Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
MarquisJ

Warning: Angry Post

Recommended Posts

I’m sure a lot fans feel this way. It’s actually very simple.

 

Cut/Find immediate replacement for tonight:

Mark Glowinski

Adam V

Chester Rodgers

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody available right now that's better than those guys. I do agree that they need to be replaced this offseason. Lets just ride this 8-9 win season out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

I’m sure a lot fans feel this way. It’s actually very simple.

 

Cut/Find immediate replacement for tonight:

Mark Glowinski

Adam V

Chester Rodgers

 

You aren't going to find valid replacements for any of those guys at this point in the year.

 

Doing this would be tantamount to giving up on the season when we're still 5-3.

 

But you know that, you're just angry.

 

Besides, the guy who cost us the game right now isn't any of those guys, it's big Q, who let himself get pushed into Brissett and hurt him.  That might have ended our season, nevermind the game.

  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Nobody available right now that's better than those guys. I do agree that they need to be replaced this offseason. Lets just ride this 8-9 win season out. 

Can Andrew unretire????

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FRW said:

I'd add Cain to that list.

Cain has needed to be replaced since week 4 at the latest. 

 

I'm partially convinced that Ballard didn't invest in a WR out of some misplaced faith in his draft pick and if that's the case it's an abject disaster for the Colts because a GM who falls in love with his picks is a GM who will not be decisive when it's time to make the moves necessary to be the best franchise we can possibly be.

 

We needed a WR at the deadline.  We probably needed 2 WR at the deadling.  I'm still bitter at Ballard for effectively giving us -1 WRs at the deadline, as he HAD to know that TY wasn't 100% by then.

 

I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that Ballard is a great personnel evaluator but an indecisive leader when it comes to making cuts and replacing talent he drafted that needs to be replaced.  You can't afford to fall in love with yourself as a GM, and you can't fall in love with any one individual player or draft pick. 

 

I'm beginning to fear that Ballard is buying his own hype and that means bad things for the franchise down the road.  Refusing to buy talent at the deadline when there's a chance to compete for playoff glory right in front of you is a massive red flag for this.

 

As the old adage goes, it's more easily forgiven to try and fail, than to fail to try!

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cain has been absent - hard to know if he a keeper or not. This is essentially his rookie season after missing last year.. Funchess injury hurt. Ebron is not a big part of the offense this season. In fact Tight ends are not a big part of the game plan outside of Doyle.  On the other hand Pascal has impressed and Campbell was at least a factor in today's game. I am a bit surprised we have not used our backs more in the offensive passing game. We have Fountain back next season but suspect we will invest in a home run WR either in draft or in offseason FA market

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Cain has needed to be replaced since week 4 at the latest. 

 

I'm partially convinced that Ballard didn't invest in a WR out of some misplaced faith in his draft pick and if that's the case it's an abject disaster for the Colts because a GM who falls in love with his picks is a GM who will not be decisive when it's time to make the moves necessary to be the best franchise we can possibly be.

 

We needed a WR at the deadline.  We probably needed 2 WR at the deadling.  I'm still bitter at Ballard for effectively giving us -1 WRs at the deadline, as he HAD to know that TY wasn't 100% by then.

 

I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that Ballard is a great personnel evaluator but an indecisive leader when it comes to making cuts and replacing talent he drafted that needs to be replaced.  You can't afford to fall in love with yourself as a GM, and you can't fall in love with any one individual player or draft pick. 

 

I'm beginning to fear that Ballard is buying his own hype and that means bad things for the franchise down the road.  Refusing to buy talent at the deadline when there's a chance to compete for playoff glory right in front of you is a massive red flag for this.

 

As the old adage goes, it's more easily forgiven to try and fail, than to fail to try!

I’d have to agree we have more than enough money and we sit on it, we need some game changers we need to spend in FA and get some holes filled

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I love all the over reaction after a loss.

It's how we come to terms with who our team really is. After we all calm down, we'll lower our expectations for this team and realize that 8 maybe 9 wins is this teams destiny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is with the ball placement by Sanchez's on Viniteri's latest flub? Laces away from the kicker not toward him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yankeeclipper said:

Cain has been absent - hard to know if he a keeper or not. 


Depends on how gullible you are! If, You believe a good TC and private comeback video defines success, you could end up being disappointed.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bestQBever said:

 

It's how we come to terms with who our team really is. After we all calm down, we'll lower our expectations for this team and realize that 8 maybe 9 wins is this teams destiny.

None of their wins have been impressive. They play fairly well but dominate no one. If JB is out for several games the Colts are sunk.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bestQBever said:

 

It's how we come to terms with who our team really is. After we all calm down, we'll lower our expectations for this team and realize that 8 maybe 9 wins is this teams destiny.

I think we are better then 8 wins. This was just a weird game. We beat ourselves with turnovers.  We lose our center and no TY and we still were in position to win. Reich blew it T the end settling for a FG. His play calling has me scratching my head at times. One minute he is aggressive the next he is like old Chuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

You aren't going to find valid replacements for any of those guys at this point in the year.

 

Doing this would be tantamount to giving up on the season when we're still 5-3.

 

But you know that, you're just angry.

 

Besides, the guy who cost us the game right now isn't any of those guys, it's big Q, who let himself get pushed into Brissett and hurt him.  That might have ended our season, nevermind the game.

Lmao wut 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, King Colt said:

None of their wins have been impressive. They play fairly well but dominate no one. If JB is out for several games the Colts are sunk.

Good thing we have Miami. From what I seen from hoyer today he can get us that win and the jags win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Cain has needed to be replaced since week 4 at the latest. 

 

I'm partially convinced that Ballard didn't invest in a WR out of some misplaced faith in his draft pick and if that's the case it's an abject disaster for the Colts because a GM who falls in love with his picks is a GM who will not be decisive when it's time to make the moves necessary to be the best franchise we can possibly be.

 

We needed a WR at the deadline.  We probably needed 2 WR at the deadling.  I'm still bitter at Ballard for effectively giving us -1 WRs at the deadline, as he HAD to know that TY wasn't 100% by then.

 

I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that Ballard is a great personnel evaluator but an indecisive leader when it comes to making cuts and replacing talent he drafted that needs to be replaced.  You can't afford to fall in love with yourself as a GM, and you can't fall in love with any one individual player or draft pick. 

 

I'm beginning to fear that Ballard is buying his own hype and that means bad things for the franchise down the road.  Refusing to buy talent at the deadline when there's a chance to compete for playoff glory right in front of you is a massive red flag for this.

 

As the old adage goes, it's more easily forgiven to try and fail, than to fail to try!


Oh,  Dear God....

 

What a pitiful mess.   Just awful. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I love all the over reaction after a loss.

 

I say we just take our ball and go home.  That'll show em!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Good thing we have Miami. From what I seen from hoyer today he can get us that win and the jags win.

Hoyer is statue i.e., no mobility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Good thing we have Miami. From what I seen from hoyer today he can get us that win and the jags win.

Not if we play like today. The dolphins  won today

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think we are better then 8 wins. This was just a weird game. We beat ourselves with turnovers.  We lose our center and no TY and we still were in position to win. Reich blew it T the end settling for a FG. His play calling has me scratching my head at times. One minute he is aggressive the next he is like old Chuck.

If we play like we have the past 2 weeks for the rest of the year we are a 8 win team. If we go back to playing penalty free, turnover free football, we are a 9 possilby 10 win team with some luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I love all the over reaction after a loss.

To be fair, the Texans are now in the lead and Brissett is hurt. Having Hoyer as QB1 does not bode well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bestQBever said:

If we play like we have the past 2 weeks for the rest of the year we are a 8 win team. If we go back to playing penalty free, turnover free football, we are a 9 possilby 10 win team with some luck.

We play Miami next week. We should be fine. Denver had a great defense. Today was mental mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I love all the over reaction after a loss.

Apparently watching Adam V miss the most field goals/ PATs in the NFL and wanting him gone you are now “over reacting” interesting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RollerColt said:

To be fair, the Texans are now in the lead and Brissett is hurt. Having Hoyer as QB1 does not bode well...

The Texans have a bye next week. We beat the dolphins and we are first again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

We play Miami next week. We should be fine. Denver had a great defense. Today was mental mistakes.

You think? Who knows who is playing next week and they have been showing a pulse last couple weeks. I wouldn't bet too much on it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Not if we play like today. The dolphins  won today

Lol. They played the jets.

 

These over reactions are kind of funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is over-reaction.  Vinny is being discussed in another thread.  Glow should not be replaced yet.  He's played relatively well for Indy for a season and a half.  A bad game or two is no reason to cut a guy who has been doing well for over a year now.  The entire OL played poorly today

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lol. They played the jets.

 

These over reactions are kind of funny.

LOL. We lost to a team with a losing record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Hoyer is statue i.e., no mobility. 


So?

 

We didn’t lose today because of Hoyer.  He made one bad pass.   He played well enough to win.   He showed he can be a quality backup for the Colts. 


Hoyer was not the problem today. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, FRW said:

I'd add Cain to that list.

Send Cain to New England where he will be become and instant star!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

This is over-reaction.  Vinny is being discussed in another thread.  Glow should not be replaced yet.  He's played relatively well for Indy for a season and a half.  A bad game or two is no reason to cut a guy who has been doing well for over a year now.  The entire OL played poorly today

Oh it’s not just this game, he is unequivocally the weakest link on the line and has been that. Gets beat more often than not and benefits from having Ryan Kelly and Braden Smith next to him and of course Frank Reich playcalling. Of course we will not find anyone right now off the street (angry post) but I’d be concerned if we don’t address it off-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I love all the over reaction after a loss.

And it's done pretty well on this forum.....tbf according to the majority on here we were doomed as soon as Luck retired and should have been about 1-7 by now with Brissett and failing that the season was then lost after we went down at home to the Raiders after which a lot of people then declared eating humble pie after the chiefs win! Maybe the pie has ran out so we're back to being a lost season! Point is teams have to come through adversary and show show character....that will be the judge in the long run.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Not if we play like today. The dolphins  won today

YUP ! …...AGREE !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I thought we’d go 8-8 or 9-7 with JB, the rooks, turmoil of losing a franchise QB. we’re not that far off, even with all the injuries.  Which were many.   I was hoping we’d squeak in the playoffs.   I also thought Frank wanted an offense that put pressure on the D.  I really didnt see the creativity i did last year.  Not gimmicks, But creativity in formations and playcalling.  Perhaps it was due to our losses at WR and TE.  I also was confused by our bi-polar personality when it comes to risk and being aggressive.   I dont think the sky is falling (long-term), but some changes, and perhaps tweaks, are necessary.
    • I did that already either you understand it or you don't 
    • We currently have pick 15--if Tua is still available, would you take a punt and pick him, with the thought he would miss his rookie season?
    • Well, I have not thought the team was bad since Ballard got a year under his belt and hired his own coach. They have had struggles...as any rebuilding does, but the Colts also lost their schemed for QB. Every team gets injuries, but the positions that the Colts have lost to injury are particularly important to the development of a new QB.   Let's just think about what if......   What if the Colts take a high draft pick at QB next year....and the guy faces what JB had to face in the two years he has been a starter. Few would get through and remain as a starter, unaffected career wise by the losses, the scrutiny, and the pressure. Verrrrrry few. Thank the stars that the Colts have a QB that is as tough as Jacoby Brissett is. He is double tough. I would take his toughness against ANY QB coming out in the draft. He may not be that guy, but he is the right guy right now.....and for the forseeable future, until that guy becomes a possibility. Just because there is  a few QB's slotted to go high in the draft, doesn't mean it is the right year to snag one.    In the meantime, keep adding pieces, and manage the cap. When the Colts name is called in the draft, I want them to take the player that they see is a franchise player....regardless of the position. If that is a QB, so be it. But let's not become a struggling franchise that passes on a golden player to grasp for a QB.
    • Depending on a series of decisions we make this off-season I wouldn’t rule out drafting a RB in the 4 rounds.  (I’m assuming by 5 picks you meant 4 rounds?  With 2 picks in R2, that’s the way the math breaks down.)    Just thinking out loud.   I think it’s way too early to rule most things in or out.     
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...