Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard’s mid season interview

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Here is Ballard’s mid season interview. The recording is at the bottom of the written interview. In the other thread I mentioned Stephen Holder thought TY Might be back sooner then the 3 or 4 weeks. Interesting Ballard mentions how TY always pops back up a couple weeks earlier from a injury then expected. Don’t be shocked if he is back sooner.

• Like 2

"And then we’ve gotta get more consistent out of our extra point and field goal units — and I say the entire unit, not just one player. I know people sometimes find this hard to believe, but one of the great things about football is it’s 11 players on the field, and they all have to execute their jobs for things to go right."

I know Vinny deserves some criticism but I agree with Chris here. Our blocking, snapping and holding has not been up to par AT ALL. That entire unit needs to step up. I'm not sold on our snapper or Rigo as the holder. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

"And then we’ve gotta get more consistent out of our extra point and field goal units — and I say the entire unit, not just one player. I know people sometimes find this hard to believe, but one of the great things about football is it’s 11 players on the field, and they all have to execute their jobs for things to go right."

I know Vinny deserves some criticism but I agree with Chris here. Our blocking, snapping and holding has not been up to par AT ALL. That entire unit needs to step up. I'm not sold on our snapper or Rigo as the holder. 

Isn’t it nice to hear that from Ballard instead of the coach speak of Reich just saying I trust Adam. Why can’t Reich say exactly what Ballard said there. 

17 hours ago, cjrulli said:

Rhodes, the long snapper, is and has been a problem for a while IMO. He's good on punts but he's consistently inaccurate with his FG/PAT snaps. Ever since last year I've noticed how common Rigo has to twist his body and catch the ball at his outside shoulder.

For that reason, I'm okay with Rigo as the holder. He's had to deal with a lot of bad snaps there and still gets down a good hold consistently.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Isn’t it nice to hear that from Ballard instead of the coach speak of Reich just saying I trust Adam. Why can’t Reich say exactly what Ballard said there. 

Because they have different jobs.  Players know GMs are constantly looking at talent and trying to replace them.  Coaches have to get guys to buy in every week.  Part of a coaches job is when a player is struggling to say hey keep going I believe in you, you can do this.  Things like a coach sticking up for you when you are struggling is what gets players to go that extra mile for the coach.  

• Like 1