Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Inactives Vs. Steelers

John Waylon

The Steelers ground game will be depleted today without two of their running backs as they take on the Indianapolis Colts at Heinz Field. 

Both James Conner and Benny Snell are inactive after suffering injuries against the Miami Dolphins last week. 

With Conner out, it will be Jaylen Samuels who gets the start at running back. 

“The next guy has to come in there and play really well,” said Maurkice Pouncey. “We get Jaylen back. He is a slow runner. He reads the holes the right way. He is an upfield guy. It always seems like he is always falling forward. Whenever you see that as a lineman, you are like, man, all right, that is a good back. Him knowing the offense and the different things he can bring, sub-packages and things like that. It’s awesome to get him back, but it’s going to be great when we have all of them.”

Offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner is confident in Samuels and knows he can do the job. 

“He’s really unique as a pass catcher, a route runner,” said Fichtner. “He’s nifty in a lot of ways. We know he can be capable of being that one back that can play all three downs. He’s done it before in big games. I think back to New England last year. I mean, he’s had plenty of those moments. So, I’m just excited to have him back.”

The Steelers also have Trey Edmunds, and the physical running back is ready to do what is asked of him as well.

https://www.steelers.com/news/steelers-inactives-for-week-9-vs-colts

Steelers Inactives
No. 5 QB Paxton Lynch
No. 24 RB Benny Snell Jr.
No. 30 RB James Conner
No. 31 CB Justin Layne
No. 73 OL Ramon Foster
No. 81 TE Zach Gentry
No. 95 DE L.T. Walton

Colts Inactives
No. 13 WR T.Y Hilton
No. 31 CB Quincy Wilson
No. 33 RB Jonathan Williams
No. 35 CB Pierre Desir
No. 62 OT Le'Raven Clark
No. 76 DT Carl Davis
No. 94 DE Tyquan Lewis

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I just don’t get the Wilson thing with Desir out. What was the purpose of upgrading Desir.  

Because he got healthier and there was a chance he could play and the Colts didn’t want to get fined for lying on the injury report.

questionable just means 50/50 it doesn’t mean he’s going to play.

i think he got upgraded because he traveled with the team and they hoped he would be able to play based on how he was doing today.  Sadly he wasn’t healthy enough.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Marvel Tell is clearly jumping over Wilson. Wilson will be gone after the season.

I think that decision was made when they were shopping him.  It’s telling that Taylor is dressed and he’s not.  He’s just not working out here.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Marvel Tell is clearly jumping over Wilson. Wilson will be gone after the season.

They could of kept him as doubtful.

In fans eyes yes.  In the league’s not so much or they would have.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I guess they couldn't find a trade partner for Wilson? Why don't they just cut him? They must not think too much of him considering Rocks performance against the broncos.

Because Desir is hurt and Moore has been banged up as well.  If someone else gets hurt they don’t have someone who would probably better and knows the system.  In other words he’s the break glass in case of emergency option at corner.

36 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They could of kept him as doubtful.

As a lifetime USC Trojan fan (whose team now has a lame duck head coach after last nights embarrassment  on national TV ) I am gonna have the bar set pretty high for Mr. Tell (and he CAN reach that bar ) ………..GO COLTS !!!!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Calmack said:

Trade deadline is over, Wilson is just dead weight to them now 

Yeah I know. That was a jab at all the people who jumped my case last week when I brought up him being a healthy scratch again for his second consecutive coaching staff with a lack of depth at the position because we either 1) already had a trade lined up for him that we didn’t execute because.... well, because. Or 2) they sat him so he wouldn’t get hurt so they could trade him.