Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

*Must-watch* video of Ebron discussing the Colts' locker room chemistry

zibby43

What struck me about this video is, the environment Ebron is describing is exactly what Ballard has been preaching about since he arrived in Indianapolis.

Would we all like more blowouts against inferior competition?  Yes.  Blowing out bad teams is oftentimes a strong indicator of championship-caliber teams.  Football Outsiders has an in-depth piece on this very topic.

That said, locker room camaraderie is an intangible that cannot be adequately measured.  Anybody that has played competitive sports at a high level knows how invaluable chemistry is.  When you don't want to let your teammates down, when you hold each other accountable, you play a lot harder for those guys than you would guys you cannot stand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What an excellent locker room Ballard and Reich have assembled in a short period of time. I'm pretty sure the staff is building chemistry, 

toughness and depth with alot of young guys getting a ton of reps and

a bit of vanilla play calling.

Ballard and and Reich are building a tough minded, slog in the mud

and overall tough team to beat and will pay dividends as the season

wears on.

2 hours ago, HeSoColt said:

This makes me happy. Ebron seems like such a likable guy.

2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Dude, your avatar 

giphy.gif

IIRC, that article was pre-injury edge and he said football was nothing physically to him.  in fact he liked to play pickup bball after games on sundays because he had so much left.  I loved it!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, zibby43 said:

What struck me about this video is, the environment Ebron is describing is exactly what Ballard has been preaching about since he arrived in Indianapolis.

Would we all like more blowouts against inferior competition?  Yes.  Blowing out bad teams is oftentimes a strong indicator of championship-caliber teams.  Football Outsiders has an in-depth piece on this very topic.

That said, locker room camaraderie is an intangible that cannot be adequately measured.  Anybody that has played competitive sports at a high level knows how invaluable chemistry is.  When you don't want to let your teammates down, when you hold each other accountable, you play a lot harder for those guys than you would guys you cannot stand. 

good post

• Like 1