Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Week 9: Observations, Reactions, Impressions, etc.

NFLfan

Oct. 31st:

49ers 28, Cardinals 25.

Sunday, Nov. 3rd

9:30 AM ET

Texans & Jaguars in London

Early games:

Titans @ Panthers

Washington @ Buffalo Bills 

Bears @ Eagles

Jets @ Miami Dolphins

Vikings @ Chiefs

(Note: Colts @ Steelers covered in Colts Section and in game thread.) 

Later afternoon games:

Buccaneers @ Seahawks

Lions @ Oakland Raiders

Packers @ Chargers

Browns @ Broncos

Sunday Night Game:

Patriots @ Ravens

Monday, Nov. 4th (MNF)

Cowboys @ Giants

Which games be aired where you are? 

NFL Coverage Map:

https://fansided.com/2019/10/31/nfl-coverage-map-2019-t

• Like 2

Which games are you looking forward to watching?

This should be a good week for football. It started off well on Thursday with a competitive game. Then Sunday morning, Colts fans should be excited to watch Texans and Jags. Hi @Qwiz

I'm looking forward to watching the Vikes and Chiefs. I want Mahomes to play. 

Then I want to see the Chargers beat the Packers and the Ravens beat the Pats. That will make for a great Sunday. :D

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Which games are you looking forward to watching?

This should be a good week for football. It started off well on Thursday with a competitive game. Then Sunday morning, Colts fans should be excited to watch Texans and Jags. Hi @Qwiz

I'm looking forward to watching the Vikes and Chiefs. I want Mahomes to play. 

Then I want to see the Chargers beat the Packers and the Ravens beat the Pats. That will make for a great Sunday. :D

I am taking Texans over Jags, Colts over Steelers, Vikings over Chiefs - Mahomes is out, and my upset special is the Ravens over the Pats.

• Like 1

It’d be great to see Mahomes against that Viking defense but I doubt it’s gonna happen. I’m not sold on Lamar Jackson either but that could definitely be an upset this week. I’ll definitely have my eyes on Colts/Steelers as well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

It’d be great to see Mahomes against that Viking defense but I doubt it’s gonna happen. I’m not sold on Lamar Jackson either but that could definitely be an upset this week. I’ll definitely have my eyes on Colts/Steelers as well. 

Oh yeah I will be watching Jags/Texans too. Fwiw though I am picking the Texans to win :thmup:. Sorry about Watt man that is a tough blow but you guys still have a tough team. Losing Luck was bad for us but JB has been above average for the most part. Now TY is out as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh yeah I will be watching Jags/Texans too. Fwiw though I am picking the Texans to win :thmup:. Sorry about Watt man that is a tough blow but you guys still have a tough team. Losing Luck was bad for us but JB has been above average for the most part. Now TY is out as well.

Yeah man I don’t think anyone expected the Colts to be pulling out those close wins without Andrew in the lineup, especially considering how abrupt his retirement was. Y’all have been doing great so far but now here is the real test for both our teams. The losses of two key players, albeit one is for a few games and the other the rest of the season. 

• Like 2

I don’t know if Brady makes that clutch throw to ice that 49ers game. That was 1 of those throws a professional quarterback makes look easy but is not easy. He was 1 second from being smashed, stepped up, rescoped what was happening real fast and made the throw. I don’t know if Rodgers makes it either (he does step up and rescope but he slides...but then it’s still up to the defense to ice it). 

The Cardinals are playing hard. They’ve won 3 winnable games and almost won that one. Their coach makes Andy Reid look like a Vince Lombardi level game management coach but as long as his team plays hard for him you can’t harp on that. If it happens to many more times though they will lose their fire.

Anyway so much for the whole Jimmy G being carried thing. The defense collapsed at the end and he won the game without a healthy George Kittle. O that reminds me...in spite of Kingsbury’s whacked game management, the dumbest coaching decision was leaving Kittle in! You don’t play with a hurt knee of any degree! They’re lucky he isn’t literally ruined! 

5 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Watson really is worryingly good, the only thing I can see holding him back is longevity. We've seen it with Newton/Luck, even with the big frame, you can't be taking the hits as QB. 

Watson is an inch taller and about 5 pounds lighter than RG3. I think Watson plays as more of a passer but he’s definitely a player that relies on having to move around a lot. That typically doesn’t equate to a long career unless you have a Donovan McNab type finish.

15 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:
  • Watson and Minshew have both just had ridiculous plays escaping pressure. Is Foles getting his job back?

I wrote that on the Vikings site. They both have made some great plays.

The Texans are running a clinic on how to sustain drives. The Vikes will have to do this today. I worry about the Chiefs skill players.

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I wrote that on the Vikings site. They both have made some great plays.

The Texans are running a clinic on how to sustain drives. The Vikes will have to do this today. I worry about the Chiefs skill players.

It's strange to think that the Texans have slowly evolved from being that good D, good running game team and functional QB (think Foster/Schaub era) into a O that I think has the potential to be up there with the best. Especially with Watt out, I think their D is pretty shaky, especially in the secondary.

Of course with the draft capital they've invested, it will be interesting to see if the roster crashes back down to earth at some point. 

Vikes lost to the Chiefs. :( Since it was not showing where I live, I did not watch the game. Hope to see it on NFL Network this week.

I believe we play the Cowboys next in prime time. That will not be easy. 

Enjoy the rest of the football.

Go Raiders!

Go Chargers!

Go Ravens!

39 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Vikes lost to the Chiefs. :( Since it was not showing where I live, I did not watch the game. Hope to see it on NFL Network this week.

I believe we play the Cowboys next in prime time. That will not be easy. 

Enjoy the rest of the football.

Go Raiders!

Go Chargers!

Go Ravens!

Cousins is pretty awful.  Overthrew his targets all day long.  He’s going to prevent the Vikes from reaching the next level.

• Like 1