Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami predictions

Stephen

5 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

They're playing at home(Colts) this should be a sure thing, I know, I know it's any given Sunday.  But heck, the Dolphins are talent less team now, after farming out some of their key players.  Colts by 10.  Colts 27 - Dolphins 17.

Idk. fitz is streaky. Hopefully  we get the bad fitz

• Like 1

EVERY game has ended within 7 points this year. 

Colts may lose another close one with the Dolphins feeling confident about their win last week. Fitz might have a field day with the Colts defense.

Colts may come out with something to prove. However they have played to every one of their opponents this year.

Dolphins 35

Colts 31

Colts lose

Vinny misses another FG or PAT

Everyone goes crazy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I don’t know, with us missing nearly 35 percent of our starters on Offense including the QB, odds aren’t in our favor. This could be a toss up

Lots of starters out, and a lot of rookies and 2nd/3rd-year guys not playing up to the levels where they were drafted. 

3 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

EVERY game has ended within 7 points this year. 

Colts may lose another close one with the Dolphins feeling confident about their win last week. Fitz might have a field day with the Colts defense.

Colts may come out with something to prove. However they have played to every one of their opponents this year.

Dolphins 35

Colts 31

Colts lose

Vinny misses another FG or PAT

Everyone goes crazy.

A loss would be disastrous that's all I know 

• Like 1

This game is definitely an important one.  Has the potential to be a real back breaker or a feel good "get right game".  I'm not confident given what I've seen the past couple weeks.  After 2 signature wins I'm shocked how little saying the Colts "should win" holds up after just a 2 weeks. 

They have to put it on the field.

The games we've dropped, with the possible exception of Oakland, have been self inflicted and all games have been decided by 1 score.

This one will show us pretty clearly where this young team is.  Win or lose (I'm not sure it ultimately matters)  this one feels like a "they are who we thought they were" kind of game.  Identity is on the line.

Are we the team that went toe to toe with 2 of the better teams in the conference or are we the guys that played themselves to 1-1 on the deteriorating leg of vinny against 2 of the more anemic offenses in the league?  Miami is just bad enough to provide us with a pretty clear answer.

• Like 2

The Dolphins are missing Preston Williams(their best offensive player) to ACL tear, and Mark Walton to a suspension. It will be funny to see a guy like Myles Gaskin( 7th round pick) try to run the football. Someone I don't think would make the roster of 20 NFL teams. Mike Gesiki and Davante Parker could really see some action today, but nothing too special. Flores will look to capitalize on Rock not playing well lately.

We have about 10 players who would be their best player

Just now, CaptainColt12 said:

The Dolphins are missing Preston Williams(their best offensive player) to ACL tear, and Mark Walton to a suspension. It will be funny to see a guy like Myles Gaskin( 7th round pick) try to run the football. Someone I don't think would make the roster of 20 NFL teams. Mike Gesiki and Davante Parker could really see some action today, but nothing too special. Flores will look to capitalize on Rock not playing well lately.

Didn't mean to end it right there. Their D line is headed by some guy named Sam

(I think) Christian Wilkins and John Jenkins , guys that not many people can even name other than the 13th overall pick. The only competent player in their secondary is Xavien Howard but even he is very inconsistent and loses matchups all the time. This is truly one of the worst teams I've ever seen on paper in NFL history, This game looks like an obvious blow out considering the lack of talent on the dolphins, but I don't think it will considering our recent history. 

22-17 Colts 

Hoyer 190 yards 1 TD 2 INT

Mack 160 yards 2 TD

Fitzpatrick 220 yards 1 TD 1 INT

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Myles Gaskin just has to catch checkdowns and Eberflus would allow it, hands down. 

I have the same feeling most here have, that we win a close game vs the Dolphins. 

This should be a blow out. Dolphins can’t stop the run and they are not a good offensive team. They lost their WR to a injury and RB to a suspension. Unless the colts defense just flat craps the bed this should be a easy game. Mack should have a field day.  So unless we do like we did against Pitt this shouldn’t even be a game. It would be funny if hoyer starts and they call up Kelly and Kelly actually gets playing time because it turns into a blow out.

4 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Didn't mean to end it right there. Their D line is headed by some guy named Sam

(I think) Christian Wilkins and John Jenkins , guys that not many people can even name other than the 13th overall pick. The only competent player in their secondary is Xavien Howard but even he is very inconsistent and loses matchups all the time. This is truly one of the worst teams I've ever seen on paper in NFL history, This game looks like an obvious blow out considering the lack of talent on the dolphins, but I don't think it will considering our recent history. 

22-17 Colts 

Hoyer 190 yards 1 TD 2 INT

Mack 160 yards 2 TD

Fitzpatrick 220 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Howard got hurt during the Steelers game. He won’t play.

1 hour ago, CaptainColt12 said:

You can't ever dismiss a RB no matter where they are drafted.   Gaskin has size and is extremely fast.  Maybe we shut him down, but maybe he gashes the Colts defense.  

He also has a good name :thmup:

Gaskin's tough running and track speed (he won a Washington high school state title in the 100 meters) have made him an ultra-productive player for the Huskies. The former two-time All-State running back garnered honors in his first year on campus, including Freshman All-American and honorable mention All-Pac-12 notice, as well as being named the team's Most Outstanding Offensive Player. In 13 games (six starts), Gaskin ran 227 times for 1,302 yards (5.7 average) and 14 touchdowns. He was a first-team all-conference selection in 2016 (237-1,373-5.8, 10 TD rushing; 19-137-7.2, one TD receiving) and second-team selection as a junior (222-1,380-6.2, 21 TD rushing; 19-232-12.2, three TD receiving.) The workhorse set school career records with 41 rushing touchdowns and 45 total scores in 2017, and was the team's Most Outstanding Offensive Player again. In 2018, Gaskin became UW's career rushing leader (third in conference history) and the first Pac-12 back to rush for more than 1,000 yards in four straight years, garnering second-team All-Pac 12 accolades by rushing for 1,268 yards and 12 touchdowns on 259 totes (4.9 average). He also caught 21 passes for 77 yards (3.7 average) and a score and returned four kickoffs for 74 yards (18.5 average).

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

This should be a blow out. Dolphins can’t stop the run and they are not a good offensive team. They lost their WR to a injury and RB to a suspension. Unless the colts defense just flat craps the bed this should be a easy game. Mack should have a field day.  So unless we do like we did against Pitt this shouldn’t even be a game. It would be funny if hoyer starts and they call up Kelly and Kelly actually gets playing time because it turns into a blow out.

Don't you get weary of being so confident that the Colts will play so well?

Nothing the Colts have done this season leans towards this being an easy blowout.  They should win, but they may also lose this game.  Close games can turn out going either way.  Turnovers can help a bad team beat a good team.  

I suppose I have to make a prediction:

Colts 23

Dolphins 20

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

Don't you get weary of being so confident that the Colts will play so well?

Nothing the Colts have done this season leans towards this being an easy blowout.  They should win, but they may also lose this game.  Close games can turn out going either way.  Turnovers can help a bad team beat a good team.  

I suppose I have to make a prediction:

Colts 23

Dolphins 20

Notice I said should be a blowout not that it will. Offensive injuries might even out the playing field some.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

They're playing at home(Colts) this should be a sure thing, I know, I know it's any given Sunday.  But heck, the Dolphins are talent less team now, after farming out some of their key players.  Colts by 10.  Colts 27 - Dolphins 17.

If we don't beat these guys that would be by a wide margin the most embarrassing loss of the season to date.Last week other than some of the mistakes we made was a screw job.

I'm expecting a close game until we prove otherwise. The kicking game will once again be very crucial. It seems like Vinny's been (slightly) better at Lucas Oil than on the road, at least I think so without looking at the numbers. This could very well end up being decided by FG's and PAT's.

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

No chance that happens. Not with how our OL has been playing lately. 

nah... Dolphins DL isn't near Pitt or Denver. No one near a Watt, Heyward, or Miller. They're 3rd to last in sacks, and bottom 5 in rush D.

All this talk about our OL being bad is pretty silly. They may not be the #1 OL, but they are easily top 5ish and just went against two teams with good DL/D coaching, and some elite play makers. 

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just sticking this here. Didn’t realize jags have a bye week before our game with them.

That definitely hurts.   It's usually not good playing a team coming off their bye.

Minshew did a nice job in relief of Foles.   Over 60% completion, 13/4 TD/INT.  254 yards a game.  For a rookie taken in the 6th round who got thrust into the starter spot, that is pretty good.    The Jags signed Foles to a big contract (Nick Foles signed a 4 year, $88,000,000 contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, including a $25,000,000 signing bonus, $50,125,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $22,000,000. In 2019, Foles will earn a base salary of $5,000,000, a signing bonus of $25,000,000, a roster bonus of $500,000 and a workout bonus of $250,000, while carrying a cap hit of $12,000,000 and a dead cap value of $45,375,000).

image.png.e05c552c0a9cf4c090e041a74c640c2e.png

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

That definitely hurts.   It's usually not good playing a team coming off their bye.

Minshew did a nice job in relief of Foles.   Over 60% completion, 13/4 TD/INT.  254 yards a game.  For a rookie taken in the 6th round who got thrust into the starter spot, that is pretty good.    The Jags signed Foles to a big contract (Nick Foles signed a 4 year, $88,000,000 contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, including a $25,000,000 signing bonus, $50,125,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $22,000,000. In 2019, Foles will earn a base salary of $5,000,000, a signing bonus of $25,000,000, a roster bonus of $500,000 and a workout bonus of $250,000, while carrying a cap hit of $12,000,000 and a dead cap value of $45,375,000).

image.png.e05c552c0a9cf4c090e041a74c640c2e.png

Mike Leach QBs do not age well in the NFL

Tim Couch 
    Luke Falk

and GM

13 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Mike Leach QBs do not age well in the NFL

Tim Couch 
    Luke Falk

and GM

I wouldn't put Minshew in that category yet. His losses so far have been to Houston, KC (a very healthy KC), at Carolina (close game, Minshew 350+) and vs NO (very close game). 

I haven't looked at it lately, but the Jags OL was rated bottom 5 or 10 to start the year, and their WR unit was pretty poor too (TE is worse). Not saying he's going to be pro bowler or anything, but he's playing a pretty bad hand, very well all things considered. Will be looking a lot closer at the Jags early next week.

• Like 1