Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Detectacon

Wilson out due to “depth” of roster?

3 minutes ago, Detectacon said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/4087793002

What does this even mean? 
The trade deadline has passed. Does anyone think a trade fell through? Is something else going on here? 

I'm guessing that they felt they had enough DB muscle to defend Denver, who is bottom 10 in passing yards per game. Just like they likely left Cain inactive as they new they weren't going to throw it a lot vs Denver's pass D, and certainly not long. Cain runs more deep routes than anyone, less slot routes than any WR (we ran a high proportion of possession pass plays), and the largest part of our passing game plan was short to medium. Aside from the broken play to TY, we didn't have a pass play with more than 16 yards the entire game.

It means that Wilson likely has the rest of this season to prove he deserves a spot on this roster. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Four2itus said:

It means that Wilson likely has the rest of this season to prove he deserves a spot on this roster. 

Will he magically get good between now and then......? 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lollygagger8 said:

Will he magically get good between now and then......? 

giphy.gif

He just needs more time to develop. shirt laundry GIF

• Haha 2

It means that UDFAs and/or late round draft picks are beating him out of his PT.  He has/had no trade value.

• Like 4

Taylor didn’t play any defensive snaps but I believe he played special teams. They probably wanted him for slot Incase Kenny went down. Reich and Eberflus have both said it’s the guys who practice the best  who will play.  It’s still weird to me with Desir out.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Taylor didn’t play any defensive snaps but I believe he played special teams. They probably wanted him for slot Incase Kenny went down. Reich and Eberflus have both said it’s the guys who practice the best  who will play.  It’s still weird to me with Desir out.

Don’t overthink it. It’s a benching. Whether it’s for on the field play, issues with “practicing and being a pro”, or a combination of the two, Wilson has been benched by his 2nd coaching staff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Don’t overthink it. It’s a benching. Whether it’s for on the field play, issues with “practicing and being a pro”, or a combination of the two, Wilson has been benched by his 2nd coaching staff.

sure does appear that way.  He gone I think this off season

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I agree. There is no other way to say it.  With Desir out you don’t sit him out. 

17 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I have to agree, Desir was out and he still couldn't make the gameday squad.  Probaby won't be with the team next year.  

I suppose that means we can count Wilson as one of Ballard's few busts.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I have to agree, Desir was out and he still couldn't make the gameday squad.  Probaby won't be with the team next year.  

I suppose that means we can count Wilson as one of Ballard's few busts.

image.png.91040c9c48b835e7a7246b1da6a6cb4d.png

• Haha 3

I just hope this jabroni doesn’t go on to become a great player once he leaves. 

I offered to drive Tim Jennings to the airport daily for a long time there for a stretch, and then he went to the Bears and became a great player for them. 

Life ain’t fair. 

16 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I just hope this jabroni doesn’t go on to become a great player once he leaves. 

I offered to drive Tim Jennings to the airport daily for a long time there for a stretch, and then he went to the Bears and became a great player for them. 

Life ain’t fair. 

Jennings was no more than solid in 4 of his 6 years as a Bear.
 One big year in 2012, and a good one in 2013. And you can bet the Bears Team D was a big part of his short lived success.

Maybe we can trade Wilson for Mariotta, or Bortles. MANY 1st round draft picks just don't ever play to their draft slot. 
When a Tell, Milligan, Taylor get a shot and become good players, we can get excited about them. It evens out when you scout and draft smart.

Ballard's quote about Wilson essentially being a gamer, something along the lines of "...no matter what he just shows up in games" made me wonder about his practice habits. Especially under a coach like Flus who's all about maximum effort, no loafs, etc.

I actually think he could be decent in another environment, under a more lax coach (not that that's a good thing). Probably more man based scheme.