Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
compuls1v3

Offensive Series Play by Play (Coaches Film)

Recommended Posts

I'm posting what I saw, with my own opinions.  This will take some time, so please bear with me.\

 

Offense 1st Series
1st play, 1st and 10, run right, 6yd. gain.
2nd play, 2nd and 4, pass to Hilton missed.  Everyone was covered, coulda ran behind Nelson.
3rd play, 3rd and 4, pass to Doyle (was the only open man), and caught a first down for 9 yds.
4th play, 1st and 10, run right, Doyle let his man inside, and Miller got to Mack. (loss of 1).
5th play, 2nd and 11, run left, Mack gained a few yards to the outside.  Doyle was late off the snap and his man beat him to the outside to seal off the block. (gain of 3).
6th play, 3rd and 8, pass to Rodgers got 7 yds. He missed Pascal and Hilton wide open down the field.  Had plenty of time to throw.
7th play, 4th and 1, missed field goal.

 

Offense 2nd Series
8th play, 1st and 10, starting at close to 10 yard line (backed up), run to left side for 10+ yd. gain.
9th play, 1st and 10, corner blitz, instead of going to the receiver, he went to Mack, but still gained 14 yrds.  Good play.
10th play, 1st and 10, everyone was covered, and Jacoby took off running to his left.  After he started running, he had Doyle wide open on his left for an easy first down.  Gain of 6yds.
11th play, 2nd and 4, Mack runs to the left, got bottled up inside, loss of 1.
12th play, 3rd and 5, looks like a LB blit to JB's left, which left Campbell uncovered.  Also Doyle was open but pressure got there quick.
13th play, 4th and 9, 51 yd. punt, 2 yd. return.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offense 3rd Series
14th play, 1st and 10, TY was open down field, but JB ran for yds. instead.  Everyone else was covered.
15th play, 2nd and 4, Mack run right, Mo Allie-Cox didn't seal his guy from the outside to force him in, which caused Mack to turn in, and V. Miller made a great play.  Loss of 1.
16th play, 3rd and 5, pass incomplete, forced to Ebron.  Hilton was covered, but Pascal was wide open.  Looks like he was staring down Ebron the entire way.
17th play, 4th and 5, 54 yd. punt.  Sanchez doing good so far!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

2nd play, 2nd and 4, pass to Hilton missed.  Everyone was covered, coulda ran behind Nelson.

 

Unless you think it was an RPO or that it was obvious that everyone was going to be covered before Brissett snapped it (I'm not even sure that that's possible), I don't know how we can switch the play mid-play and hand the ball off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Offense 3rd Series
14th play, 1st and 10, TY was open down field, but JB ran for yds. instead.  Everyone else was covered.
15th play, 2nd and 4, Mack run right, Mo Allie-Cox didn't seal his guy from the outside to force him in, which caused Mack to turn in, and V. Miller made a great play.  Loss of 1.
16th play, 3rd and 5, pass incomplete, forced to Ebron.  Hilton was covered, but Pascal was wide open.  Looks like he was staring down Ebron the entire way.
17th play, 4th and 5, 54 yd. punt.  Sanchez doing good so far!

 

 yawn
 All QB's should always be looking at the open receivers first.
Da_n the OC's play design and game plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

If you can add screen grabs that would be really helpful when doing play breakdowns.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll see if I can figure that out.  I'm having trouble with pasting images in here.  TEST > https://ibb.co/FVdSJkF

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll see if I can figure that out.  I'm having trouble with pasting images in here.

 

 

 


I normally use a free image hosting site and paste links into the post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

I'm posting what I saw, with my own opinions.  This will take some time, so please bear with me.\

 

Offense 1st Series
1st play, 1st and 10, run right, 6yd. gain.
2nd play, 2nd and 4, pass to Hilton missed.  Everyone was covered, coulda ran behind Nelson.
3rd play, 3rd and 4, pass to Doyle (was the only open man), and caught a first down for 9 yds.
4th play, 1st and 10, run right, Doyle let his man inside, and Miller got to Mack. (loss of 1).
5th play, 2nd and 11, run left, Mack gained a few yards to the outside.  Doyle was late off the snap and his man beat him to the outside to seal off the block. (gain of 3).
6th play, 3rd and 8, pass to Rodgers got 7 yds. He missed Pascal and Hilton wide open down the field.  Had plenty of time to throw.
7th play, 4th and 1, missed field goal.

 

Offense 2nd Series
8th play, 1st and 10, starting at close to 10 yard line (backed up), run to left side for 10+ yd. gain.
9th play, 1st and 10, corner blitz, instead of going to the receiver, he went to Mack, but still gained 14 yrds.  Good play.
10th play, 1st and 10, everyone was covered, and Jacoby took off running to his left.  After he started running, he had Doyle wide open on his left for an easy first down.  Gain of 6yds.
11th play, 2nd and 4, Mack runs to the left, got bottled up inside, loss of 1.
12th play, 3rd and 5, looks like a LB blit to JB's left, which left Campbell uncovered.  Also Doyle was open but pressure got there quick.
13th play, 4th and 9, 51 yd. punt, 2 yd. return.

 

Play 2

https://ibb.co/0BRCJtw

 

Play 4

https://ibb.co/JxhfFkD

https://ibb.co/dPcCkQZ

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

I'm posting what I saw, with my own opinions.  This will take some time, so please bear with me.\

 

Offense 1st Series
1st play, 1st and 10, run right, 6yd. gain.
2nd play, 2nd and 4, pass to Hilton missed.  Everyone was covered, coulda ran behind Nelson.
3rd play, 3rd and 4, pass to Doyle (was the only open man), and caught a first down for 9 yds.
4th play, 1st and 10, run right, Doyle let his man inside, and Miller got to Mack. (loss of 1).
5th play, 2nd and 11, run left, Mack gained a few yards to the outside.  Doyle was late off the snap and his man beat him to the outside to seal off the block. (gain of 3).
6th play, 3rd and 8, pass to Rodgers got 7 yds. He missed Pascal and Hilton wide open down the field.  Had plenty of time to throw.
7th play, 4th and 1, missed field goal.

 

Offense 2nd Series
8th play, 1st and 10, starting at close to 10 yard line (backed up), run to left side for 10+ yd. gain.
9th play, 1st and 10, corner blitz, instead of going to the receiver, he went to Mack, but still gained 14 yrds.  Good play.
10th play, 1st and 10, everyone was covered, and Jacoby took off running to his left.  After he started running, he had Doyle wide open on his left for an easy first down.  Gain of 6yds.
11th play, 2nd and 4, Mack runs to the left, got bottled up inside, loss of 1.
12th play, 3rd and 5, looks like a LB blit to JB's left, which left Campbell uncovered.  Also Doyle was open but pressure got there quick.
13th play, 4th and 9, 51 yd. punt, 2 yd. return.

Play 5

I stand corrected, it was Castanzo who was late off the snap, but it was Doyle who didn't turn his guy inside.  However, there was a LB coming in to fill the gap, so it might have been a moot point anyways.

https://ibb.co/tM0QbzL

 

Play 6

https://ibb.co/Cnnrqjk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

I'm posting what I saw, with my own opinions.  This will take some time, so please bear with me.\

 

Offense 1st Series
1st play, 1st and 10, run right, 6yd. gain.
2nd play, 2nd and 4, pass to Hilton missed.  Everyone was covered, coulda ran behind Nelson.
3rd play, 3rd and 4, pass to Doyle (was the only open man), and caught a first down for 9 yds.
4th play, 1st and 10, run right, Doyle let his man inside, and Miller got to Mack. (loss of 1).
5th play, 2nd and 11, run left, Mack gained a few yards to the outside.  Doyle was late off the snap and his man beat him to the outside to seal off the block. (gain of 3).
6th play, 3rd and 8, pass to Rodgers got 7 yds. He missed Pascal and Hilton wide open down the field.  Had plenty of time to throw.
7th play, 4th and 1, missed field goal.

 

Offense 2nd Series
8th play, 1st and 10, starting at close to 10 yard line (backed up), run to left side for 10+ yd. gain.
9th play, 1st and 10, corner blitz, instead of going to the receiver, he went to Mack, but still gained 14 yrds.  Good play.
10th play, 1st and 10, everyone was covered, and Jacoby took off running to his left.  After he started running, he had Doyle wide open on his left for an easy first down.  Gain of 6yds.
11th play, 2nd and 4, Mack runs to the left, got bottled up inside, loss of 1.
12th play, 3rd and 5, looks like a LB blitz to JB's left, which left Campbell uncovered.  Also Doyle was open but pressure got there quick.
13th play, 4th and 9, 51 yd. punt, 2 yd. return.

Play 10

https://ibb.co/myRwqZg

 

Play 12

https://ibb.co/qdhSDdD

https://ibb.co/rwSYMCz

https://ibb.co/z5Z22HC

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Good stuff.... buy the ALL 22's and post video

 

At least it will back you what you said

he's posted some screen shots via link above. superman posted some captures as well. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Where is Chloe and the gang to dispute all these facts? This can be right!:dunno:

Where was everyone at that bashes JB after JB tore Houston apart? 2 can play at this game. By the way Denver has a great defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am maybe the most reasonable poster on here when it comes to seeing both sides to everything with JB. For some reason there are a few on here who criticize JB and think it is fine but give him little credit (ok that is fine, I am reasonable again) but when some state facts why JB is above average or good they have a problem with it. It works both ways people. Do you guys that are critical of JB ever have 1 positive thing to say about the guy? I am starting to wonder. I say critical things about JB so I am fair about it but also point out good things about him. I am not seeing that from some of the better posters on here even.

 

Examples:

 

The Bad

JB is missing WR's downfield

JB Y/A is below average

JB doesn't throw for alot of yards

JB will never be as good as Andrew Luck

-Guess what I agree with all of that.

 

The great

JB has a 14/3 TD's to INT ratio

JB has that clutch gene

JB's team is 5-2

JB's efficiency in the redzone is great

-Guess what that is all true.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Where was everyone at that bashes JB after JB tore Houston apart? 2 can play at this game. By the way Denver has a great defense.

I was very complimentary. I even called it that he's have an awesome game :goodluck:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EastStreet said:

I was very complimentary. I even called it that he's have an awesome game :goodluck:

You did, I already said you did. You are reasonable IMO. You said he would have a great game vs Houston :thmup:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You did, I already said you did. You are reasonable IMO. You said he would have a great game vs Houston :thmup:

I know you did brother. I was so stoked after that game, and a little let down this week as I though it might be a turning point. Really wanted him to do well (QBR wise, not really big yards) vs a good pass D.

 

I'm looking up stats on the match up for this weekend now. I think JB might have another good one. Not done yet, so not making an Amazing Kreskin prediction just let, but like some of what I see. Might post the stats a little later or tomorrow. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I know you did brother. I was so stoked after that game, and a little let down this week as I though it might be a turning point. Really wanted him to do well (QBR wise, not really big yards) vs a good pass D.

 

I'm looking up stats on the match up for this weekend now. I think JB might have another good one. Not done yet, so not making an Amazing Kreskin prediction just let, but like some of what I see. Might post the stats a little later or tomorrow. 

This game coming up has me concerned because playing at Pitt is always tough. We are also due for a loss. Their season is on the line at 3-4 because the Ravens are in their division.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, compuls1v3 said:

Or you can get the trial for yourself. This is hard work. Im doing it when I have time.  I dont have the tools for video posting but as previously stated, Ive posted some picture links corresponding to my descriptions.

Thanks for the thread by the way, I got a kick out of your play by play. Great stuff.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually agree with you about the negative posts regarding JB.  I am also tired of the posts comparing him to Andrew, "if we had Andrew we are 6-0, "if Andrew was still here we would have won" if Andrew decides to come back next year, what do we do?  We have a QB that is capable of winning the big prize.  In my opinion, its up to Ballard to provide him the tools.  I realize this is redundant,  but Ballard really missed it by not trading for Emanuel Sanders

48 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am maybe the most reasonable poster on here when it comes to seeing both sides to everything with JB. For some reason there are a few on here who criticize JB and think it is fine (ok that is fine, I am reasonable again) but when some state facts why JB is above average or good they have a problem with it. It works both ways people. Do you guys that are critical of JB ever have 1 positive thing to say about the guy? I am starting to wonder. I say critical things about JB so I am fair about it but also point out good things about him. I am not seeing that from some of the better posters on here even.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This game coming up has me concerned because playing at Pitt is always tough. We are also due for a loss. Their season is on the line at 3-4 because the Ravens are in their division.

Their O stinks, their D is very average this year. I expect them to defend us like every other team has. If their O gets on a streak, JB will need to be more than a game manager. 

 

But... on paper we should win this one. Even Vegas has us as a -1 favorite on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Their O stinks, their D is very average this year. I expect them to defend us like every other team has. If their O gets on a streak, JB will need to be more than a game manager. 

 

But... on paper we should win this one. Even Vegas has us as a -1 favorite on the road.

We should win but I never put nothing past them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We should win but I never put nothing past them. 

But we are playing in their house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

JB has that clutch gene

 

This definitely can't be put in the "true" column yet. 

 

Has he made some good/very good plays? - Yes

 

Was the the play at the end of the Denver game a "clutch" play? - I think so

 

Would I consider him a "clutch QB" (or having "the clutch gene")? Guess it depends on how you define it, but IMO he does not have nearly enough of what I would personally consider "elite big plays" to be in that category of QBs who I would say were "clutch QBs".

 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am maybe NOT the most reasonable poster on here when it comes to seeing both sides to everything with JB.

 

There are many posters who are more unbiased when it comes to JB.  I don't think you can call yourself the "most reasonable poster" in reference to JB when you are already saying he has "the clutch gene".

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am maybe the most reasonable poster on here when it comes to seeing both sides to everything with JB. For some reason there are a few on here who criticize JB and think it is fine but give him little credit (ok that is fine, I am reasonable again) but when some state facts why JB is above average or good they have a problem with it. It works both ways people. Do you guys that are critical of JB ever have 1 positive thing to say about the guy? I am starting to wonder. I say critical things about JB so I am fair about it but also point out good things about him. I am not seeing that from some of the better posters on here even.

 

Examples:

 

The Bad

JB is missing WR's downfield

JB Y/A is below average

JB doesn't throw for alot of yards

JB will never be as good as Andrew Luck

-Guess what I agree with all of that.

 

The great

JB has a 14/3 TD's to INT ratio

JB has that clutch gene

JB's team is 5-2

JB's efficiency in the redzone is great

-Guess what that is all true.

I'd like to think I challenge you a bit on this.   :D

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, esmort said:

 

 

Would I consider him a "clutch QB" (or having "the clutch gene")? Guess it depends on how you define it, but IMO he does not have nearly enough of what I would personally consider "elite big plays" to be in that category of QBs who I would say were "clutch QBs".

 

 

There are many posters who are more unbiased when it comes to JB.  I don't think you can call yourself the "most reasonable poster" in reference to JB when you are already saying he has "the clutch gene".

Of course "clutch" can't be a proven fact at this point, but he's been pretty cool in important times of some games.  If you'd have to lean towards <Not Clutch> or <Clutch> the arrow would currently be pointing towards <Clutch>.   That arrow may swing at any time.

 

With your thinking, we also shouldn't say that "JB will never be as good as Andrew Luck" either because we don't know yet.    I also know where that arrow is pointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Where was everyone at that bashes JB after JB tore Houston apart? 2 can play at this game. By the way Denver has a great defense.

Missed my point entirely. Many were saying there were no open receivers and it is being pointed out, and yes against a good defense. And by the way you have never heard me or anyone else but maybe a few ever BASH JB after any game. Most are just trying to point out a few flaws and places he need to improve if we want to get to the promised land, that's all. No one wants him to succeed anymore than I do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...