Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami predictions


Stephen

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Raiders are better the the jags. Jags also lost a WR. I don’t know for how long though. I thought I remember seeing it was a season ending injury.

I think they are close.  Having Foles back will also help the Jags.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Bold Prediction of the week - Colts will have 2 RB’s go over 100 yards from scrimmage. 

That actually isn’t to bold. Hines will take Campbell’s spot and probably get more snaps. Mack will probably have a day too. What could hurt Hines is if hoyer plays. He might not use him as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We should win this in a blowout  =   Don't realize individual matchups dictate the game

Colts play to the level of opponent = Don't realize individual matchups dictate the game

Colts didn't show up for that game = Don't realize individual matchups dictate the game

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Colts play to the level of their competition. colts win 13-10

Sad... but true

 

The Colts team that played Sunday....With all the mistakes..... COULD actually lose to the Dolphins

 

I say Colts 20-18..... sorry updated Colts 19-18.... Vinnie will miss ANOTHER EXP

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Their defense is so bad the only way we lose is if we keep turning over the ball. Our defense would have to do a complete turnaround and be very bad after three weeks of great play. The only way it’s close is a bunch of mental mistakes.  If the Steelers scored 27 on them we should be able to score 35.  This could actually be a game that Jacoby plays but ends up not finishing if we do what we need to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Raiders are better the the jags. Jags also lost a WR. I don’t know for how long though. I thought I remember seeing it was a season ending injury.

Not really. Pretty even and similar results vs the same foe. You out to look at their schedules and compare. While doing that, keep in mind that the Jags have been playing the entire time with a true rookie QB. GM has done well all things considering, but Foles should be a bit of an upgrade however you look at it. Also realize that the Jags had to give up a division home game to play Houston in the UK.

 

Then add in that they have two weeks to prepare for us, and we have zero real film on Foles playing for the Jags... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not really. Pretty even and similar results vs the same foe. You out to look at their schedules and compare. While doing that, keep in mind that the Jags have been playing the entire time with a true rookie QB. GM has done well all things considering, but Foles should be a bit of an upgrade however you look at it. Also realize that the Jags had to give up a division home game to play Houston in the UK.

 

Then add in that they have two weeks to prepare for us, and we have zero real film on Foles playing for the Jags... 

We have no film of foles with the jags but we do have Reich who knows everything about him. I do think the jags coach has them playing really hard every week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Their defense is so bad the only way we lose is if we keep turning over the ball. Our defense would have to do a complete turnaround and be very bad after three weeks of great play. The only way it’s close is a bunch of mental mistakes.  If the Steelers scored 27 on them we should be able to score 35.  This could actually be a game that Jacoby plays but ends up not finishing if we do what we need to do.

Their pass D isn't horrible. Similar to TN who JB only had 150ish yards against. They are better than ATL and Houston, and a lot better than the Raiders whom we've all played. Their rush D is horrible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We have no film of foles with the jags but we do have Reich who knows everything about him. I do think the jags coach has them playing really hard every week.

Foles under Marrone will be very different from the Eagles O when Reich was there. They'll be basically having to look at both Foles' time with the Eagles, and Minshew's tape for the Jags.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Their pass D isn't horrible. Similar to TN who JB only had 150ish yards against. They are better than ATL and Houston, and a lot better than the Raiders whom we've all played. Their rush D is horrible. 

Remember they lost Howard for the season during the Steelers game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EastStreet said:

Foles under Marrone will be very different from the Eagles O when Reich was there. They'll be basically having to look at both Foles' time with the Eagles, and Minshew's tape for the Jags.

What I meant was Reich probably knows what kinds of defensive looks give Foles the most trouble. What are his tendencies. I can imagine he will have some things for Eberflus that could help. It may or may not help. They will probably get Westbrook back which will help them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Remember they lost Howard for the season during the Steelers game.

Howard isn't a huge loss IMO. Had a great 2018, but he's the lowest ranked/rated of the DB rotation and was only 56.5 on PFF. Not saying it's not a loss, but he hasn't been near his 2018 level.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Howard isn't a huge loss IMO. Had a great 2018, but he's the lowest ranked/rated of the DB rotation and was only 56.5 on PFF. Not saying it's not a loss, but he hasn't been near his 2018 level.

 

 

Howard intercepted Luck twice  last year. Glad he isn't  out there

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Howard intercepted Luck twice  last year. Glad he isn't  out there

I'm glad he's not out there too, I just wouldn't assume it will be a major impact to Miami's passing D. They're mediocre, but not horrible. I have to imagine Indy will be run heavy given Miami's horrible run D, and in turn, have to assume Miami will sell out a lot vs the run and dare us to throw it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

That actually isn’t to bold. Hines will take Campbell’s spot and probably get more snaps. Mack will probably have a day too. What could hurt Hines is if hoyer plays. He might not use him as well.

What I was actually thinking was, Mack gets his yards early to build a big lead, and Wilkins gets his yards as we run out the clock in the 2nd half. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

   What I’d like to see is the Colts not beat themselves: Penalties, blown coverages, dropped passes, bad throws, bad technique, are what has made these games close.

     So, I’m hoping that’s what we see. Playing hard but smart. If they do that, the Colts can win by double digits.

      Colts 31

       Phins 10

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Their defense is so bad the only way we lose is if we keep turning over the ball. Our defense would have to do a complete turnaround and be very bad after three weeks of great play. The only way it’s close is a bunch of mental mistakes.  If the Steelers scored 27 on them we should be able to score 35.  This could actually be a game that Jacoby plays but ends up not finishing if we do what we need to do.

So you are counting on things that have yet to happen in the first 8 games?   Every game has been close, which means we could have lost (or won) any of them.   Also, the Colts highest score this season is 30.   

I would put my money on the Colts winning, but I'd still be worried about losing my money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Myles said:

So you are counting on things that have yet to happen in the first 8 games?   Every game has been close, which means we could have lost (or won) any of them.   Also, the Colts highest score this season is 30.   

I would put my money on the Colts winning, but I'd still be worried about losing my money.

I said things should go this way. I never said they will. I said our defense would have to do a complete turn around for us to lose.  What should happen is different then what will happen. Just like all the predictions of wins and losses the rest of the season. They are just guesses.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I admit, I just now got around to watching the Steelers/Colts highlights on YouTube. I was busy during the game and after I saw the reactions, wasn’t sure I could stomach it.


Now that I’ve seen them, I’m 99% sure we are going to win this one at home - even if JB and TY are out. Hoyer played well, Pascal has stepped up big time, and our defense is doing enough to win us games. Let’s hope special teams isn’t the final deciding factor in this one. :goodluck:

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

27-17 Colts if Brissett plays

20-17 Colts if Hoyer plays

 

It'll be pretty difficult to lose this one, we'll see Sunday.

27 to 17 Brissett.  24 to 20 dolphins  of hoyer plays as another pick 6 would  be the difference 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...