Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Relax/Breathe/Optimism

John Hammonds

Just take a deep breath for a minute.

We lost a close game on the road to a team with just as many flaws and just as many strengths as we have.

We could have won.  We didn't.

We're still 5-3, with two home games before facing the Texans for all the AFC South marbles.

Don't panic.

You are never as good as, nor as bad as, your last game.

• Like 8

It’s the typical over reaction to a loss.  There were a lot of positives.  We pretty much were unstoppable without TY. Campbell finally was used correctly and looked great. Pascal can handle the number one duties.

The thing everyone should take from this game is we didn’t lose because our offense or defense was bad. We lost because of stupid mistakes. They were gifted like 13 pts. You can clean up mental errors. It’s hard to get better if the talent is not there. This was our most balanced game with the pass and run.  We had both working.

we went 3-1 the second quarter. 

Lets hope JB injury is short term and Campbell is not seriously injured and Kelly is back next week.

• Like 1

This game hurt,  but its pretty amazing we were in position to win it considering what happened. 

Kelly Out

Brisset out

TY out 

Hoyer pick 6

Vinny....ugh, man I love the guy but he cost us this game. He hits the extra point and were not going for two. Then we dont need a 45 yarder at the end to stay in it. Just so harsh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

This game hurt,  but its pretty amazing we were in position to win it considering what happened. 

Kelly Out

Brisset out

TY out 

Hoyer pick 6

Vinny....ugh, man I love the guy but he cost us this game. He hits the extra point and were not going for two. Then we dont need a 45 yarder at the end to stay in it. Just so harsh

I think what makes it worse is our offense and defense played well. You just can not gift the Steelers 13 pts. The Steelers offense and defense did not look good. You can deal if there just isn’t enough talent but we were better then then on both sides of the ball.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I think what makes it worse is our offense and defense played well. You just can not gift the Steelers 13 pts. The Steelers offense and defense did not look good. You can deal if there just isn’t enough talent but we were better then then on both sides of the ball.

The Steelers had no business winning

• Like 1

The biggest things right now are see how bad Kelly and Jacoby are hurt which the team should know tomorrow.

From there they need to look at the o-line and see what’s going on.  I think some of it was Kelly being out.  Part of it is teams stacking the box and blitzing on every down.  Some of it is guys just not playing well right now.

We have marveled at how good Reich is for a year and half with good reason well now he has to adjust again because teams are figuring out what they do on offense.  

On defense the stupid penalties have to stop.  The Colts gifted the Steelers 3 points right before halftime and lost by 2.  That wasn’t the only thing that went wrong but that’s how costly that was.

Guys also have to protect the ball better.  They had three turnovers today and two more fumbles they didn’t lose.  That’s not protecting the ball.  

The defense needs to get better at getting off the field on third down.  

The good news is that most of these things are correctable.  As Dungy would say this is one of those times you come back and do less and refocus.  

There were pluses today as well.  The defense played pretty well outside of a couple of drives including coming up with a couple of turnovers.  Also Pascal keeps playing well.  Also Hoyer did well for coming off the bench and being down the top two WRs and starting center.  With that said I hope we don’t see him anymore.

Yeah, I feel the "don't panic" message. However, I also don't think the way we've been winning games is really all that sustainable. Especially since we haven't seen our OL be as dominant for a few weeks. And now, coupled with injuries to TY and Brissett...

With our point differential your more likely to have a .500 team than anything. Which hey, that isn't awful, but I think each game is gonna be a fight and could really go either way.

• Like 2

we almost overcame what seemed to be complete home team favoritism by the refs, our starting center and qb going out, a pick 6, i think 6 drops, 5 or 6 sacks,  i think 3 or 4 total turnovers.

After all that it still took our hall of fame kicker to leave yet again, just enough points on the field for a loss.

We are a good team relax.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I just don't think the way we've been winning games is really all that sustainable.

ive been saying the same thing, you rack up wins in the league by having a good passing game.  we cant expect mack to get 150 yards very often 

glad we beat denver, but their coaches really blew it too, they should be embarrassed 

11 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

we almost overcame what seemed to be complete home team favoritism by the refs, our starting center and qb going out, a pick 6, i think 6 drops, 5 or 6 sacks,  i think 3 or 4 total turnovers.

After all that it still took our hall of fame kicker to leave yet again, just enough points on the field for a loss.

We are a good team relax.

Good teams don't do all of those things

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

ive been saying the same thing, you rack up wins in the league by having a good passing game.  we cant expect mack to get 150 yards very often 

glad we beat denver, but their coaches really blew it too, they should be embarrassed 

This game had nothing to do with the passing game being bad. This was actually our most balanced game between the run and pass we have had all season. You can’t gift the Steelers 13 pts. 

22 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, I feel the "don't panic" message. However, I also don't think the way we've been winning games is really all that sustainable. Especially since we haven't seen our OL be as dominant for a few weeks. And now, coupled with injuries to TY and Brissett...

With our point differential your more likely to have a .500 team than anything. Which hey, that isn't awful, but I think each game is gonna be a fight and could really go either way.

What’s really makes me sick about this gane is we had the pass and run going. OUt most balanced attack all season. Then they screw up with the turnovers.  Can we at least have one error free game and the balanced attack.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Look turnovers killed this game. Plus bad penalty at end of half. It wasn’t because our offense couldn’t do anything. We were actually dominating them.

i was referring to the previous games when i said i didnt think that was going to be sustainable.  

we all know penalties and turnovers killed them in this game

No WR1, no CB1, lost our QB early, and we were still an Adam v missed FG away from winning. This happens to any other team and they get blown out. Hopefully Brissett isn't out for a long time, but we're still in good shape

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think what was really encouraging is we actually dominated the Steelers defense. We killed ourselves.

Yup. :(

Score should’ve been 33-13 Colts.

Missed XP, + 1 Colts

Stupid penalty as 1st half expired, - 3 Pit

Bad pick 6 interception, -7 Pit, +3 to 7 Colts

Fumble KO after safety, -3 Pit

Horrible bad hold/bad kick missed FG, +3 Colts

So that’s 13 points the Steelers should not have had, and 7 to 11 points less for the Colts than they should have had.  Ergo, despite the loss of Brissett, the Colts still should’ve won handedly.  Very depressing outcome for a game that was so right there to win.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, CR91 said:

No WR1, no CB1, lost our QB early, and we were still an Adam v missed FG away from winning. This happens to any other team and they get blown out. Hopefully Brissett isn't out for a long time, but we're still in good shape

Also the Kelly.   The guy that calls the protection

7 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

WOW we must not have been watching the same game????????????

Im guessing you didn't watch the game

• Like 2

All Colts fans. Take several deep breaths. We lost  to a always good, always tricky for us Steelers team. Think about this. 

Missed XP
FG
Pick 6
No Brissett
No Hilton

Kelly
Muffed return after safety
2 questionable Personal Fouls

But... if u told me Luck retires, AV can’t hit the broad side of a barn and we are 5-3.

TAKE IT AND BREATH. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

All Colts fans. Take several deep breaths. We lost  to a always good, always tricky for us Steelers team. Think about this. 

Missed XP
FG
Pick 6
No Brissett
No Hilton

Kelly
Muffed return after safety
2 questionable Personal Fouls

But... if u told me Luck retires, AV can’t hit the broad side of a barn and we are 5-3.

TAKE IT AND BREATH. 

Most people had us at 4-4 at this point WITH a HEALTHY Luck

Just now, CanuckColtsFan said:

Still stings though.  Beat Houston and we're  in good shape though.

It was likely to come down to that regardless