Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Horseshoelife19

Marcus Johnson

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Also MJ is on IR.

The colts resigned him to the PS after he got healthy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

No because Dulin has been a stud on special teams.

I haven't seen Dulin do anything other than be a backup.  His value is in being able to return punts.  Haven't seen any spectacular plays on special teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd promote Chad Williams well before Johnson, much higher upside former early round draft pick who was a college stud and was actually the 1 wr for Grambling as Chester Rogers was his 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he was better than the guys on the roster he’d be on the roster.  He’s not an unknown to the Colts they have had him for a while.  He underwhelmed in the pre-season against other teams backups and third stringers.  I wouldn’t expect him to be suddenly good vs other teams starters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, krunk said:

I haven't seen Dulin do anything other than be a backup.  His value is in being able to return punts.  Haven't seen any spectacular plays on special teams.

He’s made a couple of nice tackles in coverage.  It’s nice to have but with the Colts injury issues at WR it’s not something you couldn’t give up if you thought you had another starter level WR on the PS.  I don’t think they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think it really stupid we have to rely on practice squad bodies and pray they preform I am sorry our WR squad just plan sucks once hilton goes down they are just lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think any changes are coming this year (besides Funchess coming back) but Colts definitely need to draft a WR early on next year. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I don't think any changes are coming this year (besides Funchess coming back) but Colts definitely need to draft a WR early on next year. 

 


Hilton, Campbell and Pascal are probably the only returning WRs next season depending on how Funchess fairs.

 

Colts need to seriously look after drafting another WR early in 2020 draft which is loaded with WRs. 
 

The TE situation could be tricky as well. Both Doyle and Ebron are FAs and I doubt both are retained. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 7:55 AM, krunk said:

I haven't seen Dulin do anything other than be a backup.  His value is in being able to return punts.  Haven't seen any spectacular plays on special teams.

 

He was the one that had the heads up play to pin them on the 1 yard line that ended up in a safety.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bhougland said:

 

He was the one that had the heads up play to pin them on the 1 yard line that ended up in a safety.  

That’s one play. Every player on the team has made one really solid play during their time here. I mean, Vinny has made a 54 yard FG but missed extra points routinely now, does that mean he is a pro bowl kicker now? Lewis has a sack yet he has been scratched most of the year now, does the one great play suggest he should be starting? Kelly was balling in preseason and was the only QB hitting guys over the top deep and had the feet to run yet he is on the practice squad still.  Dullin is speed and very very raw, he was a surprise for me to see come up first but hey....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MPStack said:


Hilton, Campbell and Pascal are probably the only returning WRs next season depending on how Funchess fairs.

 

Colts need to seriously look after drafting another WR early in 2020 draft which is loaded with WRs. 
 

The TE situation could be tricky as well. Both Doyle and Ebron are FAs and I doubt both are retained. 
 

 

Doyle 1-2 years ebron let go.

They should have kept Hentges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MPStack said:


Hilton, Campbell and Pascal are probably the only returning WRs next season depending on how Funchess fairs.

 

Colts need to seriously look after drafting another WR early in 2020 draft which is loaded with WRs. 
 

The TE situation could be tricky as well. Both Doyle and Ebron are FAs and I doubt both are retained. 
 

 

Agreed on the WR statement.

 

Also I love me some Doyle, but he'll be 30 and he's not exactly a speedster or physical specimen.

 

2020 will definitely be a year where we'll have to address the offensive weapons on this team. I wouldn't bother with Ebron, we caught lighting with him last year, but he's too hot and cold in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 5:31 PM, Horseshoelife19 said:

With Ty out, do you think Marcus Johnson should be brought up from the practice squad?

With Jacoby out Chad Kelly needs to be brought up from the PS. No room on the active for Johnson to come up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Doyle 1-2 years ebron let go.

They should have kept Hentges.

I was a huge fan of what Hentges brought to the table. I think in the proper system and useable, he will flourish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jdubu said:

That’s one play. Every player on the team has made one really solid play during their time here. I mean, Vinny has made a 54 yard FG but missed extra points routinely now, does that mean he is a pro bowl kicker now? Lewis has a sack yet he has been scratched most of the year now, does the one great play suggest he should be starting? Kelly was balling in preseason and was the only QB hitting guys over the top deep and had the feet to run yet he is on the practice squad still.  Dullin is speed and very very raw, he was a surprise for me to see come up first but hey....

He has been a really good gunner since he was called up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

I disagree that Pascal, Hilton, and Campbell will be the only WR's back. I'm pretty sure Fountain will make the roster. 

If DF comes back and plays well I could see them bringing him back. Him with those other three will be a good group if they can stay healthy lol. Fountain is just like Cain a big unknown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...