Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Status of Devin Funchess?

BlueCollarColts

17 minutes ago, bigt said:

We will just have to go run heavy.  Put Haeg in as a 6th blocker and use a fullback :)

nah, throw it to Nelson, watch the tiny little DBs bounce off of him as he walks it into the endzone...  It'd be like shooting an Abrams tank with BBs 

I was at the first 4 days of training  camp and Funchess was nicked up with some type of different injury each day. Obviously the collarbone in game one was a tough break. I hope he is not as fragile as the rest of our receiving corps. We paid a lot of money for him to get 5-6 games from him. 

32 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I was at the first 4 days of training  camp and Funchess was nicked up with some type of different injury each day. Obviously the collarbone in game one was a tough break. I hope he is not as fragile as the rest of our receiving corps. We paid a lot of money for him to get 5-6 games from him. 

It was cramps. Not really any injury. He has barely missed in games his entire career. I think it might be only one before this injury.

Anyone have the same feeling about DF as they did with Luck when he had the calf issue that turned into a small bone issue that turned into he is t playing this year? Something is up if he doesn’t practice this week. Surely to god he can get out there with a red no contact jersey on and run routes at the very least. It just smells of more to the story. 

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

Anyone have the same feeling about DF as they did with Luck when he had the calf issue that turned into a small bone issue that turned into he is t playing this year? Something is up if he doesn’t practice this week. Surely to god he can get out there with a red no contact jersey on and run routes at the very least. It just smells of more to the story. 

100% smells very fishy. I’m not into conspiracy theories, but the speak I’m getting from Reich and Ballard is making me question him returning period. We owe him the 10 million regardless if he plays again, Right?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

100% smells very fishy. I’m not into conspiracy theories, but the speak I’m getting from Reich and Ballard is making me question him returning period. We owe him the 10 million regardless if he plays again, Right?

Seems like it was more than a 10 million $ contract. 12-13??

No I don’t think anything is fishy with DF. He can’t play until next week why take snaps away from guys who will play this week. He is veteran so he should be just fine coming back next week.  It was a shoulder so he should of been able to stay in shape. Ballard sounded excited to get him back.  DF has also posted multiple IG stories that indicate he is ready. Stephen Holder mentioned he has been watching practice lately which he hadn’t done since getting injured.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

No I don’t think anything is fishy with DF. He can’t play until next week why take snaps away from guys who will play this week. He is veteran so he should be just fine coming back next week.  It was a shoulder so he should of been able to stay in shape. Ballard sounded excited to get him back.  DF has also posted multiple IG stories that indicate he is ready. Stephen Holder mentioned he has been watching practice lately which he hadn’t done since getting injured.

I’m going to listen to Ballard’s most recent interview again, I don’t recall the same perkiness you heard. Here’s the fact, he should be ready to go, we are all excited to get him back.

It just might be he isn’t completly healthy. It is a little strange I guess he isn’t out running routes or something I guess. I have to go back and read Reichs comments but I think he said they decided to wait until next week. Which does sound like he will.  He did say he still had a few boxes to check. I don’t think anything weird is going on though.

32 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It just might be he isn’t completly healthy. It is a little strange I guess he isn’t out running routes or something I guess. I have to go back and read Reichs comments but I think he said they decided to wait until next week. Which does sound like he will.  He did say he still had a few boxes to check. I don’t think anything weird is going on though.

For anyone to go back and read past quotes from this staff is wasting time. They would claim the sky is purple and will change back to blue in 5 days knowing full well the sky isn’t changing colors ever again. This staff doesn’t tell anything that’s credible to occur. I have just learned to turn off any of their comments about players either returning or to their level of play. If we were to believe this group, Lewis would be playing and be a pro bowler with Cain. 

I went back and watched Reichs presser yesterday and what he said about DF. He mentioned 21 day window. Once they start practicing you only have 21 days to activate them. So I think he wants him fully healthy before practicing.  If there is any  setback where he can’t come back after that 21 days that could keep them out for the year. You don’t want him to have a setback and have to activate him injured and cut a healthy player.   So you want to make sure there is no setback when he does return. Reich also said it doesn’t push anything back for the jags game. If he practices next week we will see how that goes and if he plays. If he doesn’t practice that means he isn’t ready. He could also be running routes and stuff on his own time.