Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leveon Bell?


Recommended Posts

I'd love it.  Nothing against Mack, but Bell takes that running game up a whole nother order of magnitude. 

 

The only question is how much life Bell has left in his body as he is getting older as RBs go and has a lot of mileage on him.  Still probably worth the risk if the price is fair.

Link to post
Share on other sites

NO.... Obviously not going to happen. Not even close. Colts with Ballard don’t make those kind of moves. With Ballard track record the Colts don’t make any moves besides maybe trading away a player to grab a couple extra picks.

 

Honesty the Texans seem to be going all in this season. I’m not sure they have any more assists to give up besides a player but I could see the Texans trading for Bell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

I'd love it.  Nothing against Mack, but Bell takes that running game up a whole nother order of magnitude. 

 

The only question is how much life Bell has left in his body as he is getting older as RBs go and has a lot of mileage on him.  Still probably worth the risk if the price is fair.

 

You'd love it.  Fine and fair as you are not alone.

 

But really, what are the odds that Ballard would pay the salary and draft capital it would take to get him?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jskinnz said:

 

You'd love it.  Fine and fair as you are not alone.

 

But really, what are the odds that Ballard would pay the salary and draft capital it would take to get him?

 

I don't know.  I don't know what he thinks it would take to put this team over the top.

 

We have the cap space, and the very high salary would reduce the talent cost.  Using cap space in this way to cut down other costs is a form of efficiency other GMs exploit to better their football teams.

 

I'm not saying definitely gonna happen, but it's hard to argue he wouldn't make us better, and we have every resource we need to make the move.  It all comes down to what Ballard and Irsay think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

NO.... Obviously not going to happen. Not even close. Colts with Ballard don’t make those kind of moves. With Ballard track record the Colts don’t make any moves besides maybe trading away a player to grab a couple extra picks.

 

Honesty the Texans seem to be going all in this season. I’m not sure they have any more assists to give up besides a player but I could see the Texans trading for Bell.

Ballard's track record goes back exactly 2 years.  During those 2 years he had to completely overhaul a bad, broken roster left behind by Grigson, sort out the trash and save the treasure while trying to frantically redevelop a dozen different positions at once.

 

This is now a completely different situation.  Things aren't perfect, but they've stabilized and we have a good young roster.  We are now competing for trophies, or at least in a position to potentially do so. 

 

Different situations require a different style of management.  This situation looks like it favors a certain aggression.  I wonder if Ballard will make the transition, or if he sees it completely differently than I do. 

 

Either way he's done a great job so far and he earns the benefit of the doubt, but I doubt he sits on picks like Smaug in his mountain with his roster already mostly built and just needing a bit of polish here and there.  If he sees an efficient move to make the team more competitive over the next 2-3 years I bet he pounces on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets are a terrible franchise.  I can't believe they thought Bell would put them over the top.  And if they didn't think that, why in Sam Hill would you pay him? 

 

Now they want to dump him.  I ain't the best football mind on the planet, but I could have saved them some trouble there if they'd a asked me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Ballard's track record goes back exactly 2 years.  During those 2 years he had to completely overhaul a bad, broken roster left behind by Grigson, sort out the trash and save the treasure while trying to frantically redevelop a dozen different positions at once.

 

This is now a completely different situation.  Things aren't perfect, but they've stabilized and we have a good young roster.  We are now competing for trophies, or at least in a position to potentially do so. 

 

Different situations require a different style of management.  This situation looks like it favors a certain aggression.  I wonder if Ballard will make the transition, or if he sees it completely differently than I do. 

 

Either way he's done a great job so far and he earns the benefit of the doubt, but I doubt he sits on picks like Smaug in his mountain with his roster already mostly built and just needing a bit of polish here and there.  If he sees an efficient move to make the team more competitive over the next 2-3 years I bet he pounces on it.

 

I know his track record doesn’t go back too far. He has spoke about and has proven how much he values picks. In my opinion he grabs even more picks, doesn’t trade for anyone, The Colts still do well, and you have an extra pick or two to possibly draft a difference maker. I just believe Ballard is going to continue down that path.

 

I personally would love for them to grab a Pass Rusher or Defensive Tackle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

NO.... Obviously not going to happen. Not even close. Colts with Ballard don’t make those kind of moves. With Ballard track record the Colts don’t make any moves besides maybe trading away a player to grab a couple extra picks.

 

Honesty the Texans seem to be going all in this season. I’m not sure they have any more assists to give up besides a player but I could see the Texans trading for Bell.

 

35 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I hope the Texans trade a lot for Bell

 

10 minutes ago, JediXMan said:


Texans really gunning for 0 2020 draft picks lol.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Nickster said:

The Jets are a terrible franchise.  I can't believe they thought Bell would put them over the top.  And if they didn't think that, why in Sam Hill would you pay him? 

 

Now they want to dump him.  I ain't the best football mind on the planet, but I could have saved them some trouble there if they'd a asked me.

 

Different GM, and reportedly the coach didn't want Bell from jump. So not surprising that they'd be pulling the cord on him... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

It all comes down to what Ballard and Irsay think.

Well, this thread is about what fans think. Personally, I feel exactly how I did when a thread about him coming to Indy started in the offseason. 

 

I have the rumblings of a chuckle, right on the edge of going into fully belly grind. Why?

 

-Too expensive

-Too little production

-The complete opposite of the locker room fit Ballard has not only described, but his track record confirms

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

I love Mack but come on now Bell with our line would be leading the league in rushing 

Bell isn't what he used to be. he's gotten a lot of mileage and his play has suffered. No way I'm trading for that if I'm Ballard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

I don't know.  I don't know what he thinks it would take to put this team over the top.

 

We have the cap space, and the very high salary would reduce the talent cost.  Using cap space in this way to cut down other costs is a form of efficiency other GMs exploit to better their football teams.

 

I'm not saying definitely gonna happen, but it's hard to argue he wouldn't make us better, and we have every resource we need to make the move.  It all comes down to what Ballard and Irsay think.

 

He could have had Bell for just the salary and elected not to pursue him in free agency.  For a trade I say this with 100% certainty - Bell will not be on the Colts.  

 

And I think the argument that Bell makes the Colts appreciably better is not a fact.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I love Mack but come on now Bell with our line would be leading the league in rushing 

 

Maybe 2016 Bell... I think he's done. His ability to get big plays went away a couple years ago and it doesn't look like it's coming back. 

 

And I think Mack has shown a lot of improvement this season. Account for the money and the age, and I don't think I would trade Mack for Bell straight up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Superman said:

 

Maybe 2016 Bell... I think he's done. His ability to get big plays went away a couple years ago and it doesn't look like it's coming back. 

 

And I think Mack has shown a lot of improvement this season. Account for the money and the age, and I don't think I would trade Mack for Bell straight up.

I wouldnt either I want both lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Superman said:

 

Different GM, and reportedly the coach didn't want Bell from jump. So not surprising that they'd be pulling the cord on him... 

 

So the GM was fired after he signed Bell?  Before the season started?  Or did they already fire the guy?  Wow.  Just think.  We could all be Jets fans.  Totally incompetent organization.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nickster said:

 

So the GM was fired after he signed Bell?  Before the season started?  Or did they already fire the guy?  Wow.  Just think.  We could all be Jets fans.  Totally incompetent organization.

 

Yes, the GM got fired in May/June. Look at it this way, they fired him and hired the next guy six months early. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i think he could be great here, but if they were not interested when he was a free agent they are not going to trade for him now

 

if it were up to me i would have passed on funchess and signed bell.  he got a big contract but its not insane 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Superman said:

 

Maybe 2016 Bell... I think he's done. His ability to get big plays went away a couple years ago and it doesn't look like it's coming back. 

 

And I think Mack has shown a lot of improvement this season. Account for the money and the age, and I don't think I would trade Mack for Bell straight up.

Mack looks  pretty under paid right now.  he was second in carries over the first six games

 

he seems like a candidate for an early extension, considering how running backs are holding out around the league and hes on a 4th round contract

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, IinD said:

Not this thread again :)

 

Where's the Antonio Brown thread to make it feel like summer 2019 again?

Priceless.

 

But to anyone who actually believes Bell is worth his salary, please know we have a spot saved for you at the next Looney Toons convention. It speaks volumes about the Jets' management that they actually believed Bell was going to be a stud on their team. On a team like the Pats? OK. Maybe. On the Colts, or for that matter, most any other team? Less likely. On the Jets? No chance. And paying him all that money? What a mess of an organization. They made the big splash, and now they're all out of cash.

 

All this said, Bell was a fabulous football player in Pittsburgh.Was. But he's going nowhere in NY, and he'll likely fade away after his guaranteed money is paid.  Yes, he's laughing his way to the bank, but the Steelers are thrilled that he didn't take their offer; and the football world is hardly noticing he's still playing. Such is the life of a running back in the NFL. Which is why you don't sign them to a big money, long term contract, no matter how good they were in their first few years. The sad truth: a RB rarely makes it through that second contract. The shelf life is just too short. The odds of a serious injury are just too high. The investment simply isn't worth it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...