Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoColts8818

Jacoby health update

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Brissett is an average plus backup...Hoyer is an average plus backup.

The team should play the same with either QB in there.

 

 The QB of the future is not currently on the roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO we would've won had JB not got injured. Our offense doesn't commit penalties when he is in there and he rarely turns it over. Hey I like Hoyer but he isn't JB nor is he Kelly. Just like JB isn't Luck at least I can admit who is better than who lmao 

Curios how Hoyer causes offense to get penalize but JB prevents them. Sounds like a new type of quality JB must have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets say JB is out for the season, I would rather see Kelly than Hoyer because we know Hoyer isn't the longtime answer. I give Kelly hell because I just don't think he can be as good as JB but he is young so who knows. Kelly may shock me because IMO I don't see him being the answer either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

So when JB7 is ready, you want him as QB2 and Hoyer stays QB1?  Or you want CK as QB1, Hoyer QB2, and JB7 waived?  Trying to get a feel for what Nickster wants.

 

Because we already know what Reich, Sirianni, and Brady has wanted...


I have no opinion of Kelly.

 

ive seen enough of JB to think we’d need to look elsewhere.  I’d like to see what Hoyerable can do for a few games yes.  I still think the O is good and the QB play we were getting made everything more difficult.

 

only difference in the two games was better offense and a missed kick.  The pick6 sucked but that is not usually the type of play that ends up a TD.  Seem pass to the 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hoosierhawk said:

Curios how Hoyer causes offense to get penalize but JB prevents them. Sounds like a new type of quality JB must have?

It's the way a QB runs an offense. The way a QB calls audibles. The Line just blocks better and plays better when they have a guy they trust in there. Just like Denver did with Peyton and didn't with Brock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's the way a QB runs an offense. The way a QB calls audibles. The Line just blocks better and plays better when they have a guy they trust in there. Just like Denver did with Peyton and didn't with Brock. 

Come on man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nickster said:

Come on man.

Do you guys actually watch football, I wonder sometimes. It makes a huge difference who is in at QB if that is what the team is used too. Reaction to plays, etc.. I seen 2 Illegal shifts called on us when Hoyer was in, we had 0 penalty's when JB was in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Do you guys actually watch football, I wonder sometimes. It makes a huge difference who is in at QB if that is what the team is used too. Reaction to plays, etc.. I seen 2 Illegal shifts called on us when Hoyer was in, we had 0 penalty's when JB was in the game.


yes I watch football.  2 illegal shifts because JB out.  Ok man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

crazy GIF, ok JB sucks in your opinion, time to move on lmao . All good. 


are you one of the AV apologists?  Cause  I feel like Homer there when thinking why we have a struggling grandfatherly man taking our kicks.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Do you guys actually watch football, I wonder sometimes. It makes a huge difference who is in at QB if that is what the team is used too. Reaction to plays, etc.. I seen 2 Illegal shifts called on us when Hoyer was in, we had 0 penalty's when JB was in the game.

Yes I watch football but never heard that a veteran QB like Hoyer causes more penalties. We had 10 penalties last week and 7 penalties this week several who some colt fans vehemently disagreed with. sure you have good reason for that however but thought I would throw it out anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Yes I watch football but never heard that a veteran QB like Hoyer causes more penalties. We had 10 penalties last week and 7 penalties this week several who some colt fans vehemently disagreed with. sure you have good reason for that however but thought I would throw it out anyway.

Let me ask you and @Nickster a question, do you think we win if JB plays all game? Why I am even asking this is dumb because I already know you guys will say no. I think we find a way to win though, if he doesn't get injured. I don't think it comes down to a last second FG is why. I think we are up 17-3 if not 13-3 at worse if JB doesn't leave the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nickster said:


are you one of the AV apologists?  Cause  I feel like Homer there when thinking why we have a struggling grandfatherly man taking our kicks.

 

 

I am just enjoying his last season here. He needs to retire after this season. He won it for us last week, then this week = Frustrated Head GIF by swerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Let me ask you and @Nickster a question, do you think we win if JB plays all game? Why I am even asking this is dumb because I already know you guys will say no. I think we find a way to win though, if he doesn't get injured. I don't think it comes down to a last second FG is why. I think we are up 17-3 if not 13-3 at worse if JB doesn't leave the game.

I guess I don't watch enough football to know who would win if JB was not hurt. I will say I do not think Hoyer cost us the game. I thought he played very well. Yes, the pick 6 hurt but he did throw 3 tds to 3 different guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

 

Personally I'd wave Deon Cain, but I'm beginning to wonder if Cain has incriminating photos of Ballard and a pumpkin filled with chocolate pudding or something, because he keeps failing to get the job done and keeps not getting cut for it.

Uh.... He's played what, 8 games in his career?  He's been a non factor, sure... But he's not getting cut half a season In.  Jacoby hasn't exactly showered targets Cain's way either.... According to player profiler,  Cain has only been targeted 12 times.... Or 2.4 percent of the snaps he plays.  2 of those he was interfered with, and his drop percentage is....ZERO.  he's usually option 3 or 4 depending on the play.  Brissett never makes it to a fourth progression, and barely to three....  Cain's not lighting it up, but maybe if he sacrificed a lamb to Jacoby, he'd see the ball more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I guess I don't watch enough football to know who would win if JB was not hurt. I will say I do not think Hoyer cost us the game. I thought he played very well. Yes, the pick 6 hurt but he did throw 3 tds to 3 different guys.

Nah, you have watched a lot more football than me and know the game better IMO, don't sell yourself short, you are the man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah, you have watched a lot more football than me and know the game better IMO, don't sell yourself short, you are the man.

Oh thanks man. Means sooooooooo much coming from you and I know how sincere you truly are!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Oh thanks man. Means sooooooooo much coming from you and I know how sincere you truly are!!

Thanks just like I know how sincere you are toward me with your posts Bastian Schweinsteiger Football GIF by FC Bayern Munich cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks just like I know how sincere you are toward me with your posts Bastian Schweinsteiger Football GIF by FC Bayern Munich cheers

But you are my hero ! You are able to know what would happen if circumstances were different and things that most all people can't know! You truly amaze me. Cheers to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well not really sure how to feel right now. Hoyer played OK, 3 TDs against that D isn’t bad. What hurts is the OL has sucked the last two weeks and they got JB hurt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Come on man.

Well, I couldn't watch the game today, but he's not completely off base.  A QB switch, especially mid game, and even more if it's two guys stylistically or athletically different.  

 

Knowing when he wants the play snapped, the qb seeing and calling out blitzes and defenses differently can raise the number of holds, as can the line being unfamiliar with how, and where, the replacement tends to move within the pocket..... So yeah, there's some merit in the idea a few penalties aren't a surprise after a QB exits with an injury,. And house signed with no camp or preseason in Indy.... It's not like he takes many snaps to build a comfort level with the OL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

But you are my hero ! You are able to know what would happen if circumstances were different and things that most all people can't know! You truly amaze me. Cheers to you!

Oh thanks, glad I have a true fan that admires me. You have it wrong though, you are the man, lets not get it twisted. I only dream to have your football knowledge, I mean that with immense sincerity :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

Yeah, but you and I both know that there's a difference between dictionary definition and common usage.  And we both know that a "sprain" and a "tear" are two different things, and a sprain is the less severe of the two.

 

So we want to pick a guy who'd probably easily clear waivers.

 

Right now to me, that's Deon Cain.  I can't see any team in the NFL deciding to claim Cain at the moment.

Cain or quincy Wilson  since he is no longer active  on game day or tyquan lewis. All three are expendable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well not really sure how to feel right now. Hoyer played OK, 3 TDs against that D isn’t bad. What hurts is the OL has sucked the last two weeks and they got JB hurt. 

That pick 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stephen said:

That pick 6

One bad throw, he was throwing darts outside of that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

Yeah, but you and I both know that there's a difference between dictionary definition and common usage.  And we both know that a "sprain" and a "tear" are two different things, and a sprain is the less severe of the two.

 

So we want to pick a guy who'd probably easily clear waivers.

 

Right now to me, that's Deon Cain.  I can't see any team in the NFL deciding to claim Cain at the moment.

we probably have several who no one would claim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well not really sure how to feel right now. Hoyer played OK, 3 TDs against that D isn’t bad. What hurts is the OL has sucked the last two weeks and they got JB hurt. 

That was just fluke football play.  I am more concerned about the five sacks they gave up.  Teams doing fear the Colts doing anything but a check down and it’s showing they are blitzing and stacking the box on every play and no line can stand up vs that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Nickster, you'd get agreement from a lot of people if you said that in week 1, but you're out to lunch with it now.

 

You can argue whether Brissett is an average starter, a good starter or a mediocre starter.  he is not a backup.  What you do isn't what you are.  If Brissett left Indy tomorrow, it would be for a starting gig somewhere else.  that cat is out of the bag ever since the week 3 win in Atlanta, and certainly after the wins against KC and Houston

 

Also worth noting -- Hoyer had a brief but moderately successful career as a journeyman starter although he played for some pretty brutal teams so the numbers don't necessarily show it.  He's a backup because of age and decline, not because that's the most he's capable of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

Sorry Nickster, you'd get agreement from a lot of people if you said that in week 1, but you're out to lunch with it now.

 

hes not alone, pff had Jacoby like 26th 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Let me ask you and @Nickster a question, do you think we win if JB plays all game? Why I am even asking this is dumb because I already know you guys will say no. I think we find a way to win though, if he doesn't get injured. I don't think it comes down to a last second FG is why. I think we are up 17-3 if not 13-3 at worse if JB doesn't leave the game.

JB makes 4th and 1 plays every time. Reich didn’t call QB sneak with Hoyer  in that spot. It could have extended drives...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

hes not alone, pff had Jacoby like 26th 

which considering there's 32 teams, I'll leave you to do the math on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

which considering there's 32 teams, I'll leave you to do the math on that one.

hes the starter because Luck retired, i guess you forgot that part.  there also may not be 32 guys worthy of being starters in the league

 

personally i would not be so committed to the 26th QB, i think we should be looking to get better


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nickster said:


yes I watch football.  2 illegal shifts because JB out.  Ok man.

 

Are you 12 years old, or completely new to watching football?

 

That's is completely Football 101.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Jacoby had been in the game he might of evaded those two sacks that cost us in the 5th quarter. Maybe not the INT either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes me angry is the no call for the hands to the face on nelson by heyward on the play of the brissett injury. ITS WHAT CAUSED THE INJURY IN THE FIRST PLACE

 

Joseph

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is it Jacoby barely played and you guys are still bashing him. Your so ridiculous. He had us a FG and was getting ready to score a TD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Horseshoelife19 said:

I say bring Kelly up and cut Chester Rogers!!!!!

Rogers has done more than Cain at this point.  Still a guy like Wilson or the fourth running back are probably expendable to make room for Kelly should they have too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I didn’t say you did.  I said they were.   Marvin is fifth in career catches and Wayne is 10th.  Bruce is 13th and Holt doesn’t make the top 13.   Holt is 16th in career yards and 36th in TDs.     So Harrison tops Bruce in catches and TDs while Bruce has the edge in yards.  I think TDs and catches are much more important than yards. Wayne tops Holt in everything and tops Bruce in catches.     As a duo give me Harrison and Wayne.   Moss and Carter is another good duo although it was short lived and the Steelers had Stallworth and Swann.  Those are the best sets I can come up with.     The Steelers have been good at producing stud WRs as a franchise but I am not sure I would take them over Harrison and Berry who are probably two of the top 10 WRs to ever play the game and Wayne who is also probably going to end up a Hall of Famer.  
    • Where did I say they were?  Harrison and Wayne were 9th and 10th in career yards while Bruce was 5th. Harrison was 5th in TDs while Wayne was 24th. Bruce was 12th.  So it's debatable.   
    • Wayne and Harrison were just as good.
    • The St. Louis Rams had a couple of great WRs with Holt 1999-2008 and Bruce 1994-2007. Kind of hard to beat those two at the same time. Add Faulk 1999-2005 as he was maybe the best RB receiver in history. 
    • I love what Ballard has done with the roster, but honestly could care less about rankings.  Give me Ws...   Sorry man, couldn't help myself!  
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...