Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

End of Season Record

MPStack

What is everyone’s predictions for the Colts end of regular season record. 

I’m thinking the Colts go 9-7 and it’s 50-50 for a WC game.

With injuries piling up especially at WR, I think it’s going to be tough beating NO, CAR, HOU and the Jags twice. 

This season is quickly unraveling. I don't even want to watch this team if Hoyer is the QB. Injuries are piling up, and we have some tough games. I'm a bit more pessimistic than normal, and I'm seeing 8-8. We'll get swept by Jax, lose to NO and CAR, and sdrop another one along the way. Even the O-Line is falling apart.

IF we go 4-4 the rest of the way that will be very disappointing. 

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

This season is quickly unraveling. I don't even want to watch this team if Hoyer is the QB. Injuries are piling up, and we have some tough games. I'm a bit more pessimistic than normal, and I'm seeing 8-8. We'll get swept by Jax, lose to NO and CAR, and sdrop another one along the way. Even the O-Line is falling apart.

That is a little bit of a over reaction.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Funchess should be back against the jags and don’t count out TY either.  The oline isn’t falling apart. They have had a couple rough games against good defenses. That wasn’t even all the oline. It was bad blocking by the WR,TE, and RB.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Probably, but Denver is a poor version of Jax, and we had a ton of trouble Vs them. NO has Brees back and I don't see us stopping McCaffrey.

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Maybe but most people were saying we wouldn't even make 8-8 after Luck retired, so even if we falter to 8-8, which will be disappointing, it'd still be a win given all the trouble this season. 

That said, we're still in the hunt for 13-3 as much as we are in the hunt for 8-8 or even 5-11.

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

he kind of does that from time to time after losses or bad news. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Probably, but Denver is a poor version of Jax, and we had a ton of trouble Vs them. NO has Brees back and I don't see us stopping McCaffrey.

I am going to guess we win at least 1 of the games everyone has us losing. Defense has been very good. Just sit back and relax and see what unfolds.  We have a bright future with as young as we are. That’s why we are inconsistent. Look at all the rookies we have played and yet they haven’t hurt our defense. Campbell staying healthy next year will be so fun. That guy is fast. This team doesn’t quite have the players yet to win a SB but we are getting closer.

BTW Houston’s record is hard. They have the ravens, colts and NE the three games. We need to win our two division home games and we will see what happens against the Texans. Funchess coming back probably next week and TY won’t be far behind. Then you have pascal stepping up our WR group should finish the year well.

• Like 1

Remember also Houston lost Watt. He had so much pressure on JB and we still killed them. No Watt we can beat them in Houston unless their  corners start to play that much better.  Also with these three straight division games we shouldn’t have trouble getting up for the games. I will be interested if foles makes them better and if it’s easier to pass on the jags without Ramsey. I do worry about the jags pass rush especially if JB is limited with the injury.

Unless we totally fall apart we should make the playoffs. Steelers offense is bad. They are going to lose more close games. Will the chargers all of a sudden turn it around. That is a possibility because they do this every year. Then you have the raiders. They are a young and inconsistent team so I guess they could. Those are the three teams we need to watch out for if we don’t win the division. The first priority is to win the division and have it wrapped up before that last game with the jags.

Chargers still have two games against the chiefs. They play the raiders Sunday so one of those teams we have to worry about will have a loss.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

We are 5-3 now. I think 9-7 is likely or 10-6. No more wins than 10. As of now, how I see it

Dolphins- W

Jags- W

Texans- L

Titans- W

Tampa Bay (hard to figure them out)- L

Saints- L

Panthers- W

Jags- L

If we have our playoff seeding wrapped up by that last jags game I could see us losing seven because we will sit players. 

Looks like the raiders, chiefs, and chargers are going to beat up on each other. Steelers have a few tough games also.

We really have to watch the jags because outside the two games with us their schedule is easy.

Tampa Bay is a weird team I agree. We won’t be able to run on them and they have a excellent pass rush. If Winston doesn’t turn the ball over they could win. The good thing is we hopefully will have all our WR back for that game. Even Campbell.

44 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

43 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Pot, let me introduce you to kettle.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

if our o-line continues to struggle and hoyer is our qb 6-10

if our o-line gets it together 11-5

Hoyer is 1-0 as the QB so far.   You think he'd go 1-7 the rest of the way?   

He'll probably only start 1 more game though.

2 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

We are 5-3 now. I think 9-7 is likely or 10-6. No more wins than 10. As of now, how I see it

Dolphins- W

Jags- W

Texans- L

Titans- W

Saints- L

Panthers- W

Jags- L

Based on that, I think we go 8-8. I think we lose the Carolina game.

2 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Dolphins- W

Jags- W

Texans- L

Titans- W

Saints- L

Panthers- W

Jags- L

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we have our playoff seeding wrapped up by that last jags game I could see us losing seven because we will sit players. 

Looks like the raiders, chiefs, and chargers are going to beat up on each other. Steelers have a few tough games also.

We really have to watch the jags because outside the two games with us their schedule is easy.

Tampa Bay is a weird team I agree. We won’t be able to run on them and they have a excellent pass rush. If Winston doesn’t turn the ball over they could win. The good thing is we hopefully will have all our WR back for that game. Even Campbell.

I agree Tampa is as good of a 50-50 you will get. If we see Winston who put up points on Seattle and Los Angeles then they could win. If we got bad Winston then we may lose. I don’t like that our corners get Mike Evans and Mike Thomas in back to back weeks. 

19 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

This totally depends on the health of the team. Do we get Jacoby, T.Y., Kelly, and Desir healthy by the Texans game? If so, I can totally see us ending the year 11-5.

Kelly says he is playing Sunday. I suppose that could change if practice doesn’t go well. Desir is supposed to test his hamstring in practice today. I won’t be shocked if we get TY and DF back for the jags game. But as we know once we get healthy something else happens. 

its really hard to say.  so many close games with some questionable penalties and plays that could have easily gone the other way this year

i feel like the kicking game is going to cost us again.  we will probably lose a game we should win, and win one we should lose, thats how this team rolls

i'll say 9-7

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

It's not just this loss that has people worried IMO

Yep.   It's that every game has been close.   Raiders, Broncos, Steelers, Titans, Falcons.  Close games and an inconsistant kicking game isn't a good combo.  I think 4-4 the rest of the way is possible.  

At this point last season...I felt strongly that the Colts could/should sweep the rest of the way. Luck was balling, the OL had gelled and the schedule was a pretty easy.

This year...the Colts (obviously) don't have Luck...the OL has started to regress and suffer injuries...and the schedule is going to get tougher after next week (I think NFC is very good this year...so having to play any team that is not ATL, WAS or NYG worries me). 

The Colts style of play this year has resulted in a low point differential and most games becoming a coinflip. Right now, they have been on the plus side of it...but as we saw against PIT what the other side looks like. And over the course of a season, those types of outcomes tend to regress to the mean. As of this past week, their pythagorean win expectation for the season would be 8.1 games...(points for) / (points for + points against) * 16 games...basically 8-8.

And you have to factor in not having a reliable kicking game...which is crucial in close games.

Having MIA on the schedule will help...so I am going to say 9-7 at this moment...provided they get some key player back.

9-7 or 8-8.

The way we've been winning games is hard to sustain. Especially now that we've been on the wrong side of the calls (penalties were a huge boost for us against HOU and KC, and we've seen how much they hurt us against DEN and PIT). And with AV's struggles and injuries...and potentially more injuries down the line...I'm thinking we go .500 from here on out.

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Step away from the ledge...away from the ledge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 - 6 or even 9  - 7 I think is a great from this team after the new we received in preseason. With such wins I am really proud of FO (CB) and HC (FReich) for awesome season. I still remember when there were posts that season holders were asking for their refunds after the big news. Great Great season and success from these guys so far. 

In Ballard we Believe, in Reich we Trust Go COLTS Ahooooo :rock: