Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
zibby43

*Must-watch* video of Ebron discussing the Colts' locker room chemistry

What struck me about this video is, the environment Ebron is describing is exactly what Ballard has been preaching about since he arrived in Indianapolis.

Would we all like more blowouts against inferior competition?  Yes.  Blowing out bad teams is oftentimes a strong indicator of championship-caliber teams.  Football Outsiders has an in-depth piece on this very topic.

That said, locker room camaraderie is an intangible that cannot be adequately measured.  Anybody that has played competitive sports at a high level knows how invaluable chemistry is.  When you don't want to let your teammates down, when you hold each other accountable, you play a lot harder for those guys than you would guys you cannot stand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Shout out to JBs leadership as well... 

Couldn't stop myself. 

• Like 4

That is great. That is the difference between having a 5-2 record like the colts and a 3-4 record like the Steelers. Teams are very even but colts find a way to win.

What an excellent locker room Ballard and Reich have assembled in a short period of time. I'm pretty sure the staff is building chemistry, 

toughness and depth with alot of young guys getting a ton of reps and

a bit of vanilla play calling.

Ballard and and Reich are building a tough minded, slog in the mud

and overall tough team to beat and will pay dividends as the season

wears on.

2 hours ago, HeSoColt said:

This makes me happy. Ebron seems like such a likable guy.

2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Dude, your avatar 

giphy.gif

IIRC, that article was pre-injury edge and he said football was nothing physically to him.  in fact he liked to play pickup bball after games on sundays because he had so much left.  I loved it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Dude, your avatar 

giphy.gif

I LOL'd... that picture just bled confidence, bad assery and everything in between. My favorite Colt ever.

23 hours ago, zibby43 said:

What struck me about this video is, the environment Ebron is describing is exactly what Ballard has been preaching about since he arrived in Indianapolis.

Would we all like more blowouts against inferior competition?  Yes.  Blowing out bad teams is oftentimes a strong indicator of championship-caliber teams.  Football Outsiders has an in-depth piece on this very topic.

That said, locker room camaraderie is an intangible that cannot be adequately measured.  Anybody that has played competitive sports at a high level knows how invaluable chemistry is.  When you don't want to let your teammates down, when you hold each other accountable, you play a lot harder for those guys than you would guys you cannot stand. 

good post

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I think Luck's situation is very unique. Born to wealth, lived abroad, will inherit a ton, has career options at his fingertips, etc.. He and his future grand-kids are already set for life. Other QBs and other players with worse injury history have remained passionate. Again, he's just a different type of guy/player, and there's nothing wrong with it.    As far as SBs are concerned, sure it's nice to play for one, but 50M is the key ingredient. 
    • I'm not sure why everyone is so obsessed with us taking a QB and trying to figure out how we would get one. I mean I know it's fun in a way to sleuth and conspire, however I'm not sure the Colts are going to take a QB at all. I'm also not sure they are going to grab one in FA either. I mean I could certainly be wrong, however why the need to grab one right now? This team is not ready to compete for a SB right now at all. They WERE ready with Luck as he was the "X" factor, but without Luck, we are not fully ready. So drafting a QB might give the fan base hope and excitement about a future players potential, but does it get us to win right now? I don't think so, as we DO need WR's and interior and exterior rush guys too, as well as O-line if Anthony retires but most assuredly to better ourselves over Glowinski.   What would you rather have? A QB right now that most likely will take time to develop, meaning we won't win many games in 2020, or a chance at maybe a more polished QB like Lawrence in 2021 if the Colts don't win too many games in 2020 with what they have. The alternative is that in 2020 the Colts do get better either with Jacoby or Chad, win games, and we would have pieces we drafted in areas of WR and DT and O-line that actually put us closer to complete team and we all get surprised.    Either way, I'm a Colts fan. I'm just not sold on taking a QB at all this year via draft and only a guy like Mariota if it's FA.    Go Colts!!
    • I looked up what the Chiefs had to pay Buffalo to trade up and grab Mahomes.  The Chiefs traded up from pick 27 in the first round to get pick 10.  They gave up pick 27 and their 3rd round pick that year and also their first round pick the next year.  If that is the price to move up 17 slots, the Colts shouldn't have to mortgage the future to move up in this year's first round. Say Carolina is your trade partner; that would mean the Colts would trade up from 13 to 7. The trade value chart, for what that is worth, says they would be slightly over paying if they traded the 13th and 44th pick for the 7th. I'd do that in a heartbeat if I believed we were looking at our future franchise QB. 
    • the sweet Jesus comment is why i said that   you dont know any more than the rest of us 
    • IMHO   We need to be aggressive in this draft for an OT whether AC comes back or not   We have ZERO depth at LT    
  • Members

• Indeee

Indeee 543

• Coffeedrinker

Coffeedrinker 7,322

Senior Members
    • aaron11

aaron11 2,517

• Khoops

Khoops 0

Rookie
    • wig