Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephen

Miami predictions

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I wouldn't put Minshew in that category yet. His losses so far have been to Houston, KC (a very healthy KC), at Carolina (close game, Minshew 350+) and vs NO (very close game). 

I haven't looked at it lately, but the Jags OL was rated bottom 5 or 10 to start the year, and their WR unit was pretty poor too (TE is worse). Not saying he's going to be pro bowler or anything, but he's playing a pretty bad hand, very well all things considered. Will be looking a lot closer at the Jags early next week.

I wouldn’t either but ML tends to produce system QBs 

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

LOL. What is going on.on.

Hey Zach....is your leg still attached? Yea?

Good you are not hurt get out there!

I thought I remember a time during or right after the Steelers game of seeing Zach limping. I think he might of been playing on it during the game. Guess we will find out what he hurt when the injury report comes out tomorrow.  

It’s crazy how the defense survived all the injuries now they are healthy and now it’s the offense. I think offensive injuries are harder to over come then the defensive injuries. Plus we have showed we are very deep in our secondary.  We still haven’t been able to get everyone healthy at once. Hopefully we can stay afloat in the division race to get everyone back.

18 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I wouldn’t either but ML tends to produce system QBs 

Yup, big time. But he gets a lot of low rated/ranked prospects and gets a lot out of them. 

Minshew was only an 80 / 3 star, but he had a pretty awesome SR year in HS. His whole history is pretty interesting, and he's not really a Leach guy. Was only there in 2018. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, big time. But he gets a lot of low rated/ranked prospects and gets a lot out of them. 

Minshew was only an 80 / 3 star, but he had a pretty awesome SR year in HS. His whole history is pretty interesting, and he's not really a Leach guy. Was only there in 2018. 

I was a big fan of Couch

The Air RAID QBs remind me a lot Of June Jones Hawaii QBs and the Run and Gun QBs of the 80s-Great College numbers but weak transitions to the NFL

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I'm assuming Hoyer plays....

Colts 42, Fins 16. 

Hoyer 300+ with 3 TDs

Mack 150 + 2 TDs

Hines 100 all purpose + TD

This is the optimism I needed today.

I hope we see the O-line ball out to shut us up. Colts win.

If hoyer plays it will be interesting if he gets Cain going. There will really be some talk if that happens. Although it’s still against Miami.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I was a big fan of Couch

The Air RAID QBs remind me a lot Of June Jones Hawaii QBs and the Run and Gun QBs of the 80s-Great College numbers but weak transitions to the NFL

Loved some of JJ's Os. I think he's one of the XFL coaches I think.

50 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

LOL. What is going on.

If Pascal cant play thats makes WR's #1- #4 not playing...

Hilton - Funchess - Campbell - Pascal

Crazy. 

11 minutes ago, CamMo said:

This is the optimism I needed today.

I hope we see the O-line ball out to shut us up. Colts win.

Miami is just plain bad. They are OK defending the pass, but really bad in every other phase of the game. Our OL is, and will be, just fine. 

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If hoyer plays it will be interesting if he gets Cain going. There will really be some talk if that happens. Although it’s still against Miami.

If Hoyer takes 1st team reps this week at practice, I would not be shocked at all to see Cain have a good day. Like JB said, Hoyer makes passes that JB wont. Hoyer doesn't have a cannon or anything, but reads the D well, progresses through his reads well, and will find the downfield guy if open. And Cain will be open down the field if they run him in non-possession type routes.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Loved some of JJ's Os. I think he's one of the XFL coaches I think.

He was in the CFL last year

Houston Franchise

Just now, EastStreet said:

Miami is just plain bad. They are OK defending the pass, but really bad in every other phase of the game. Our OL is, and will be, just fine. 

If Hoyer takes 1st team reps this week at practice, I would not be shocked at all to see Cain have a good day. Like JB said, Hoyer makes passes that JB wont. Hoyer doesn't have a cannon or anything, but reads the D well, progresses through his reads well, and will find the downfield guy if open. And Cain will be open down the field if they run him in non-possession type routes.

If that happens it actually might do JB good to sick back and be a observer. 

5 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

Crazy. 

I think he will play. Unless it is really serious he has to. Now how effective he is will be another story. I still think I remember him limping during the Steelers game. So I think he played on whatever it is. 

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If that happens it actually might do JB good to sick back and be a observer. 

JB just needs to get 100% for the final 7 game stretch. There's not a gimme game in the 7. And 4 of 7 are critical divisional games. The Miami game is the absolute most perfect and obvious team to rest a hobbled QB for.

20 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

Crazy. 

We should beat Miami easily with Hoyer throwing to 3X Chester Rogers... 

If Pascal were out, you'd see even more 2 TE sets and some faux 22 personnel groupings. Perhaps even 13 or 23. 

This might be one reason JB might play Sunday. Plus with no pass rush from Miami. Mack should have a big day.

Reich also said they will probably wait another week on bringing funchess back to practice. I wonder if that has to do with taking snaps away from guys who will play.

On 11/5/2019 at 9:26 AM, ManningGM said:

Colts win closely 24-17 to a sorry Dolphins team and my hopes for the future of the season are crushed.

Why would they be crushed? If that happened it doesn't tell me anything I don't know, which is that this team is a team that can beat anyone and lose to anyone

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We need to use Hines in this game just like we used Campbell last week.

Not a bad idea

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we get DF and TY back for the jags game that would be huge.

Funchess probably. I doubt TY comes back though

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we get DF and TY back for the jags game that would be huge.

Call me crazy 

But I am not concerned about Jax

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Call me crazy 

Okay Crazy. We haven't have an easy game against them since like 2014

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Call me crazy 

Crazy!

I am very worried about it.   With Foles back, he could be a spark for them.  Mostly I'm worried because of the Colts always playing close games.   Until they stop doing that, every game is scary.   

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Crazy!

I am very worried about it.   With Foles back, he could be a spark for them.  Mostly I'm worried because of the Colts always playing close games.   Until they stop doing that, every game is scary.   

Why worry about a game 2 weeks away

I have a very strong feelingthe coaches and players aren’t 

BTW

Worrying about things only creates negativity 

Reich also mentioned today they are leaving it up to TY when he comes back and plays. This calf injury must not of been very serious.

I personally think the game will be kinda close for a while with the Colts eventually making enough plays to comfortable pull away in the 4th. 

5 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

I personally think the game will be kinda close for a while with the Colts eventually making enough plays to comfortable pull away in the 4th. 

That is exactly how Miami has played this year. It’s like they play hard and they go Woops we need that 1st pick and tank lol. The one thing about them is they are just playing loose and having fun. That can be a dangerous combination Colts will have to watch for.

23 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Why worry about a game 2 weeks away

I have a very strong feelingthe coaches and players aren’t 

BTW

Worrying about things only creates negativity 

I'm not actively worrying, but I am not confident the Colts will win that game.   The Raiders game was the only game I was confident that the Colts would win.

22 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm not actively worrying, but I am not confident the Colts will win that game.   The Raiders game was the only game I was confident that the Colts would win.

Raiders are better the the jags. Jags also lost a WR. I don’t know for how long though. I thought I remember seeing it was a season ending injury.