Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JJ Watt out for the year?

PeterBowman

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet

The #Texans may have lost star DE JJ Watt to a serious injury. Source said the fear is that Watt suffered a torn pec, which would knock him out for the season. He’ll have an MRI to determine the full extent of the issue.

6:38 PM - Oct 27, 2019

Tonsil also went down

2 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Wow.... their defense didn’t need any more problems.

I’m not sure how much trade capital they still have as far as draft picks but I will be surprised if they don’t make some kind of trade move in the wake of this.

Not much after the Tunsil trade

• Like 2

Yeah was just reading this. I was rooting hard for the Raiders to beat them. But didn’t want this. Watt is a good guy in and off the field. He’s a beast when healthy. Now the Texans have no Watt, no Clowney, limited draft capital for a big move, oh and I believe I saw Tunsil for whom they traded for went down too but I don’t know the extent of his injury. Watson was also banged up a bit at the end as well

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

F Houston.  Nobody sheds any tears when any of the other dozens upon dozens of guys lose their season to injury.  This situation is no more special than any other time it happens.

If it was any other Houston player I could see your point. J.J. Watt is a down to earth guy. Really wish he was a colt as his character is a perfect fit. My unit responded to the Houston hurricane flooding the other year, guess who was at the first responders tent serving meals in the evenings for 2 days, without any media presence either. J.J. Watt. Not to mention all the millions he donated and raised. 

Some guys you just hate to see stuck on IR, he’s one of them. Plus the implications are huge for our division 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If it was any other Houston player I could see your point. J.J. Watt is a down to earth guy. Really wish he was a colt as his character is a perfect fit. My unit responded to the Houston hurricane flooding the other year, guess who was at the first responders tent serving meals in the evenings for 2 days, without any media presence either. J.J. Watt. Not to mention all the millions he donated and raised. 

Some guys you just hate to see stuck on IR, he’s one of them. Plus the implications are huge for our division 

Absolutely nobody could contest that Watt is a quality guy.  Not even a matter of opinion.....it’s a fact.

• Like 3

They also had Watson kicked in the eye pretty hard, and Tunsil has an undisclosed shoulder injury he left the game with...  Houston could be losing their grip on the season, and then some.... Seeing as due to their lack of a front office, and their ineptness in personnel moves.... They won't even benefit from a poor season with higher draft picks, they just all get a year older for nothing.

14 hours ago, csmopar said:

I agree, although he does seem to do some things to draw attention to himself (always posting box jumping videos) which is slightly annoying.  But at the same time he does a lot of great stuff for Houston and is a sportsman on the field.

Hate to see him end up on IR again but that's the nature of the game.  

5 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

They also had Watson kicked in the eye pretty hard, and Tunsil has an undisclosed shoulder injury he left the game with...  Houston could be losing their grip on the season, and then some.... Seeing as due to their lack of a front office, and their ineptness in personnel moves.... They won't even benefit from a poor season with higher draft picks, they just all get a year older for nothing.

Watson is fine. He came back in and finished the game, he luckily managed only to have a little swelling. Tunsil is expected to play on Sunday as well, and we may be getting Joseph back as well. 
 I don’t think any grip is being lost. All three losses were by one possession and they still managed to pull out the W with the entire secondary down yesterday. It sucks losing JJ, and that can’t be stated enough. But the season is by no means over. 

On 10/29/2019 at 5:07 PM, King Colt said:

JJ has not  had a streak of 16 game seasons due to injuries in different areas. I wonder what his college days were like injury-wise.

he only played 3 years, was a tight end as a freshmen and didnt do much 

played two years on D line. one was pretty good, the second was very good.  no major injuries