Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Else Find Djax Really Annoying?

21isSuperman

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8279efdd/article/jackson-signs-fiveyear-deal-with-eagles-promises-super-bowl

DeSean Jackson is set to remain with the Philadelphia Eagles for the next half a decade, and he believes his presence on the team will lead to big things. Super things, in fact.

The Pro Bowl wideout generated a stir when he outright promised that Philadelphia would win a championship during the span of his five-year contract, which he signed Thursday before meeting with reporters.

--

First, he acts like a baby all season because of his unknown contract status. Then he signs a deal and tries to act like he's the best receiver in the league (if you watch the video in the link, you'll know what I mean) and a huge team player despite being a huge distraction all of last season. Then he goes and guarantees a Super Bowl. I can't be the only person who finds him incredibly annoying

ok i listned to this presser, he said, "bring" a super bowl,

everyone has the same goal and vision to bring a super bowl,

we also have to look at it from his point of view, could be lower class family, lost father, and as a foot ball player in the NFL

your career is at stake every snap,

so i understand how fans view him as a punk, and i would agree when he dropped the football scoring a td, makes him a punk

but he is talented and gifted and seemed to be very humble

we will wait and see now what will happen, asides from safety's playing deep deep back on the field

The Pro Bowl wideout generated a stir when he outright promised that Philadelphia would win a championship during the span of his five-year contract, which he signed Thursday before meeting with reporters.

Awww..... I'm sure the warm, friendly fans of the Eagles will understand if Desean doesn't deliver a Lombardi.

but he is talented and gifted and seemed to be very humble

That's the point - there is nothing remotely humble about the man (and I hesitate to use that word). He is one of my least favorite players in the league. I'm just glad that he's with Philly, because with him and Michael Vick, they are easily one of my least favorite teams in the league.

Lets see, he had his own radio show about ten minutes into his career. He doesn't just have a chip on his shoulder, he is a walking talking chip - incapable of seeing anything in any terms other than how they reflect on, affect, or benefit him. He showboats absurdly - and has hurt his team multiple times in the process. His sitting out last year until the last possible second (after a shortened off-season - when the team was trying to integrate tons of free agents in a short amount of time) contrasts sharply with someone like Reggie who did a little complaining, and then showed up on time and then gave it his all), he sulked all year, included repeated discipline problems resulting in a games suspension (probably costing the team a victory), he was ripped on the radio all season for "short-arming" balls - the implication being that since he wasn't getting the salary he wanted he wasn't going to try very hard or risk his body at all. Bear in mind that he was playing under a perfectly good contract that he agreed to and signed. He's not exactly a student of the game, he's just fast - and arguably too small to handle the reps required of a number one receiver. In short he's just a self-absorbed punk. He's not quite as ridiculous as Terrel Owens, but he's also a LOT less talented.

That's the point - there is nothing remotely humble about the man (and I hesitate to use that word). He is one of my least favorite players in the league. I'm just glad that he's with Philly, because with him and Michael Vick, they are easily one of my least favorite teams in the league.

Lets see, he had his own radio show about ten minutes into his career. He doesn't just have a chip on his shoulder, he is a walking talking chip - incapable of seeing anything in any terms other than how they reflect on, affect, or benefit him. He showboats absurdly - and has hurt his team multiple times in the process. His sitting out last year until the last possible second (after a shortened off-season - when the team was trying to integrate tons of free agents in a short amount of time) contrasts sharply with someone like Reggie who did a little complaining, and then showed up on time and then gave it his all), he sulked all year, included repeated discipline problems resulting in a games suspension (probably costing the team a victory), he was ripped on the radio all season for "short-arming" balls - the implication being that since he wasn't getting the salary he wanted he wasn't going to try very hard or risk his body at all. Bear in mind that he was playing under a perfectly good contract that he agreed to and signed. He's not exactly a student of the game, he's just fast - and arguably too small to handle the reps required of a number one receiver. In short he's just a self-absorbed punk. He's not quite as ridiculous as Terrel Owens, but he's also a LOT less talented.

My only argument is that I actually have more respect for TO than Jackson. At least TO works hard to perfect his craft. He's got a couple >>>s loose but I wouldn't put him on Jackson's level of poor character guys. Other than that though I agree. The best way to get a new contract is to work hard and perform. I guess Philly's front office doesn't care so much about work ethic, only speed.

My only argument is that I actually have more respect for TO than Jackson. At least TO works hard to perfect his craft. He's got a couple >>>s loose but I wouldn't put him on Jackson's level of poor character guys. Other than that though I agree. The best way to get a new contract is to work hard and perform. I guess Philly's front office doesn't care so much about work ethic, only speed.

I'd definitely rather have Owens on my team. As long as he is getting his catches and some regular ego massages he can be a fine receiver. For one year per team anyway. I would agree with you both about respecting him more and acknowledging that something isn't quite right with him, but as to who is more of a head case, I don't know.

I didn't pay much attention to Owens when he was in SF. I just heard the good stuff. Living in NJ, listening to Philly sports radio a lot while commuting, talking to my many many Eagle fan co-workers, reading newspaper articles.................................... The mans just loopy. Maybe we can call it a tie. I would cry in pain if either one of them was signed by the Colts.

If you can back it up, it's confidence. If you can't, it's arrogance. He has the potential and physical tools, but he didn't show up last year. That, in my book, is arrogance.

Actually, you can be confident without all of the swagger or showboating. I look at a guy like Emitt Smith or Walter Payton. Those guys were able to get it done on the field and they weren't showboating, all about me, *s. I think it's a mistake to call that confidence even if you can back it up. That is just arrogance. And that is Jackson.

Actually, you can be confident without all of the swagger or showboating. I look at a guy like Emitt Smith or Walter Payton. Those guys were able to get it done on the field and they weren't showboating, all about me, *s. I think it's a mistake to call that confidence even if you can back it up. That is just arrogance. And that is Jackson.

Those guys were definitely confident, but it was quiet confidence. That's something I love to see. A guy like Fitz knows he is one of the best receivers (and players) in the league, but you will never hear him say it. If Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson or Fitz came out and said "I believe I am the best receiver in the league", I certainly wouldn't like it, but I can't disagree. If Desean comes out and says it, I can't take it seriously.

Those guys were definitely confident, but it was quiet confidence. That's something I love to see. A guy like Fitz knows he is one of the best receivers (and players) in the league, but you will never hear him say it. If Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson or Fitz came out and said "I believe I am the best receiver in the league", I certainly wouldn't like it, but I can't disagree. If Desean comes out and says it, I can't take it seriously.

True - you just don't hear that kind of garbage from Fitz.

True - you just don't hear that kind of garbage from Fitz.

Exactly. It reminds me of a few years ago when CJ2K came out and said his nickname from then on would be "Every Coach's Dream"...ironic because the player that is every coach's dream wouldn't go out of his way to say he is every coach's dream

Djax actually seems to have grown up. the national media portrays him in a negative light on purpose. he's actually a good kid, and he let drew rosenhouse get into his head this season. the superbowl "guarantee" is being way overblown. he was merely saing he wants to bring philly a championship during this contract. If you dont expect to help ur team win a sb, then i dont want that player on my team. Djax seems to have gotten his act together this offseason and dont expect a lacklustful effort anymore.

Fitz actually was sort of a diva early in his career (he cared more about his stat sheet then winning). It took warner to help set him straight, and now fitz is the model nfl player.

By the way, I ironically also find the relentless use of abbreviations such as "Djax" to be incredibly annoying. Alex Rodriguez was bad enough, but now it's applied to EVERYONE. You need a freaking translation table to figure out who someone is talking about half the time.

If you can back it up, it's confidence. If you can't, it's arrogance. He has the potential and physical tools, but he didn't show up last year. That, in my book, is arrogance.

He got 5 years to prove it. If he doesnt win in 5 years, then based on your definition he is called arrogant.

On contract drama, yes he is bound to honor the contract which he didnt.

More appropriate words for him right now are "immature" and not "smart".

He got 5 years to prove it. If he doesnt win in 5 years, then based on your definition he is called arrogant.

On contract drama, yes he is bound to honor the contract which he didnt.

More appropriate words for him right now are "immature" and not "smart".

I think he's arrogant regardless. He hasn't done what the best receivers in the league have done. His numbers don't come close to what Fitz, Andre, and Calvin have done...and neither does his attitude. He is more of a deep threat, rather than a receiver than can run all the routes

I think he's arrogant regardless. He hasn't done what the best receivers in the league have done. His numbers don't come close to what Fitz, Andre, and Calvin have done...and neither does his attitude. He is more of a deep threat, rather than a receiver than can run all the routes

He is also a punt returner which none of the receivers you mentioned. Look, he is a talented guy. No doubt on that.

Of course, he sounds cocky but he is not an average joe either.

I will stay quiet and give his time ( he said 5 yrs ). If he doesnt win, then yes, we can bash all we want.

And absolutely, you are entitled to your opinion.

He is also a punt returner which none of the receivers you mentioned. Look, he is a talented guy. No doubt on that.

Of course, he sounds cocky but he is not an average joe either.

I will stay quiet and give his time ( he said 5 yrs ). If he doesnt win, then yes, we can bash all we want.

And absolutely, you are entitled to your opinion.

I agree that he is very talented and certainly not an average Joe. However, he doesn't do all the things a football team does; he doesn't block, doesn't tackle, doesn't play defense, doesn't control who throws the ball, etc. When a coach like Rex makes the statement, it has more weight to it because he directly controls all aspects of the team. But when a receiver who only plays when he wants to makes the statement, I can't take it seriously.

I agree that he is very talented and certainly not an average Joe. However, he doesn't do all the things a football team does; he doesn't block, doesn't tackle, doesn't play defense, doesn't control who throws the ball, etc. When a coach like Rex makes the statement, it has more weight to it because he directly controls all aspects of the team. But when a receiver who only plays when he wants to makes the statement, I can't take it seriously.

Of course, i am sure he meant he has confidence in his team's ability. Not doing it all by himself.

Sure, those are bold statements.

Ok, you want him "arrogant". He is arrogant. Happy? :-).