Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
JimJaime

Super bowl QBs since 2001

Since 2001 the AFC has been represented by Manning, Brady, or Big Ben 16 of those times with Flacco and Gannon the only 2 exceptions.  While the NFC has had 15 different QBs start with Eli and Kurt Warner the only two exceptions with 2. 

now you think that means NFC superior BUT the AFC won 11 SB  to 7 for the NFC. 

Is it possible the AFC just had the 3 best QBs in the league for the last 19 years? 

24 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Since 2001 the AFC has been represented by Manning, Brady, or Big Ben 16 of those times with Flacco and Gannon the only 2 exceptions.  While the NFC has had 15 different QBs start with Eli and Kurt Warner the only two exceptions with 2. 

Is it possible the AFC just had the 3 best QBs in the league for the last 19 years? 

Um, yes.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

No. The best 2 QBs in the league, yes. Big Ben was not the 3rd best QB - I feel both Rodgers and Brees are better than him but have not had quite the supporting cast or the luck Big Ben had. He never had to go past the Patriots for any of his SB appearances or wins, period. Peyton did, however, for 3 of his 4 SB appearances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimJaime said:

If you go back one year to 2000, you can add Dilfer to the list. Two Super Bowls for the Ravens . How many could they have won with a better QB, with all of those good defensive teams ?

Just now, The Old Crow said:

If you go back one year to 2000, you can add Dilfer to the list. Two Super Bowls for the Ravens . How many could they have won with a better QB, with all of those good defensive teams ?

So true! Your D kept the Ravens relevant pretty much till this year, and I’m guessing they are pretty good still. The Ravens worry me more than KC this year.. the Pats D is built to stop KC not a running team like Baltimore.

Brady’s the last man standing...but hopefully we won’t have to see him in the big game again this season haha

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Russell Wilson went back to back

10 hours ago, JimJaime said:

So true! Your D kept the Ravens relevant pretty much till this year, and I’m guessing they are pretty good still. The Ravens worry me more than KC this year.. the Pats D is built to stop KC not a running team like Baltimore.

We are not there yet. The defense has improved. I think the Colts and Ravens are ahead of schedule , but the bell weather is always hoodie , and the evil mechanizations he can throw at you. I’m glad we have them at home for a change , but make no mistake , this is a tough Patriots team. It’s going to be a brutal game. 

9 hours ago, Qwiz said:

Brady’s the last man standing...but hopefully we won’t have to see him in the big game again this season haha

It is between the Colts, Texans, Ravens, and Chiefs for that #2. Colts and Texans have already beat the Chiefs :thmup:, Ravens lost to them. What a fun season so far.

• Like 1

3 things are for certain = taxes, stress, and the Colts being good 90% of the time lmao . Luck retires and we are still good :funny:.

A friend of mine sent me a text after Luck retired saying better "better 'Luck' next time" before the season. He is a Bears fan. I sent him one yesterday saying "when you get a FG kicker you can talk, Adam says hold my beer, we are 5-2, you are 3-4".

Yes is has been an amazing run for basically three QBs since 2001.  Will be interesting to see if the AFC will have a similar run going forward of just a few teams making the big dance every year.