumb penalty if JB is still in the game? Rogers doesn't fumble the KO after the safety and AV makes the point after and the field goal? Unbelievable! JB was on the sidelines the entire game, could he not influence the from the sideline like other great leaders do?

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He might not of thrown the pascal pass but that doesn’t mean he would not of gotten it in the end zone. If they INT don’t happen we don’t need a lot of points to win that game.

Honestly seeing those passes Hoyer attempted was a breath of fresh air. INT sucked but there should be blame for letting him run it back 93 yards. I still don't see how JBs ultra conservative style would have allowed us to blow them out. Pitt has a very good defense. 

Also, I can't be the only one slightly irked by your constant use of "should of" instead of "should have or should've"??? 

10 minutes ago, Calmack said:

Honestly seeing those passes Hoyer attempted was a breath of fresh air. INT sucked but there should be blame for letting him run it back 93 yards. I still don't see how JBs ultra conservative style would have allowed us to blow them out. Pitt has a very good defense. 

Also, I can't be the only one slightly irked by your constant use of "should of" instead of "should have or should've"??? 

That was a game where we should of been up 24-3 or 24-6 at halftime. There is no way that game should of been close. Despite JB going down and Kelly we moved on offense down the field with ease. There defense was not that good. 

5 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Garbage comments on Brissett.  The man does what we need to win. His TDs to int ratio is excellent.  Colts could have been up huge if not for a 96 yard pick 6. Brissett shakes tackles and is not taking 5 sacks a game. 

Garbage.

FYI  -

Hoyer was sacked 4 times vs the Steelers. 

Brissett was sacked 4 times vs the Broncos and he was sacked 1 time vs the Steelers in 1 quarter. 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

No I am serious. This is a different game if that INT doesn’t happen. 

I agree that INT was huge, but look at the interception Brissett threw in the game against the Chiefs, it was remarkably close to the one Hoyer threw vs the Steelers. 

All in all Hoyer played better, than Jacoby did on average so far this season. 

Color me not impressed by most of the stuff on Stampede Blue. Their disregard of “filtering” the comments section make it even more unreadable.

To disregard Rigo’s (and Rhodes’) part in the misses is just bad journalism.

Plenty of mistakes by players that have NOTHING to do with Brissett being out.

The good news is that all of these things are correctable.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That was a game where we should of been up 24-3 or 24-6 at halftime. There is no way that game should of been close. Despite JB going down and Kelly we moved on offense down the field with ease. There defense was not that good. 

If I recall it was 3-3 at the end of the 1st quarter. What your saying is we should have scored 21 point in the 2nd quarter and I am assuming you meant if JB would have been playing. I could be wrong but I don't think we scored 21 points in a half this year much less a quarter. Comments like this or we would have won the game by double digits if JB would have played the entire game unfortunately for JB doesn't do him any favors. We all want the Colts and JB to be successful but if you are wanting people to be more endeared to him exaggerations like the above doesn't help.

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

Color me not impressed by most of the stuff on Stampede Blue. Their disregard of “filtering” the comments section make it even more unreadable.

To disregard Rigo’s (and Rhodes’) part in the misses is just bad journalism.

Plenty of mistakes by players that have NOTHING to do with Brissett being out.

The good news is that all of these things are correctable.

The writer was off on a few points, and mostly bla bla bla drivel.

That was a pretty good article that brought out there efficiencies in that game that could have been corrected. People don't want to blame Vinatieri but he is responsible. The referees had a lot to do with it. We shouldn't have done stupid plays to cause us to not score

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is one of the worst, most uninformed, lacking evidence takes I’ve seen on these forums and that’s saying something. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Tearing down the rest of the team to make JB look good is not a good thing. JB is much better than that and I'm sure he would vehemently disagree with you.

• Like 1