Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady trolls Manning

danlhart87

On 10/31/2019 at 11:48 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Since 2001 the only QB's on the opposing teams to beat Brady 2 times or more in the playoffs/SB are Peyton and Eli. Peyton 3 times in the AFC Title Game and Eli twice in the SB. Brady could have 11 rings if it wasn't for them and be the modern day Bill Russell who had 11 in basketball.

You forgot Joe Flacco who beat him twice in the playoffs, in 2009 and 2012  . Both games were at New England. He almost beat him the other two times as Evans dropped the winning touchdown , then Cundiff missed in 2011  , and Joe had the Ravens up twice by 14 points, before the Ravens lost 35-31, in 2014. With a few breaks , Flacco could have been 4-0 against NE, at NE. 
He wasn’t elite, but he did play well in the playoffs , especially earlier in his career. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

You forgot Joe Flacco who beat him twice in the playoffs, in 2009 and 2012  . Both games were at New England. He almost beat him the other two times as Evans dropped the winning touchdown , then Cundiff missed in 2011  , and Joe had the Ravens up twice by 14 points, before the Ravens lost 35-31, in 2014. With a few breaks , Flacco could have been 4-0 against NE, at NE. 
He wasn’t elite, but he did play well in the playoffs , especially earlier in his career. 

Good call. Joe was actaully above average for the most part from 2008-2012. In 2012 when the Ravens won it all he played great in the playoffs.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good call. Joe was actaully above average for the most part from 2008-2012. In 2012 when the Ravens won it all he played great in the playoffs.

After Joe won the Super Bowl, he got complaisant. Unlike Manning and Brady, he never worked off season with his receivers. The Ravens did him no favors by failing to draft decent receivers. It added up to going from an above average QB ,who was great in the playoffs , to the average Joe people have seen from 2015- present. Also, his skills and mobility have obviously decreased. He had a good run though, and is a future Ravens Ring of Honor guy. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

After Joe won the Super Bowl, he got complaisant. Unlike Manning and Brady, he never worked off season with his receivers. The Ravens did him no favors by failing to draft decent receivers. It added up to going from an above average QB ,who was great in the playoffs , to the average Joe people have seen from 2015- present. Also, his skills and mobility have obviously decreased. He had a good run though, and is a future Ravens Ring of Honor guy. 

Didn't they pay him alot too, and lost alot of his guys? Holden was huge for him

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Didn't they pay him alot too, and lost alot of his guys? Holden was huge for him

Yes, they did pay him. He gambled on himself the year of the Super Bowl, and won. After that year, it was hard not to

pay him, considering the Ravens history of not having a franchise QB. Boldin did a great job for Joe, but Ozzie and Harbaugh foolishly traded him for a 6th round pick, because they didn’t want to pay him an extra 2 million dollars. Big mistake.  

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 10:37 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Peyton will get him back. Peyton is smart and witty. Tom better look out haha 

#18 does better TV commercials too. United Way SNL skit, MasterCard--"Just buy bigger t-shirts." 

Plus, I like his interactions with Country star Brad Paisley too for Nation Wide Insurance I think. Peyton is an amazing pitch man.  Or that Alexa ad where he orders a book called "Positive Thinking' for Brad--'That's for you.' Bah Ha! Ha! Manning is so good at dead pan, straight laced sarcasm. Very difficult to pull off, but Peyton's a natural at it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

At least Manning didn't have to cheat for his SB rings lol 

Uh huh. Spy Gate, Deflate Gate, Smash Phone Gate; & who gives a darn about ply ability & Avocado ice cream anyway? Whatever. Preach bro preach. 

Off topic: When did it become fashionable to make SB rings look enormous like a bouncer's pair of brass knuckles? I like older ones that looked closer to a fancy dinner ring or tasteful piece of jewelry. 

No, need to reply Lolly. I just don't care for how larger than life SB rings are now. Carry on. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Uh huh. Spy Gate, Deflate Gate, Smash Phone Gate; & who gives a darn about ply ability & Avocado ice cream anyway? Whatever. Preach bro preach. 

Off topic: When did it become fashionable to make SB rings look enormous like a bouncer's pair of brass knuckles? I like older ones that looked closer to a fancy dinner ring or tasteful piece of jewelry. 

No, need to reply Lolly. I just don't care for how larger than life SB rings are now. Carry on. 

You made me curious so I looked this up.

https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/sports/nfl/2016/01/21/super-bowl-rings-through-the-years/79120366/

Mostly I would say it sort of just happened over time.  Part of it is there was an early decision to include a small gem on the ring for every SB that the team has won over the years.  Later those gems became shaped like footballs.  Even further on they became entire Lombardi trophies.  I have noticed that the teams with the most Lombardi's seem to have the biggest rings.  

I think ultimately what it came down to most was that each and every team when designing their ring said basically that they can't have a ring that was smaller than the previous SB winner's ring.  So basically they always had to out do them by a little bit.

And also when you consider that the profitability of NFL teams has exploded over the years, I can see it as appropriate.  

It's hard to tell because of lack scaling but I would say that the Redskins Super Bowl XXVI ring appears to be the biggest jump in size.