Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brissett practiced

CR91

21 minutes ago, CR91 said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RpV5xiuGeZEPJjMo8

Can we please calm down now

So did Luck, at least he came into the field and threw the ball and ran some drills before the preseason game and where is he sitting at now? This team is such smoke and mirrors in reporting anything that I don’t trust a word or a video that it is as it seems. For all we know, JB is dead and this is a body double. They will notify us after the season is over. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

So did Luck, at least he came into the field and threw the ball and ran some drills before the preseason game and where is he sitting at now? This team is such smoke and mirrors in reporting anything that I don’t trust a word or a video that it is as it seems. For all we know, JB is dead and this is a body double. They will notify us after the season is over. 

This is pretty fair although I would say they don't seem to be hiding anything this time around.  With the previous incarnations they where so tight lipped that you can tell they where hiding something.  

This they pretty much said it was a MCL sprain and the MRI results looked good.  

But you are right given the team's history with QB injuries, nearly anything is plausible.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Hooker again?  Didn't know he was back on the injury report.

Or is this just a rest day to help him recoup from his last injury?

I think  its the same injury he is still working through. He was limited last week a day or so. Probably more rest then actually a new injury. If he doesn’t go this is one injury I am not worried about.

8 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Oh dear God :facepalm:

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Something about a nerve being pinched by bones or something.  Sounds like another term for a stinger.  Nothing too serious though obviously since he's back to full practice.  

Thanks I googled Burner and nerve. 

A “burner” is a common nerve injury resulting from trauma to the neck and shoulder, usually during sports participation. The injury is most often caused by traction or compression of the upper trunk of the brachial plexus or the fifth or sixth cervical nerve roots

24 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

its LP but if he goes to full practice in either of the next two days I think he plays.

Well the fact that everyone around here was thinking the worst, a LP on a Wednesday is a welcome sign

27 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'll be a debbie downer... I bet JB does not practice tomorrow.

Poor choice of words, I don't bet.  I do not think JB will practice tomorrow.

I’d agree. I fully expect them to bring up Kelly just in case and let that MCL or whatever injuries JB has to heal and be right for the division game. Would be the smart choice to do imho if he has to wear that bigger, clunky brace, I’d assume that would be a hinderance to him. A week, or two, allows his to not only heal better but allows him to become more adjusted to the brace and movements with it on. One week, in limited time, may not be as productive as two weeks would. Miami is going to be as soft of an opponent as we get so may as well take advantage of that and give rest to JB.

id put Kelly coming up at about 75% chance. 

11 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Start Hoyer but keep Brissett active and play him only if needed, if he practices 

I’m not sure that’s solid planning. If he is injured enough to not start, you don’t activate him because what happens if Hoyer goes down second snap? Now JB is a full game participant and you risk this injury to become more. If he is good to go, he is, but don’t make him your 2nd option and hope to rest him. That’s how I’d approach this anyways. 

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

So this is Weekend at Bernies the Chris Ballard remake?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

I’m not sure that’s solid planning. If he is injured enough to not start, you don’t activate him because what happens if Hoyer goes down second snap? Now JB is a full game participant and you risk this injury to become more. If he is good to go, he is, but don’t make him your 2nd option and hope to rest him. That’s how I’d approach this anyways. 

Huh? Don’t you run that risk away. If he plays and isn’t 100%, he could further injure it and the Hoyer comes in could possibly get hurt. 

I’d take my chances on Hoyer being able to make it thru a full game 

10 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Huh? Don’t you run that risk away. If he plays and isn’t 100%, he could further injure it and the Hoyer comes in could possibly get hurt. 

I’d take my chances on Hoyer being able to make it thru a full game 

I don’t disagree but who would you cut to bring Kelly up for a week 

2 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I mean as long as his double can get us into the playoffs it’s all good 

• Haha 2