Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami predictions


Stephen

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

They're playing at home(Colts) this should be a sure thing, I know, I know it's any given Sunday.  But heck, the Dolphins are talent less team now, after farming out some of their key players.  Colts by 10.  Colts 27 - Dolphins 17.

Idk. fitz is streaky. Hopefully  we get the bad fitz

Link to post
Share on other sites

EVERY game has ended within 7 points this year. 

 

Colts may lose another close one with the Dolphins feeling confident about their win last week. Fitz might have a field day with the Colts defense.

 

Colts may come out with something to prove. However they have played to every one of their opponents this year.

 

Dolphins 35

Colts 31

 

Colts lose

Vinny misses another FG or PAT

Everyone goes crazy.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I don’t know, with us missing nearly 35 percent of our starters on Offense including the QB, odds aren’t in our favor. This could be a toss up

Lots of starters out, and a lot of rookies and 2nd/3rd-year guys not playing up to the levels where they were drafted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

EVERY game has ended within 7 points this year. 

 

Colts may lose another close one with the Dolphins feeling confident about their win last week. Fitz might have a field day with the Colts defense.

 

Colts may come out with something to prove. However they have played to every one of their opponents this year.

 

Dolphins 35

Colts 31

 

Colts lose

Vinny misses another FG or PAT

Everyone goes crazy.

 

A loss would be disastrous that's all I know 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is definitely an important one.  Has the potential to be a real back breaker or a feel good "get right game".  I'm not confident given what I've seen the past couple weeks.  After 2 signature wins I'm shocked how little saying the Colts "should win" holds up after just a 2 weeks. 

 

They have to put it on the field.

 

The games we've dropped, with the possible exception of Oakland, have been self inflicted and all games have been decided by 1 score.

 

This one will show us pretty clearly where this young team is.  Win or lose (I'm not sure it ultimately matters)  this one feels like a "they are who we thought they were" kind of game.  Identity is on the line.

 

Are we the team that went toe to toe with 2 of the better teams in the conference or are we the guys that played themselves to 1-1 on the deteriorating leg of vinny against 2 of the more anemic offenses in the league?  Miami is just bad enough to provide us with a pretty clear answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dolphins are missing Preston Williams(their best offensive player) to ACL tear, and Mark Walton to a suspension. It will be funny to see a guy like Myles Gaskin( 7th round pick) try to run the football. Someone I don't think would make the roster of 20 NFL teams. Mike Gesiki and Davante Parker could really see some action today, but nothing too special. Flores will look to capitalize on Rock not playing well lately.

We have about 10 players who would be their best player

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaptainColt12 said:

The Dolphins are missing Preston Williams(their best offensive player) to ACL tear, and Mark Walton to a suspension. It will be funny to see a guy like Myles Gaskin( 7th round pick) try to run the football. Someone I don't think would make the roster of 20 NFL teams. Mike Gesiki and Davante Parker could really see some action today, but nothing too special. Flores will look to capitalize on Rock not playing well lately.

We have about 10 players who would be their best player

      Didn't mean to end it right there. Their D line is headed by some guy named Sam

(I think) Christian Wilkins and John Jenkins , guys that not many people can even name other than the 13th overall pick. The only competent player in their secondary is Xavien Howard but even he is very inconsistent and loses matchups all the time. This is truly one of the worst teams I've ever seen on paper in NFL history, This game looks like an obvious blow out considering the lack of talent on the dolphins, but I don't think it will considering our recent history. 

 

22-17 Colts 

Hoyer 190 yards 1 TD 2 INT

Mack 160 yards 2 TD

Fitzpatrick 220 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

The Dolphins are missing Preston Williams(their best offensive player) to ACL tear, and Mark Walton to a suspension. It will be funny to see a guy like Myles Gaskin( 7th round pick) try to run the football. Someone I don't think would make the roster of 20 NFL teams. Mike Gesiki and Davante Parker could really see some action today, but nothing too special. Flores will look to capitalize on Rock not playing well lately.

We have about 10 players who would be their best player

 

Myles Gaskin just has to catch checkdowns and Eberflus would allow it, hands down. 

 

I have the same feeling most here have, that we win a close game vs the Dolphins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This should be a blow out. Dolphins can’t stop the run and they are not a good offensive team. They lost their WR to a injury and RB to a suspension. Unless the colts defense just flat craps the bed this should be a easy game. Mack should have a field day.  So unless we do like we did against Pitt this shouldn’t even be a game. It would be funny if hoyer starts and they call up Kelly and Kelly actually gets playing time because it turns into a blow out.

4 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

      Didn't mean to end it right there. Their D line is headed by some guy named Sam

(I think) Christian Wilkins and John Jenkins , guys that not many people can even name other than the 13th overall pick. The only competent player in their secondary is Xavien Howard but even he is very inconsistent and loses matchups all the time. This is truly one of the worst teams I've ever seen on paper in NFL history, This game looks like an obvious blow out considering the lack of talent on the dolphins, but I don't think it will considering our recent history. 

 

22-17 Colts 

Hoyer 190 yards 1 TD 2 INT

Mack 160 yards 2 TD

Fitzpatrick 220 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Howard got hurt during the Steelers game. He won’t play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaptainColt12 said:

The Dolphins are missing Preston Williams(their best offensive player) to ACL tear, and Mark Walton to a suspension. It will be funny to see a guy like Myles Gaskin( 7th round pick) try to run the football. Someone I don't think would make the roster of 20 NFL teams. Mike Gesiki and Davante Parker could really see some action today, but nothing too special. Flores will look to capitalize on Rock not playing well lately.

We have about 10 players who would be their best player

You can't ever dismiss a RB no matter where they are drafted.   Gaskin has size and is extremely fast.  Maybe we shut him down, but maybe he gashes the Colts defense.  

He also has a good name :thmup:

 

Gaskin's tough running and track speed (he won a Washington high school state title in the 100 meters) have made him an ultra-productive player for the Huskies. The former two-time All-State running back garnered honors in his first year on campus, including Freshman All-American and honorable mention All-Pac-12 notice, as well as being named the team's Most Outstanding Offensive Player. In 13 games (six starts), Gaskin ran 227 times for 1,302 yards (5.7 average) and 14 touchdowns. He was a first-team all-conference selection in 2016 (237-1,373-5.8, 10 TD rushing; 19-137-7.2, one TD receiving) and second-team selection as a junior (222-1,380-6.2, 21 TD rushing; 19-232-12.2, three TD receiving.) The workhorse set school career records with 41 rushing touchdowns and 45 total scores in 2017, and was the team's Most Outstanding Offensive Player again. In 2018, Gaskin became UW's career rushing leader (third in conference history) and the first Pac-12 back to rush for more than 1,000 yards in four straight years, garnering second-team All-Pac 12 accolades by rushing for 1,268 yards and 12 touchdowns on 259 totes (4.9 average). He also caught 21 passes for 77 yards (3.7 average) and a score and returned four kickoffs for 74 yards (18.5 average).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

This should be a blow out. Dolphins can’t stop the run and they are not a good offensive team. They lost their WR to a injury and RB to a suspension. Unless the colts defense just flat craps the bed this should be a easy game. Mack should have a field day.  So unless we do like we did against Pitt this shouldn’t even be a game. It would be funny if hoyer starts and they call up Kelly and Kelly actually gets playing time because it turns into a blow out.

 

Don't you get weary of being so confident that the Colts will play so well?

 

Nothing the Colts have done this season leans towards this being an easy blowout.  They should win, but they may also lose this game.  Close games can turn out going either way.  Turnovers can help a bad team beat a good team.  

I suppose I have to make a prediction:

Colts 23

Dolphins 20

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Myles said:

Don't you get weary of being so confident that the Colts will play so well?

 

Nothing the Colts have done this season leans towards this being an easy blowout.  They should win, but they may also lose this game.  Close games can turn out going either way.  Turnovers can help a bad team beat a good team.  

I suppose I have to make a prediction:

Colts 23

Dolphins 20

 

Notice I said should be a blowout not that it will. Offensive injuries might even out the playing field some.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

They're playing at home(Colts) this should be a sure thing, I know, I know it's any given Sunday.  But heck, the Dolphins are talent less team now, after farming out some of their key players.  Colts by 10.  Colts 27 - Dolphins 17.

If we don't beat these guys that would be by a wide margin the most embarrassing loss of the season to date.Last week other than some of the mistakes we made was a screw job.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm expecting a close game until we prove otherwise. The kicking game will once again be very crucial. It seems like Vinny's been (slightly) better at Lucas Oil than on the road, at least I think so without looking at the numbers. This could very well end up being decided by FG's and PAT's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

 

No chance that happens. Not with how our OL has been playing lately. 

nah... Dolphins DL isn't near Pitt or Denver. No one near a Watt, Heyward, or Miller. They're 3rd to last in sacks, and bottom 5 in rush D.

 

All this talk about our OL being bad is pretty silly. They may not be the #1 OL, but they are easily top 5ish and just went against two teams with good DL/D coaching, and some elite play makers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just sticking this here. Didn’t realize jags have a bye week before our game with them.

 

 

That definitely hurts.   It's usually not good playing a team coming off their bye.

 

Minshew did a nice job in relief of Foles.   Over 60% completion, 13/4 TD/INT.  254 yards a game.  For a rookie taken in the 6th round who got thrust into the starter spot, that is pretty good.    The Jags signed Foles to a big contract (Nick Foles signed a 4 year, $88,000,000 contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, including a $25,000,000 signing bonus, $50,125,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $22,000,000. In 2019, Foles will earn a base salary of $5,000,000, a signing bonus of $25,000,000, a roster bonus of $500,000 and a workout bonus of $250,000, while carrying a cap hit of $12,000,000 and a dead cap value of $45,375,000).

 

 

image.png.e05c552c0a9cf4c090e041a74c640c2e.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Myles said:

That definitely hurts.   It's usually not good playing a team coming off their bye.

 

Minshew did a nice job in relief of Foles.   Over 60% completion, 13/4 TD/INT.  254 yards a game.  For a rookie taken in the 6th round who got thrust into the starter spot, that is pretty good.    The Jags signed Foles to a big contract (Nick Foles signed a 4 year, $88,000,000 contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, including a $25,000,000 signing bonus, $50,125,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $22,000,000. In 2019, Foles will earn a base salary of $5,000,000, a signing bonus of $25,000,000, a roster bonus of $500,000 and a workout bonus of $250,000, while carrying a cap hit of $12,000,000 and a dead cap value of $45,375,000).

 

 

image.png.e05c552c0a9cf4c090e041a74c640c2e.png

Mike Leach QBs do not age well in the NFL

    Tim Couch 
    Luke Falk

  and GM

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Mike Leach QBs do not age well in the NFL

    Tim Couch 
    Luke Falk

  and GM

 

I wouldn't put Minshew in that category yet. His losses so far have been to Houston, KC (a very healthy KC), at Carolina (close game, Minshew 350+) and vs NO (very close game). 

 

I haven't looked at it lately, but the Jags OL was rated bottom 5 or 10 to start the year, and their WR unit was pretty poor too (TE is worse). Not saying he's going to be pro bowler or anything, but he's playing a pretty bad hand, very well all things considered. Will be looking a lot closer at the Jags early next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • They have contributed as much their rookie year as the entire group maybe by end of the season, but I doubt there's even a tiny chance of 2 all pros. Even 1 is a major stretch.  I am not sure we have any all pro's on the team since the most deserving one is Buckner (who I count as our first round pick in every way) has impact but no stats to wow anyone not intimately aware of his impact. If he misses this game we may painfully see how valuable.  But their collective impact has certainly added up. 4 starters and 2 solid special teamers in a so far playoff level team is quite a haul for any draft pick class in history.  It is at least adjacent to 2018, unless you don't count Buckner in any way.
    • Nothing against you and I like you as a poster but counting Ballard's 2017 season is a stretch. I realize he was the GM that year (1st year) but he didn't have the Coach he wanted and Luck was out for the year. We went 4-12 that year so his record is a bit skewed because of that. Others have posted the same thing about Ballard's record so you are not the only one and I just don't see how anyone can count that season legitimately. I pretty much go by 2018-this year when he hired Frank and his record would be 25-19 counting the playoffs. Is he the best GM in the league, probably not but he is good. He is responsible for drafting Nelson, Leonard, Mack, signing Houston, signing Rivers and trading for Buckner = great work there. Luck just retiring on the team and McDaniels dissing him even made his job that much harder. 
    • I am late to the party but it doesn't matter because I would've been 1-1 anyway. I had the Lions and Washington so it offsets     Here are my Sunday picks/Monday pick: Ravens 17 Steelers 24 Chargers 19 Bills 27 Titans 27 Colts 30 Panthers 20 Vikings 21 Browns 27 Jags 17 Giants 24 Bengals 10 Cards 27 Pats 23 Dolphins 99 Jets 0 (Fluke's original quote) Saints 24 Broncos 13 49ers 17 Rams 30 Chiefs 34 Bucs 24 Bears 17 Packers 27 Seahawks 31 Eagles 17
    • Yes, love the limited stuff from Harris. I really want to see more routes from him, but overall, love what he's doing. I'd love for him to be a long term answer at slot if Campbell moves to Z.    I'm up in the air on specs. I need to see him hit some long ones, as well as some additional clutch kicks. Glasgow, like I said, I just don't expect much from. Doubt he's ever a contributor on D, but if he kills it on ST, I'm happy.    A buddy of mine (a Ball State grad/fan), thinks Pinter develops into a RT, and the Colts will eventually move Smith over to LT (when AC retires), and let Pinter take RT. I don't know about all that, but I do agree Pinter might develop into more than we think.    I think Pittman will develop into a long term and consistent WR for us. I know he's just starting to emerge, but he just has the look. Good/willing blocker, good hands, etc.. He might not be the 50/50 guy I want, but I also think he might be better at in-stride catching than I thought.    JT, I think he'll be fine once he gets acclimated and use to the run blocking scheme. I don't want to diminish his talent, but most RBs should be able to be successful behind our OL, and he's better than most.    Blackmon is the most interesting to me. He's always been a hammer which I love. He's struggled though in coverage in college, and as we saw, got burnt deep a few games ago. Not sure if he's too aggressive forward, or just struggles with coverage and range. I hope it's just aggressiveness. It definitely helped him when they moved him from CB to S in college, but at the same time, Utah ran a ton of man, which we do not. Love most of what I've seen thus far. I just hope it's not a case where teams get film on him, and start testing him deep a lot. We've been fortunate to play some bad Os early that simply don't go deep a bunch. Will be interesting to follow.
    • It's Rivers he will play, the dude is made of steel  . He played with a torn ACL.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...