Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Comfortable with Roster?

Mr.Debonair

17 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

How can you complain about route combinations if you don't know what they were?

Easy because  whatever  they were they simply  are not working. Cain, Campbell,  and Rogers  are invisible running  the route combos. Heck Hilton  and pascal to. When the only guy that could get open is jack doyle you need better  route combinations or wrs

• Thanks 1

I agree with the comments on us needing DL/DT help, as well as CB help. But I am surprised that no one (so far?) has mentioned OLine depth. 

When we are "one injury away" from DLine mediocrity, couldn't the same be said about our OLine? They looked pretty ordinary against Denver this weekend, to my eyes at least...

On 10/27/2019 at 2:22 PM, Chloe6124 said:

I still don’t understand not using Campbell more.  They were without their slot. We need to get more quick passes.

Campbell is hurt.   He recently had surgery on his abdomen.  

He’s not hurt badly enough to be in the IR.   But it’s cut deeply into his playing time. 

26 minutes ago, IinD said:

So was/is Quincy trade bait? If not, is he in the doghouse?

Probably a little of both.

We’ll know more if he’s still on the roster after tomorrow’s trade deadline.

And we’ll know even more if Wilson is still on the team but not active again next week.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Campbell is hurt.   He recently had surgery on his abdomen.  

He’s not hurt badly enough to be in the IR.   But it’s cut deeply into his playing time. 

Even before getting hurt, he's been a ghost, with a catch or two here and there

On 10/27/2019 at 6:58 PM, ColtStrong2013 said:

We should never be "comfortable." I'm positive that Chris Ballard isn't and won't ever be. Comfortable equals complacency, and that's where teams regress. We know where the weaknesses are. If anything, we should take comfort in knowing this roster is light years ahead of those in years past, and with a competent coaching staff, is dangerous. I take comfort in that, knowing we won't be on the losing side of many blowouts (if any at all) anymore. This team is made to compete in every game, and is only going to get better as it matures... and to the point of the post, as Ballard and co. continues to fill holes and improve. 

great post

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DrWhom said:

I agree with the comments on us needing DL/DT help, as well as CB help. But I am surprised that no one (so far?) has mentioned OLine depth. 

When we are "one injury away" from DLine mediocrity, couldn't the same be said about our OLine? They looked pretty ordinary against Denver this weekend, to my eyes at least...

I can't say that i know that our backups couldn't be as decent as anyone else's backups.
 That said, Fangio knew how to attack our blocking schemes. I think we look predictable. With that, Kelly and Glow are to often not winning their battles in the run game or pass blocking. JMO of course.

lol picking up their replacements at this time.

In response to the OP, yes I am for THIS year.  But I don't think this is a Superbowl year for the Colts.  Could be, but I don't think they are better than the Pats.  So for THIS year, I'm comfortable with it.  If they were that close, then yeah you go get that one player you feel will put you over the top.  Perhaps next season will be that year, but not 2019.

Well, based on our zero participation at the trade deadline, I would say we are all happy with our current roster! Not one move, so we made a decision to stand strong and let this youthful group take us to the heights of their capabilities! Ballard’s plan is to continue to build through the draft and I am all for it. Go Blue!!

6 hours ago, colts8718 said:

If Luck where playing we would not have to worry about those missed field goals 

And they would have gone for two every time and never missed if Luck was QB.  Luck quit. Move on.  He wouldn't have played any better than Jacoby did against SD.  Was Luck going to throw the ball to himself against Oakland?  Not sure how else he could have kept Ebron and Co. from dropping so many passes.  Luck was going to play CB vs Denver too and not have any holding or PI calls against him.

1 hour ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

And they would have gone for two every time and never missed if Luck was QB.  Luck quit. Move on.  He wouldn't have played any better than Jacoby did against SD.  Was Luck going to throw the ball to himself against Oakland?  Not sure how else he could have kept Ebron and Co. from dropping so many passes.  Luck was going to play CB vs Denver too and not have any holding or PI calls against him.

You really think that Luck would not have played any better then Coby against SD he would have put up 40 and covered Vinateri butt. I have moved on from Luck and like Coby but he doe's not put the fear into defenses like Luck did there is no comparison 

35 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

You really think that Luck would not have played any better then Coby against SD he would have put up 40 and covered Vinateri butt. 

I don't remember Luck ever hanging 40 on San Diego.... In fact, Luck led Colts teams only scored 40 or more 5 times in his entire career.  Playoffs included... So stating he'd have led the team to 40 no problem is I hope hyperbolic on your part, but it comes across completely ridiculous nonetheless

24 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I don't remember Luck ever hanging 40 on San Diego.... In fact, Luck led Colts teams only scored 40 or more 5 times in his entire career.  Playoffs included... So stating he'd have led the team to 40 no problem is I hope hyperbolic on your part, but it comes across completely ridiculous nonetheless

Yes he had some great offensive lines when the great Pagano and Grigson where running the team. With this Oline no problem he gets 40 :thmup:

3 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

I'm not comfortable with the current roster. I don't think it's good enough to get us very far. We should have traded for a  DT or Cb..... Maybe even another wr.

Doesn't  matter. Ballard made zero moves so he must love the fact our wrs did nothing  most the game versus the Broncos. They must have alot of faith in the injured funchess.