Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
HOZER

Experience at game yesterday vs Broncos

Recommended Posts

In contrast, watching the Stros dominating Washington with two out in the bottom of the ninth the hometown fans stayed until the last out. Maybe those Colts "fans" are having trouble accepting JB as the new kid in town. "some broken hearts never heal."  :violin:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I hate anyone that left early. No excuse when youre only down 1 with over a min to go

I can't say I hate them (hates a strong word lol) but I'm with you, they aren't much of a fan to leave games early and give up on the team like that. I went to the KC playoff game few yrs ago and seen ALOT of so-called Colts fans leaving at half time. Irked me seeing fans give up hope/support of the team. The 12th man can make a huge difference to close out a close game. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, King Colt said:

In contrast, watching the Stros dominating Washington with two out in the bottom of the ninth the hometown fans stayed until the last out. Maybe those Colts "fans" are having trouble accepting JB as the new kid in town. "some broken hearts never heal."  :violin:

 

I certainly wouldn’t consider this scientific evidence, but I’ve yet to run into a Colts fan who has had a negative word to say about Jacoby.  And I’ve had dozens such conversations since Luck’s announcement.

 

I’ve heard people say they think we’d be better with Luck.  And that’s certainly understandable.  But nobody who was down about Jacoby.

 

I suspect people were leaving because it looked like a loss and the team just didn’t play their best game yesterday.

 

Fans do those sorts of things, and often regret it.  I know a Cardinals fan who left Busch Stadium in the middle of the 8th inning of Game 6 of the 2011 World Series — the Rangers were up 3 games to 2 and led the game 7-4.

 

He said he just couldn’t bear to watch his beloved team lose the WS at home.  He’s never stopped kicking himself ever since.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beowulf ( My Quaker Parrot, number 1.8 ) and I have been rabid Colts fans since the day the Colts arrived in Indy. If I could stay dedicated through so many lean years, I sure am not going to ,lose faith now !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR91 said:

I hate anyone that left early. No excuse when youre only down 1 with over a min to go

It doesn't bother me much.   I figure they deserved what they got.   Today they are telling people that they made a dumb decision and left early.   Ha ha.

I've left early when they were getting blown out.   I'd never leave when the game was as close as yesterdays was.   Did the team look as bad in person as it did on TV (who would know).   I know I was flipping to the Bears/ Chargers games from time to time because the Colts looked so bad in every way.   The game redeemed itself a bit with some good plays and game winning FG, but watching it on TV was pretty brutal.   I walked out a few times (usually to get a beer).

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We probably won because you closed your eyes. :thmup:

 

Glad you got to experience a win! (No matter how ugly.) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jchandler7 said:

I can't say I hate them (hates a strong word lol) but I'm with you, they aren't much of a fan to leave games early and give up on the team like that. I went to the KC playoff game few yrs ago and seen ALOT of so-called Colts fans leaving at half time. Irked me seeing fans give up hope/support of the team. The 12th man can make a huge difference to close out a close game. 

I was at that game.  People who left missed a game for the ages.  I swear the concrete was shaking under my feet and you could feel the vibration from the "Sound" in your chest.  Yesterday wasn't quite that spectacular but it shows you shouldn't leave early.  What you going to do, go sit in traffic lol!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HOZER said:

I was given tickets to the game yesterday as a very nice Birthday gift. I went into Lucas feeling pretty confident that we would easily beat this this team, and that the Trap game stuff I read on here was just crazy talk.
 

After the first Field goal miss and as our offense began to struggle against a very good Broncos Defense, I started to get nervous.  When they scored after halftime I really started to get a bad feeling.

 

The last 3-4 games I’ve been to, they’ve lost, really was starting to get a complex, lol. By the middle of the fourth, some fans were starting to lose faith and shuffle out to beat traffic. The thought never crossed my mind to leave early, but I was having a hard time staying positive and cheering for the team and making noise while the Broncos offense was on the field.
 

Then I looked over at my 9 yr old son. He never lost faith, was screaming off the top of his lungs and saying, “WIN FOR DADDY, WIN FOR DADDY,” lol! That was awesome and got me fired up, then Brissett shrugs off Miller and makes the amazing throw to TY!!! Not going to lie, I shut my eyes when Vinny was kicking the eventual game winner, so glad he redeemed himself with that kick!!!! What a emotional roller coaster of a birthday gift, but thanks Colts!!!!!! 

 

Moral of my rant, NEVER LOSE FAITH, at least during a close game!!!!!

 

GO COLTS!!!!:rock::colts:

Happy belated birthday Hozer! You're not a jinx buddy trust me. I like it when regulars on here give us a first hand account of their LOS experiences or personal experiences really. I say that because it give readers your genuine emotions & recollections of what you remember--The sights, the sounds, the smells, the trepidation, & the euphoria of the final victory. Kudos to your son for never giving up on INDY & let's be honest saying "win for daddy" does pull at a person's heart strings whether a fan is a parent or not man. Very cool my man. 

 

I enjoyed reading your thread Hozer & I respect you even more for being so honest about your INDY game day memories. I'm glad your birthday went so well for you & your son. Nice. 

 

I was even able to watch this game on my local CBS affiliate TV station too from start to finish. In Wisconsin, I rarely get to watch the Colts play on Sundays since I live in the Green Bay Packers market for the most part. I was so pumped to see the Colts play. Sweet! I could order NFL Game Pass I suppose, but suffice to say, It wasn't in the cards for me this yr. 

 

At any rate, this isn't about me; it's about you & your son. Happy to hear that you & your boy have this fond memory of INDY winning on your birthday buddy. It couldn't happen to a nicer dude! :thmup:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

 

Fans do those sorts of things, and often regret it.

Yeah, I almost went to bed instead of watching the rest of this game.  It was very late and I had to work the next day and we were losing badly.

SO, glad I stayed!

https://www.colts.com/video/top-moments-in-colts-history-the-comeback-in-tampa

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Thorolf said:

Beowulf ( My Quaker Parrot, number 1.8 ) and I have been rabid Colts fans since the day the Colts arrived in Indy. If I could stay dedicated through so many lean years, I sure am not going to ,lose faith now !


That’s one old parrot!  I bet his favorite player is Vinnie.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nadine said:

Yeah, I almost went to bed instead of watching the rest of this game.  It was very late and I had to work the next day and we were losing badly.

SO, glad I stayed!

https://www.colts.com/video/top-moments-in-colts-history-the-comeback-in-tampa

 

 

I did go to bed, had a staff meeting early in the AM.

 

I came into work the next morning assuming the Colts had lost.  Before the meeting began, several people were talking about the game in a way that was...strange.  I made a comment that suggested the Colts had lost and a guy said “You didn’t watch the end, did you?”

 

Talk about mixed feelings - thrilled that the Colts pulled it out, kicking myself for not getting to watch them do it.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, HOZER said:

I was given tickets to the game yesterday as a very nice Birthday gift. I went into Lucas feeling pretty confident that we would easily beat this this team, and that the Trap game stuff I read on here was just crazy talk.
 

After the first Field goal miss and as our offense began to struggle against a very good Broncos Defense, I started to get nervous.  When they scored after halftime I really started to get a bad feeling.

 

The last 3-4 games I’ve been to, they’ve lost, really was starting to get a complex, lol. By the middle of the fourth, some fans were starting to lose faith and shuffle out to beat traffic. The thought never crossed my mind to leave early, but I was having a hard time staying positive and cheering for the team and making noise while the Broncos offense was on the field.
 

Then I looked over at my 9 yr old son. He never lost faith, was screaming off the top of his lungs and saying, “WIN FOR DADDY, WIN FOR DADDY,” lol! That was awesome and got me fired up, then Brissett shrugs off Miller and makes the amazing throw to TY!!! Not going to lie, I shut my eyes when Vinny was kicking the eventual game winner, so glad he redeemed himself with that kick!!!! What a emotional roller coaster of a birthday gift, but thanks Colts!!!!!! 

 

Moral of my rant, NEVER LOSE FAITH, at least during a close game!!!!!

 

GO COLTS!!!!:rock::colts:

Happy belated Birthday boss!! 

 

Your son is awesome, and I'm with you. I didn't want to look when AV kicked that FG! lol 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Happy belated birthday Hozer! You're not a jinx buddy trust me. I like it when regulars on here give us a first hand account of their LOS experiences or personal experiences really. I say that because it give readers your genuine emotions & recollections of what you remember--The sights, the sounds, the smells, the trepidation, & the euphoria of the final victory. Kudos to your son for never giving up on INDY & let's be honest saying "win for daddy" does pull at a person's heart strings whether a fan is a parent or not man. Very cool my man. 

 

I enjoyed reading your thread Hozer & I respect you even more for being so honest about your INDY game day memories. I'm glad your birthday went so well for you & your son. Nice. 

 

I was even able to watch this game on my local CBS affiliate TV station too from start to finish. In Wisconsin, I rarely get to watch the Colts play on Sundays since I live in the Green Bay Packers market for the most part. I was so pumped to see the Colts play. Sweet! I could order NFL Game Pass I suppose, but suffice to say, It wasn't in the cards for me this yr. 

 

At any rate, this isn't about me; it's about you & your son. Happy to hear that you & your boy have this fond memory of INDY winning on your birthday buddy. It couldn't happen to a nicer dude! :thmup:

Thanks my man! Sorry you don’t get all the games up there, that stinks! surely there’s a device out there that can help you stream them online? If you ever get a chance to experience a game at Lucas I highly recommend it, it’s usually a great atmosphere being amongst fellow fans both in and out of the stadium. I will say it didn’t seem as jubilant outside as it has after prior victories, I think it was either people still being in shock over how we won, or maybe still just not over the gut punch Luck gave us. Nevertheless my son and I celebrated, every seat at Lucas had a Free Colts car flag as a gift, we accumulated a few, and were waving those babies high in celebration all the way back to our car!!! It was a great day!

 

2 hours ago, Nadine said:

Yeah, I almost went to bed instead of watching the rest of this game.  It was very late and I had to work the next day and we were losing badly.

SO, glad I stayed!

https://www.colts.com/video/top-moments-in-colts-history-the-comeback-in-tampa

 

 

I remember watching that game, the highs and lows, thinking why am I staying up so late for this torture when I have to be at work at 6am, I couldn’t shut it off.....then the comeback started, I was cheering so loud I woke up everyone in the house,(oops!) How on earth did these guys just make up a 21 point deficit in under 5 minutes!!! It was such a great comeback!

 

18 hours ago, jchandler7 said:

I can't say I hate them (hates a strong word lol) but I'm with you, they aren't much of a fan to leave games early and give up on the team like that. I went to the KC playoff game few yrs ago and seen ALOT of so-called Colts fans leaving at half time. Irked me seeing fans give up hope/support of the team. The 12th man can make a huge difference to close out a close game. 

 

I was at that game as well, surrounded by Chiefs fans that were laughing at the colts fans that were leaving! Felt great to see them in shock when Superman Luck and the boys came back and won the game!!! Man, I have been at some pretty significant Colts games, both highs and lows.....I was also at the 2006 AFC championship game Against the Pats(man what a high!) and at both Manning and Lucks last games as Colts.:Cry:

 

Anyway, thanks all for the bday wishes and hope to see you all at a game someday!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JustAColtsFan said:

I was at that game.  People who left missed a game for the ages.  I swear the concrete was shaking under my feet and you could feel the vibration from the "Sound" in your chest.  Yesterday wasn't quite that spectacular but it shows you shouldn't leave early.  What you going to do, go sit in traffic lol!

Best game I have ever attended. The entire 4th quarter was electric and LOS was rocking. I doubt anybody had a voice left after that game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nadine said:

Yeah, I almost went to bed instead of watching the rest of this game.  It was very late and I had to work the next day and we were losing badly.

SO, glad I stayed!

https://www.colts.com/video/top-moments-in-colts-history-the-comeback-in-tampa

 

I remember watching that game in a bar in Phoenix, with a bunch of co-workers who liked football but could care less about the Colts. We had our own side-room & TV. Everyone left except my girlfriend & 1 co-worker. We were screaming so loud the server ran back to see what was wrong. Good memories!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HOZER said:

I was also at the 2006 AFC championship game Against the Pats

I'll never forget walking out and hearing a 20 something yelling at her boyfriend in front of the dome saying 'we missed that because you wanted to leave, you *'... Lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, the missed field goal would have been blocked - a defensive player jumped over the right Guard and was running unimpeded directly toward His only choice was clunk it to the side.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, fatboy said:

To be fair, the missed field goal would have been blocked - a defensive player jumped over the right Guard and was running unimpeded directly toward His only choice was clunk it to the side.

Just read that breakdown, crazy they got away with it!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Nadine said:

Yeah, I almost went to bed instead of watching the rest of this game.  It was very late and I had to work the next day and we were losing badly.

SO, glad I stayed!

https://www.colts.com/video/top-moments-in-colts-history-the-comeback-in-tampa

 

I recorded that one.

that game, the buffalo snow storm, and the '95 and '06 playoff runs are always on my off-season viewing "set list."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 1:35 PM, HOZER said:

I was given tickets to the game yesterday as a very nice Birthday gift. I went into Lucas feeling pretty confident that we would easily beat this this team, and that the Trap game stuff I read on here was just crazy talk.
 

After the first Field goal miss and as our offense began to struggle against a very good Broncos Defense, I started to get nervous.  When they scored after halftime I really started to get a bad feeling.

 

The last 3-4 games I’ve been to, they’ve lost, really was starting to get a complex, lol. By the middle of the fourth, some fans were starting to lose faith and shuffle out to beat traffic. The thought never crossed my mind to leave early, but I was having a hard time staying positive and cheering for the team and making noise while the Broncos offense was on the field.
 

Then I looked over at my 9 yr old son. He never lost faith, was screaming off the top of his lungs and saying, “WIN FOR DADDY, WIN FOR DADDY,” lol! That was awesome and got me fired up, then Brissett shrugs off Miller and makes the amazing throw to TY!!! Not going to lie, I shut my eyes when Vinny was kicking the eventual game winner, so glad he redeemed himself with that kick!!!! What a emotional roller coaster of a birthday gift, but thanks Colts!!!!!! 

 

Moral of my rant, NEVER LOSE FAITH, at least during a close game!!!!!

 

GO COLTS!!!!:rock::colts:

I drove 10 hours to the Houston game, first one at Lucas Oil, stunning place, I was really impressed. Then, I was shocked at how many fans can't be bothered to stand and cheer on third down..or even fourth down.  Stadium wasn't full for a first place divisional showdown.  Colts fans are not the best unfortunately...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

I drove 10 hours to the Houston game, first one at Lucas Oil, stunning place, I was really impressed. Then, I was shocked at how many fans can't be bothered to stand and cheer on third down..or even fourth down.  Stadium wasn't full for a first place divisional showdown.  Colts fans are not the best unfortunately...

I have two daughters that go to every game.  They put their horse head hats on in these situations. They bought them during the Raiders game because they realized they needed something to increase the Colts mojo.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still one of the big bucket list items to ever get to go to a LOS game (well to go to America at all). I got to watch the Jags game in London which wasn't... great. Maybe in the future when the world is a different place. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I briefly considered turning it off after AV's first miss because it just sort of had that feeling of a game that we where going to lose.

 

I didn't though.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...