Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Comfortable with Roster?

Mr.Debonair

9 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

At the half way point based on all that we’ve seen, are you comfortable with team or would you like to see a move or two made before the deadline?

I’m not uncomfortable but I’m not comfortable if that makes sense. I think we could use a couple upgrades, notably to the WR and DT/NT area. Now I think we can manage as we have but eventually an upgrade is needed. The thing is, I don’t see where that upgrade will come from this season. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

At the half way point based on all that we’ve seen, are you comfortable with team or would you like to see a move or two made before the deadline?

I'd say I'm 80% confident with our roster. But I don't think (don't know enough about available players) Ballard would pick up any player. Perhaps only if there was a young, talented player, with room to improve (like once upon a time Vontae Davis trade was ).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IinD said:

If they could swing a trade for a competent (not all world) WR/Interior DL guy they'd be very dangerous.

Even with our deficiencies, we can play with anyone.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Need an experienced WR and a DT.  If Ballard can acquire them we would be a very tough team to take out in the playoffs.  

Agreed :)

29 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

A move or two wouldn't be bad idea.

why should we trade? we are still in rebuild mode after luck left.   much better roster then before ballard got here.   still have many rookies in key roles .   better to just play out the season and draft .   a move or two wont beat the pats or saints .

i feel like we are on the right track ben looked good today willis looks good and turray looked good we can keep building the defense in the draft and in a year or two be a superbowl defense

55 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I still don’t understand not using Campbell more.  They were without their slot. We need to get more quick passes.

I absolutely don’t understand their passing routes in the plan today. I’d really like to hear the review from the all 22  viewpoint. Just would love to be able to see all the routes ran in the game and what kind were they. At times, it feels like they are all go routes and there isn’t anything to hit quickly in stride. Idk 

Just now, Jdubu said:

I absolutely don’t understand their passing routes in the plan today. I’d really like to hear the review from the all 22  viewpoint. Just would love to be able to see all the routes ran in the game and what kind were they. At times, it feels like they are all go routes and there isn’t anything to hit quickly in stride. Idk 

They were absolutley not all go routes.   

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They were absolutley not all go routes.   

Lol.  No chet! Of course they all weren’t. I said it feels like it not they were all go routes. C’mon man you’re a vet here, it was an exaggeration. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jdubu said:

Lol.  No chet! Of course they all weren’t. I said it feels like it not they were all go routes. C’mon man you’re a vet here, it was an exaggeration. 

You're complaining about route combinations that you don't have any idea about.    

I'm good with the roster and I think we need to be careful about trying to move too fast. We have a really good team this year and there is a tendency to think too short term when you're in that position.

Keep in mind, this is a very young roster. We have a lot of cap space and a good set of draft picks next year, and I dont want us to do anything too hasty and lessen our position of strength. I dont think there are any top shelf difference makers available that are worthy of making a move on right now,  or I could feel differently. So, we just need to be patient.

I want to see us save our resources until the offseason, so we can be aggressive in putting the finishing touches on this roster.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You're complaining about route combinations that you don't have any idea about.    

It’s like chasing chickens in a circular yard in here. Guess I’ll wait till everyone sobers up to obtain better comprehension of the topics. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

why should we trade? we are still in rebuild mode after luck left.   much better roster then before ballard got here.   still have many rookies in key roles .   better to just play out the season and draft .   a move or two wont beat the pats or saints .

i feel like we are on the right track ben looked good today willis looks good and turray looked good we can keep building the defense in the draft and in a year or two be a superbowl defense

Depends on who its for...

We should never be "comfortable." I'm positive that Chris Ballard isn't and won't ever be. Comfortable equals complacency, and that's where teams regress. We know where the weaknesses are. If anything, we should take comfort in knowing this roster is light years ahead of those in years past, and with a competent coaching staff, is dangerous. I take comfort in that, knowing we won't be on the losing side of many blowouts (if any at all) anymore. This team is made to compete in every game, and is only going to get better as it matures... and to the point of the post, as Ballard and co. continues to fill holes and improve. 

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

We are 5-2 and the No. 2 seed and you want to wait a year or two before we go for a SB.  Tell that to Irsay, our coach and the players.  That is amazing.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

We still need another pass rusher from the DL. For most of this game we could not get any pressure on Flacco. And Denver doesn’t have a good OL by any means. 

Victor Ramon Beasley.  He’s there for the taking.  

Hand on the ground, none of that LB coverage nonsense.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How can you complain about route combinations if you don't know what they were?

Until your comprehension skills get better, I’m not responding to anymore of your replies tonight.  Go back a read my posts fully if you want to discuss them. 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we could land another speed WR to go with TY and Funchess I think that could put us over the top. If we could get one I wouldn’t even mind cutting Cain for a proven vet.

Or trading cain for a proven vet or wilson if he is not going  to be active  or both