Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby Brissett making history.

Stephen

59 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Brissett has thrown an interception  on 1.32 percent  of his passes the lowest mark in nfl history  through a qbs first 30 games.

Is this a good or bad thing?  Could it mean he's not pushing the ball down the field as much?  Need more context.  Also, how many fumbles has he lost?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Is this a good or bad thing?  Could it mean he's not pushing the ball down the field as much?  Need more context.  Also, how many fumbles has he lost?

It means we have multiple SB’s in the future and HOF QB in the works

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

He has thrown for 14 TD's and has ran for a couple so it does show we are pushing it down the field :thmup:. He is on pace to throw for over 30 TD's. Last week was ugly but we won so time to move on to Pittsburgh.

• Like 3

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He has thrown for 14 TD's and has ran for a couple so it does show we are pushing it down the field :thmup:. He is on pace to throw for over 30 TD's. Last week was ugly but we won so time to move on to Pittsburgh.

That's NOT true. All but one of his TDs are red zone TDs. His TD stats don't show he's pushing it downfield. In fact as @shastamasta showed in the other thread you can argue it shows the opposite. He's one of the QBs that push it downfield the least in the league. He's 34th out of 39 QBs in Air Yards per completion and 28th out of 39 QBs in intended air yards per attempt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

That's NOT true. All but one of his TDs are red zone TDs. His TD stats don't show he's pushing it downfield. In fact as @shastamasta showed in the other thread you can argue it shows the opposite. He's one of the QBs that push it downfield the least in the league. He's 34th out of 39 QBs in Air Yards per completion and 28th out of 39 QBs in intended air yards per attempt. 

I did say WE are pushing it down the field, as in running the ball too. Once we get in the redzone, JB is great.

• Like 1

I think that's the tradeoff JB is making.  Fewer positive splash plays with fewer negative splash plays.  It tends to lead to greater time of possession and probably fewer touchdowns, but also protects the defense.

I think JB probably sees the field better than some give him credit for, (I'm not saying its perfect) and he simply chooses the safer option.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

Stop asking for context with stats. Don't question the stats, just accept them and nod yes.

(This is how certain talking heads convince people the Cowboys are good every year)

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Jimmy G has 9 touchdowns and 7 interceptions on an unbeaten team.  Good thing they have a strong defense.   JB has 14 touchdowns and 3 Interceptions for the Colts.   I'll take JB.  

It was also pointed out by someone that JB throws for more yards per game for the fans of QB's throwing for a lot of yards.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Funny, we all want that. I was just pointing out that people criticizing JB says he doesn't throw for a lot of yards but yet those same people would take Garoppollo over JB. 

My point was that sure if you are NOT throwing for a lot yards, yes, there is probably less chance for interceptions.  I'm fine with it, I just feel this stat is cherry picking for a narrative.  I'm fine with JB's style of play for now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, compuls1v3 said:

My point was that sure if you are NOT throwing for a lot yards, yes, there is probably less chance for interceptions.  I'm fine with it, I just feel this stat is cherry picking for a narrative.  I'm fine with JB's style of play for now.

I would love it if JB threw for 300 a game, we all would of course. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Calmack, explain your confused face. Please let me hear it lmao . We push the ball down the field by passing and running and once in the redzone we are automatic. I used the word WE which means our whole team. 

Your use of the word pushing. Saying we slowly march down the field is far more accurate. There is nothing about our game that involves "pushing it down the field". Thats what KC does or what the Arians Colts did. Its basically subjective based on how you see it so it doesn't really matter....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Calmack said:

Your use of the word pushing. Saying we slowly march down the field is far more accurate. There is nothing about our game that involves "pushing it down the field". Thats what KC does or what the Arians Colts did. Its basically subjective based on how you see it so it doesn't really matter....

That is fair enough, I just actually had no idea why the confused face so I thought I would ask lmao . It's all good. I like the fact after all these years we have a running game that can help us move the ball and win games. Different and neat to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I wouldn't. That means we can't run the ball at times throughout the season. And I, and Big Q just want to RUN THE DAMN BALL. 

That is a great point and I love our balance. Of course though if we had a QB throw for 300 that would be cool too. I am just about wins and losses in reality. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was also pointed out by someone that JB throws for more yards per game for the fans of QB's throwing for a lot of yards.

I know this is tongue in cheek...but Jimmy G plays on a top that runs more than any other team. The Colts run a lot as well...but not at that rate. If Jimmy G had JB's pass attempts, he would likely average ~260 yards/game vs JB's 227.

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I know this is tongue in cheek...but Jimmy G plays on a top that runs more than any other team. The Colts run a lot as well...but not at that rate. If Jimmy G had JB's pass attempts, he would likely average ~260 yards/game vs JB's 227.

We run a lot too as you just posted. Those QB's are close but JB makes less mistakes. I will say this Belichick knows how to draft QBs. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I saw today SF is running like 60% of the game.

10 hours ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Get that ground game pounding the rock and able to take it to the house any given play. Add this defense getting better with age and starting to clamp down and Jacoby doing what he's capable of with a healthy receiving corps and I'll take those stats..all the way to the SB

I think we need a good lead blocker to take our run game to the next level.  Either a fullback or a guy that can moonlight as one

10 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

how could it be a bad thing?

It could mean that the QB is being too careful with the ball on his throws. Meaning he doesn’t trust his arm enough to make deeper or tighter throws. 

If the QB is too careful throwing the ball it COULD be bad because it is making the offense somewhat one dimensional and less points are put on the board.

I believe the Colts are dealing with this now. The last three games the defenses have stacked the box and made the run game difficult. Teams are trying to make Brissett beat them.

KC got ran all over by our O-line even when they stacked the box.

Texans Played the run well but Brissett has a great game

DEN played the run well and Brissett made a ton of short careful throws (not including the first one on the last drive) The Colts almost got beat because the passing offense was no where to be found until that last drive.

I get frustrated because our offense isn’t as opened up as it could be.

Brissett HAS a better arm than Andrew had and he has some elite traits as a QB. However Brissett plays like he doesn’t trust himself to make certain throws and SEEMS to second guess himself at times. He plays like an ultimate game manager.

Now the Colts are winning so it’s all sunshine and rainbows but at some point these one score or less games are going to turn into losses.

• Like 1