Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts interested in Ryan Kerrigan

Restinpeacesweetchloe

19 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Let’s see if we make the playoffs and how well we do before spending draft Capitol on some guy for a year or two rental. Lots of young players that need to develop.  Ballard has been very straight forward that he will build thru the draft.  I don’t think he will trade for anyone mid season 

I thought we made the playoffs last year and won a playoff game.  Oh, Anyone know what our cumulative record has been since last years 1-5 start?   Who is currently leading the AFC South and is the No 2 seed in the AFC?   None of these facts matter I guess.  Apparently we are still in a rebuild mode.  

• Like 1

I wouldn’t get this move. We already have two guys that are the exact same profile; aging, bigger edge defenders that can move inside at a pinch. Houston and Sheard are just fine and it would be redundant and a waste of draft capital to trade for him. Interior linemen and corner are the only places that should be addressed if we want to make a move. 

Elway is on the way out in Denver.  His relentless pursuit, and complete failure in finding a QB, has changed this team from a contender every year to a team that no one fears.

How about a 2nd and a 3rd pick, for Miller and throw in Chad Kelly to sweeten the pot.  :thinking: 

9 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I thought we made the playoffs last year and won a playoff game.  Oh, Anyone know what our cumulative record has been since last years 1-5 start?   Who is currently leading the AFC South and is the No 2 seed in the AFC?   None of these facts matter I guess.  Apparently we are still in a rebuild mode.  

14-3.  Explain to me how trading for Ryan Kerrigan will be the player that puts us over the top to win a Super Bowl.  Ballard has said over and over that the team will be built from the draft but people complain every year bc we don’t waste draft capital on old players. This one is not even available for trade!!!   Guess those facts don’t matter either.  Smh. 

4 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

14-3.  Explain to me how trading for Ryan Kerrigan will be the player that puts us over the top to win a Super Bowl.  Ballard has said over and over that the team will be built from the draft but people complain every year bc we don’t waste draft capital on old players. This one is not even available for trade!!!   Guess those facts don’t matter either.  Smh. 

14-3 is an impressive fact.  It proves the point a lot of us are trying to make is we are contenders now but we do have a few weaknesses and if they could be improved on it increases your chances of winning the SB this year.  Thanks to Ballard we are no longer in a rebuilding mode we are in a serious contending mode.  Adding an experienced WR or DL can only help us while our younger players can continue to learn and develop.  Ballard said he will build the team through the draft but he also said the time will come when he will also use other resources to strengthen the team.  Maybe he is trying now and he just can't strike a deal.  I guess we won't have a long wait to find out if what we have now is what we go with.  

1 minute ago, Detectacon said:

Wolfe is having a career year according to his stats. Halfway through the season and he is on pace to break all of his personal records other than passes defended. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/25746/

I don't know much about him beyond that. Could be worth kicking the tires. 

I'd trade for him just because of the name.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

14-3 is an impressive fact.  It proves the point a lot of us are trying to make is we are contenders now but we do have a few weaknesses and if they could be improved on it increases your chances of winning the SB this year.  Thanks to Ballard we are no longer in a rebuilding mode we are in a serious contending mode.  Adding an experienced WR or DL can only help us while our younger players can continue to learn and develop.  Ballard said he will build the team through the draft but he also said the time will come when he will also use other resources to strengthen the team.  Maybe he is trying now and he just can't strike a deal.  I guess we won't have a long wait to find out if what we have now is what we go with.  

I will lead with I totally understand where you are coming from and why you believe this. I normally would agree with you but I’m still skeptical about this team.  I have nothing to back it up so the Colts keep proving me wrong. I believe all the games this year have been decided by 7pts or less.  The margin of error is so small I predict us eventually losing some of these games if this continues. The injuries to Fountain and Funchess is the big killer. Losing both really created a huge void to fill.   I feel we need help at both WR and pass rush to compete in January.  If the offense was clicking more I could see Ballard getting a veteran on defense to push us over the top.  With all this, I am enjoying watching the games bc they are nail biters. My family is probably tired of my emotional roller coaster I’m having each week. They went to the grocery store this last time and let me watch alone lol.