Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brissett practiced

CR91

If he is limited tomorrow and a full on Friday I expect him to play. Like Reich said he is our QB and if he can play he will. If there is no risk of making it worse where it would keep him out of the jags game I think he will play. I have a feeling we are going to run Mack a lot in this game. Miami doesn’t really have a pass rush so it might be really low risk. If we were playing Denver or Steelers he might sit.

2 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Huh? Don’t you run that risk away. If he plays and isn’t 100%, he could further injure it and the Hoyer comes in could possibly get hurt. 

I’d take my chances on Hoyer being able to make it thru a full game 

I wouldn’t bank on 1 injury away from putting my season starter in with risk of further damage as well as limited Ability to move on the field. It’s not worth it for Miami game. If JB is good to go with no risk of further damage, you play it safe and hold him completely out and bring up Kelly to be the second QB. I can’t imagine many coaches willing to put their starting QB at risk like when it’s not needed. Put Hoyer at the starter spot and let Kelly back home up. Rest JB and place him at risk when it’s warranted. This game isn’t that. Imho 

If the docs think he is 100%, I'm fine. If he's slowed in slightest, or has any risk whatsoever of aggravating things, he needs to sit. Playing Miami at home is the definition of the perfect game to rest your QB. All it takes is one hit (from an opponent or team mate).... 

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think anything new happened. He was limited a couple times last week. I think he is working through the same thing he had that costs him the three games. This is probably more just a rest day and being cautious.

So, precisely what you read, as did everyone else in response to that question just longer, as usual.  Got it.

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is what I said.  That’s why even if he doesn’t play it doesn’t mean Kelly will be activated. 

They aren’t going to do that.  If Brissett can play he’s going to start.  If he can’t he won’t dress.  He’s not going to be the backup.  That’s just not what you do with your starting QB.  

Also, while the fans are over looking Miami the team isn’t going to do that.  So all these oh well it’s only the Dolphins takes that some fans are having I can promise you the team doesn’t look at it that way.  They are going to prepare for Miami the same way they would prepare for New England.  That’s what good teams do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If the docs think he is 100%, I'm fine. If he's slowed in slightest, or has any risk whatsoever of aggravating things, he needs to sit. Playing Miami at home is the definition of the perfect game to rest your QB. All it takes is one hit (from an opponent or team mate).... 

I am sure that’s what the Colts are going to do.  If they feel Jacoby can do more damage they won’t play him.  If they feel like he’s at no greater risk than he normally would be then they will play him.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

How do you figure? Assuming you’ve got inside knowledge on the severity of the injury.

A knee, and "only" a sprain, is limiting, but not a disaster.  What it means IMHO is that he might have to be a pocket passer, which is the part of his game I honestly want him focusing on improving anyway

If the OL can hold up, you can get through a game with a bad knee as a QB.  I just wouldn't expect to see any Houdini acts out of the guy.

Seeing that Kelly is perfectly fine and IMHO likely to go next Sunday is the best news so far.  We really struggled without him out there.

With all that said I don't think they play him this Sunday unless it's obvious he's fine.  Sprains are unpredictable.

17 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'll be a debbie downer... I bet JB does not practice tomorrow.

Poor choice of words, I don't bet.  I do not think JB will practice tomorrow.

I'll give you 10 to 1 odds i can get you to gamble by the end of the day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

What is a Burner injury on Kelly? 

19 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Something about a nerve being pinched by bones or something.  Sounds like another term for a stinger.  Nothing too serious though obviously since he's back to full practice.  

Yes, stinger or burner, nicknames for a fairly common nerve injury to the neck/shoulder area.

19 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

What I meant is a WR, CB, RB has to make cuts ect. I can imagine it’s easier for a QB to play on it then another position.

Until you get 300+ lb. angry men chasing you down from every angle...

18 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'll be a debbie downer... I bet JB does not practice tomorrow.

Poor choice of words, I don't bet.  I do not think JB will practice tomorrow.

Possibly, depending how he responds to the limited reps he took.  Or he might go full participation.  We'll see.

12 hours ago, Dark_Superman said:

The Colts are more than capable of winning this game at home against Miami without Brissett. If he's not 100 perfect, sit him.

He is most likely kept in motion (no cutting though), possibly taking an NSAID, and will probably get cleared when motion is normal and >90% strength is achieved.

18 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is what I said.  That’s why even if he doesn’t play it doesn’t mean Kelly will be activated. 

If Jacoby don't play Hoyer is the only QB on the active roster Kelly would have to come up at that point to be the backup option id take him over some off the street guy that would probably be terrible.

1 hour ago, cjrichard said:

"What is a Burner injury on Kelly? "

Kelly was injured from all of the hands to face infractions that snapped his head back that were never called.  Similar to the play that Heyward used to push Nelson back into JB when he injured his knee.  

Joseph

Ya but then Glow doesn't it and automatic flag like I said could have been said we were playing New England last week that officiating was horrible.