Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL.COM Rankings

Dingus McGirt

4 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Ranked behind two teams that the colts have beat, but the two losses are against teams that belong in a dumpster.

Herd had the colts at 9 last week and out this week after a win. He has the Texans at 6th. It’s all Watson being the QB. He still has KC at ten despite 3 out of 4 losses. The funny one is the cowboys being off of his top ten last week and this week they are 5 after having a bye. These power rankings really only look at which teams have stars.

27 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Interesting how the write up includes a “suspect horse collar” penalty. Sounds a 

little bias to me. But given the ranking of the Colts by the writer all year, par for the course.

Everything we do will be lucky this year. It's sad really.

We could potentially have the franchise LITERALLY retire and still make the playoffs and it'll be seen as lucky.

59 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I seriously dont get why the media loves the texans so much. They cant even beat us in a meaningful game

The'exciting' QB. 

JB is very reserved. They like the Baker Mayfield types. 

They'd love us if we imploded.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

I seriously dont get why the media loves the texans so much. They cant even beat us in a meaningful game

Yeah they were ready to jump on as soon as Watson started playing good. Safe to say texans are the AFC south media darlings. Crazy. Just crazy. 

1 hour ago, GoColts00 said:

So we beat the Texans and then beat the #4 Defense (Broncos) but the Texans are still ranked higher.. haha

This is billboard material inside the Colts locker room or it's printed on the toilet paper. Maybe both

Im sure reich will. Something like we're the second seeded team in the conference, beaten teams people think are better then us and they still dont respect us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Circumstances. Missed kicks in one and down 14 before we can even blink

I'm just saying, beat two good teams and lose to two terrible teams, it seems that being ranked right in the middle of the league seems about right .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Interesting how the write up includes a “suspect horse collar” penalty. Sounds a 

little bias to me. But given the ranking of the Colts by the writer all year, par for the course.

Somewhat unfair, as if you listen to more of his work he's generally quite pro-Colts. Not sure I agreed with the rankings themselves but that's the nature of these beasts. Power ranking have always been a bit of an exercise in futility IMO.

You could justify having the Chiefs higher than us.  They where lacking their top receivers in that game and our corners where basically able to win man to man match-ups.  

They where also lacking some OL

Their top receiver has returned and if they get their OL back and Mahomes returns they could be a force.

Don't understand how the Texans get in ahead of us given that they where I believe fairly healthy and just lost JJ Watt for the season.  

17 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

honestly I thought that horsecollar penalty was kinda suspect myself.

4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

The PFT one from yesterday summed us up pretty well:

Good enough to beat the good teams, but not good enough to not lose to the bad teams. 

I think that's a very good way to put it. Weirdly it feels like this has been a bug bear of the team for a while now, traversing different FOs and coaching staffs. 

17 hours ago, CR91 said:

Because they have a good team with a franchise QB who is playing very well right now. Anything can happen in a single game. Just like the Raiders and Chargers beat us, even though we are probably better team than they are. 

23 hours ago, John Waylon said:

The PFT one from yesterday summed us up pretty well:

Good enough to beat the good teams, but not good enough to not lose to the bad teams. 

One thing to keep in mind is that the Colts are gaining experience for most of the young players and as a result are building depth and continuity.

Most starters (including Brissett) are getting better but some aren’t playing as well as we’ve seen them play in the past.

I do know we’ve seen individual players make incredible plays, across the board.

I suspect we’ll see their position in these power polls fluctuate and hopefully rise steadily. But as many have said, it really means nothing.

• Like 1