Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts interested in Ryan Kerrigan

Restinpeacesweetchloe

I'd try and see if we can get Olivier Vernon from the Browns, given the Dorsey-Ballard connections. Yes, you might give up at least a 3rd rounder and take on a high enough contract but he would fit our D real well, IMO. I doubt the Browns can get more due to the high contract price. 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I'd try and see if we can get Olivier Vernon from the Browns, given the Dorsey-Ballard connections. Yes, you might give up at least a 3rd rounder and take on a high enough contract but he would fit our D real well, IMO. I doubt the Browns can get more due to the high contract price. 

There is a large list of people  I wouldn't  mind adding, but can't  see Ballard  making  a move

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

But if Ballard felt we were in a position to win the SB this year I could see him making this move. This team has some depth and won’t need all the picks in the draft.

Ballard isn't giving up picks for a 32 year old pass rushing who is trending downwards.  I'd doubt that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been a fan of Kerrigan since his Purdue days really wished the Colts would’ve taken him in draft if they could’ve made it work. He was a beast! He is getting up there in age though so not sure what he would be worth on trade and definitely not as good as he used to be, maybe being on a new team would revive him?

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

People have connected us to this or that player each year of Ballards tenure around this time and he never does anything.  Ballard rarely ever leaks out info so I don't even know where they get it from when they do this stuff.

my guess, the Redskins or the player's agent. 

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I know that’s what I said in the original post. I was talking about if they would trade him that is about what you could get him for.

According to whom?  If it was anyone other than the Skins' GM then it's pretty irrelevant.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Denver's Derrick Wolfe has also been linked to us and he looked good yesterday.  

Elway is going to ask too much, to be honest. Wolfe is the perfect 1-gap disruptive guy that fit best in Wade Philips' attacking 3-4 and might be a misfit now. He should fit well here.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

I don’t want to give up too much for him.

I don't want to miss out on good players who might help our Superbowl run out of paralytic terror of "giving up too much."

When you're a buyer you have to be prepared to pay a premium to get what you want.    If you're not, your team stays incomplete and chances to win the big one are impacted.

I don't care too much about this one linebacker one way or the other, but the attitude of paralysis by analysis and being afraid to "overpay" for the guy you're targeting is an attitude that quickly turns from caution to defeatism when taken too far, and has a tendency to create self-fulfilling prophecies where it's NEVER the right time to go for it. 

If you care about winning, and have done your due dilligence and are convinced this guy will help you, then spend what it takes, even if it's a bit more than your computers think he's worth.  Winning sometimes requires a bit of risk.

19 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

I don’t want to give up too much for him.

That's what they said about Trent Williams and now he is available.  Josh Norman too.  How quickly things change.  If Ballard is serious about winning a SB this year he won't let the deadline go by without making some kind move.  Let's face it he doesn't need to sell the farm to improve the team.  He has plenty of resources at his disposal to work with.  

Let’s see if we make the playoffs and how well we do before spending draft Capitol on some guy for a year or two rental. Lots of young players that need to develop.  Ballard has been very straight forward that he will build thru the draft.  I don’t think he will trade for anyone mid season 

• Like 1