Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Very,very Sad News For Me, My Momma Passed Away...

LJpalmbeacher2

...this morning. She would have been 92 in May. If anyone was good enough to go to heaven, it was my momma. I don.t think anyone ever said one bad word about her. It may sound like a foolish thing to say about somone over 90 BUT it came as such a shock when I discovered her in bed today. The saddest day I will ever have, I will never get over this.

I was a little down about the recent developments for my colts(her hometown was Baltimore) but was still excited & lookong forward to our future with Luck. But man did we get a perspective of what really is most dear to us today.

I already miss her so much.

I didn't know if I should share all this with everyone,especially since I re-joined this forum recently but I feel like I know some of you from your posts. So I decided to share.

Anyway, life goes on & hopefully our Colts will go on with much success.

You have my sympathies. I lost my mother at 90 almost 2 years ago, and I promise you that it does slowly get easier. I just count myself lucky that she was around for so long. Many don't have that blessing. So many good memories to think about - I see that you have them too. Hang in there.

It is so difficult to articulate & encapsulate the influence & legacy of our mothers & the crucial role they played in molding their children into responsible, caring adults that our parents would ultimately be proud of.

She took care of you when you were ill, she encouraged you when you were depressed & doubted your God given talents, & she always knew just what to say to make you smile, laugh, & carry on through the dark & gloomy times.

Mothers are the unsung heroes of sacrifice in this world. God Bless your mother, family, & friends during this unsettling time...May you find peace & comfort in the positive memories & redeeming impact she left on everyone around her.

LJ, your post really hit home for me.

Three years ago, I was the only at my father's bedside when he passed away. That was a day that I am still trying to forget, but I know I never will.

I am now the main caregiver for my mother who will soon be 91. I realize that the odds are much, much greater that she will pass before I do; but I dread the thought of that day and can't even imagine how hard it was for you to be the one to find your mother.

I am glad that you shared with us not only because it does help one put things into perspective. But, also because much like you, I have come to think of many of the members here as great friends and am glad that you share that same feeling of camaraderie.

My heart goes out to you and my thoughts, tears, and prayers are with you and your family.

I wish there was no 'like' limit. I would like every post on this topic just in thanks to everyone who took the two seconds out of their time to care for someone they've never even met. I have a great deal more respect for many members on this forum now, and I appreciate each and every one of you who commented.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I would personally like to see more bootlegs, and more throws on the run. AR is SO good at that.   Especially since they love playing out of shotgun so much.         
    • Army is playing mistake free football, very impressive so far. One of a handful of unbeaten Group of 5 schools.
    • Quick listing of my top defensive players after 4 weeks.  Enjoy and time to enjoy the weekend.     2025 NFL Draft DL/Edge LDEdge Jared Ivey (Ole Miss) 6’6” 285 pounds NT Rene Konga (Louisville) 6’4” 290 pounds RDEdge Princely Umanmielen (Ole’ Miss) 6’4” 255 pounds Edge/LB David Walker (Central Arkansas) 6’2” 260 pounds Edge/LOLB Josaiah Stewart (Michigan) NT/DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss) – 6’4” 290 pounds LDEdge Ashton Gillotte (Louisville) 6’3” 275 pounds LDEdge Jack Sawyer (OSU) 6’4” 265 pounds DT 3-tech Tyleik Williams (OSU) 6’3” 327 pounds 3- 4 RDT Vernon Broughton (Texas) 6’4” 305-pounds DT-3T T.J. Sanders (South Carolina) 6’4” 290 pounds RDEdge Tyler Baron Miami (FL) 6’5” 260 pounds DT Rayshaun Benny (Michigan) 6’4” 296   2025 NFL Draft LBs MLB/OLB Jay Higgins (Iowa) WLB Eric Gentry (USC) 6’6” SLB Justin Whiteside (Central Michigan) 6’0” 220-pounds Edge/LB Collin Oliver (Oklahoma St) 6’2” 240 pounds MLB Bryce Boettcher (Oregon) 6’2” 225 pounds JACK-LB / RDEdge Jalen McLeod (Auburn) 6’1” 236 pounds MLB Daveren Rayner (Kentucky) 6’2” 217-pounds - Rayner only played 3 games in a backup role but leads the defense with an 85.1 overall season grade. MLB Marlowe Wax (Syracuse) 6’1” 236 pounds Sting LB Deontae Lawson (Alabama) 6’2” 239 pounds WLB Smael Mondon Jr (Georgia) MLB Francisco “kiko” Mauigoa Miami (FL) 6’3” 230 pounds WLB Barryn Sorrell (Texas) 6’4” 260 pounds Rover LB Karene Reid (Utah) MLB Carson Bruener (Washington) 6’2” 226 pounds   2025 NFL Draft DBs RCB Jermari Harris (Iowa) 6’1” 189-pounds FS/STAR Jahdae Barron (Texas) RCB Shavon Revel (East Carolina) 6’3” 193 pounds LCB/WR Travis Hunter (Colorado) FS J.J. Roberts (Marhsall) 5’11” 184-pounds SS Nick Emmanwori (S. Carolina) LCB Will Johnson (Michigan) FS Xavier Watts (ND) - much improved tackling hasn't missed after 4 weeks. SS Lathan Ransom (OSU) RCB Jason Marshall Jr. (Florida) LCB Tommi Hill (Nebraska) LCB A’Marion McCoy (Boise State) SS Keon Sabb (Alabama) LCB Denzel Burke (OSU)
    • Once again running out time to put out a complete list of both offense and defensive players and where I have them ranked among their peers.  Common theme from original pre-college Week 1 many of the top players are not even listed or have fallen sharply after around 4 weeks of playing.    2025 NFL Draft QBs Cam Ward - Miami (FL) - Ward’s 3x300 games in a row have earned him 3-straight 90.0+ passing grades.  Jaxson Dart (MISS)  Diego Pavia (Vandy) - after 4 weeks and is R2 in the SEC ahead of Ewers, Manning, Milroe, Nussmeier, and Carson Beck.  Thrown 6 TDs no INTs, recovered 3 teammate fumbles. Ben Wooldridge (Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns) Noah Fiftia (Arizona)  KJ Jefferson (UCF) Tyler Shough (Louisville)  Cam Miller (NDST) Kyle McCord (Syracuse)   2025 NFL Draft OL LG Michael McAninch (Air Force) - After 3 weeks has a 91.7 overall season grade with a 92.4 RB grade.  Proved he can hold up to Baylor didn’t allow any QB pressure. RT Tyler Needham (Rutgers) 6’4” 306-pounds – After 3 weeks been dominant.  On 48 PB snaps only given up 1 QB hurry. LT/RT/OG Grey Zabel (North Dakota State) RT Lucas Scott (Army) 6’3” 305-pounds – After 3 weeks has an 85.2 RB grade.  Figure the Army trains more hand-to-hand combat and could be decent in PB game as well. LG Joshua Gray (Oregon State) LG Donovan Jackson (OSU) - good to see Jackson play again and display his dominance in his return to action. OT Wyatt Milum (West Virginia) RG Luke Kandra (Cincinnati) RG Tate Ratledge (Georgia LT Kelvin Banks Jr (Texas) LG Dylan Fairchild (Georgia) LT Percy Lewis (Auburn) 6’7” 355-pounds – After 4 weeks on 85 snaps has a 78.5 grade as a backup. OC Jake Slaughter (Florida) LT Josh Simmons (OSU)   2025 NFL Draft RBs RB/WR-KR Brashard Smith (Southern Methodist) 5’10” 196 pounds - Smith already has 17 missed tackles, 3rd most among all college RBs. RB Ashton Jeanty (Boise St) 5’9” 215-pounds  RB Quinshon Judkins (OSU) 6’0 219-pounds RB Jonah Coleman (Washington) RB RJ Harvey (UCF) 5’9” 208-pounds RB Ja’Quinden Jackson (Arkansas) 6’2” 233-pounds – Issues fumbling RB Treveyon Henderson (OSU) 5’10” 208 pounds RB Devin Neal (Kansas) 5’11” 215 pounds RB Omarion Hampton (UNC) 6’0” 220 pounds RB Nicholas Singleton (PSU) 6’0” 227 pounds RB Jo’Quavious “Woody” Marks (USC) 5’10 208-pounds   2025 NFL Draft WRs WR-Z Tai Felton (Maryland) WR-X Tre Harris (Mississippi) WR-X Ricky White (UNLV) WR-SL Nick Nash (San Jose State) WR-X Tetairoa McMillian (Arizona) WR-Z Kobe Hudson (UCF) WR-SL Kaedin Robinson (App St) WR-SL Xavier Restrepo Miami (FL) WR-X Andrew Armstrong (Arkansas) WR-M/ST PR-KR Jaylin Noel (Iowa St) WR-X Jayden Higgins (Iowa St) WR-Y Emeka Egbuka (OSU)   2025 NFL Draft TE TE Harold Fannin Jr. (Bowling Green) - outproduced rest of TE class against top 25 ranked teams and single-handedly beat PSU.  Prior to week 4 R1 I total yards (204) and YAC with 131. TE Tyler Warren (PSU) TE Jalin Conyers (Texas Tech) - After 3 weeks has an 83.7 overall PFF grade and with Texas Tech excelling in run-blocking. TE Brant Kuithe (Utah) TE/WR Oronde Gadsden II (Syracuse) TE Colston Loveland (Michigan) TE Terrance Ferguson (Oregon) TE Jake Briningstool (Clemson)
  • Members

• jal8908

jal8908 0

Rookie
    • Colt.45

Colt.45 2,489

• lincolndefan

lincolndefan 93

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,926

• Colts1324

Colts1324 1,081