Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Well that was ugly

Timo1

13 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Risking a game over a supposed attempt at boosting his "confidence" is ridiculous. If he was an undrafted rookie, Quincy Wilson, etc. his * would have been yanked so fast.

Rock is a grown man. If you play that poorly, you get pulled and you learn from it.

If the coaching staff honestly believe this is the guy to groom and we are going to have to 

1. Get him playing time

2. Allow him to learn regardless of the outcomes

3. watch that he grows from the mistakes

4. Build his confidence and his trust so he doesn’t have to try and over achieve every snap and do too much.

5. if the coaches believe this and he builds from each snap, then they allow him to succeed by failing, even if it costs us a game. 
6. Coach him up in game on the missed opportunities and techniques 

10 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

To be fair, after his 4th foul, I was shouting ‘get him off’. In hindsight, probably not the best option. Hopefully he will get better for the experience.

I won’t deny that I too was in the same boat. Glad I don’t coach or at times I feel like I’d walk across the field, shake the coaches hand in the midst of a game and pull my team off the field because they played so badly lol. It would either get me fired (most likely) or really grab the attention of my team and propel us into the next games dominating everyone after that. Lol 

im glad the coaches left Rock in to learn. Let’s see what they do for film session teaching and what he absorbs and incorporates into his play on the field. He has a lot of teaching and learning left to be done. He has the talent though. Just has to become applied and muscle memory. 

21 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Lol, I'm clearly not talking about JB. Apparently, you just didn't watch us on D.

Except you weren't clearly not talking about JB... you weren't clearly talking about anyone. Up to that post, the only clue you gave was that it was a Colts player. Which was......helpful...

22 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

I'm pretty sure he has been getting away with holds all year. It caught up with him hard today. He should have been benched in the first half.

If I were Broncos I would have just tossed it up towards Rock all day. Thankfully they went away from it, for whatever reason.

He held Sutton to 3 catches for 70 something yards. And 2 of those catches were just great chemistry between Flacco and Sutton. Seriously, that one 15 yard hitch or whatever was just impossible to defend.

Yes, he had a few egregious penalties, but when I look back at the game and think of who did the worst, I'm not thinking about our rookie cornerback who was covering their WR1. yes, he was bad, but that's not who I'm focusing on

36 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

He held Sutton to 3 catches for 70 something yards. And 2 of those catches were just great chemistry between Flacco and Sutton. Seriously, that one 15 yard hitch or whatever was just impossible to defend.

Yes, he had a few egregious penalties, but when I look back at the game and think of who did the worst, I'm not thinking about our rookie cornerback who was covering their WR1. yes, he was bad, but that's not who I'm focusing on

The 3 catches for 70 something yards is misleading.   He gave up another 56 yards in penalties.   

I don't know if he needed pulled or not.   Let Reich decide that.   He does need to improve.  He is currently tied for the league lead in penalties with 10.  

• Like 1

This game reminds me of all that BAD FB we played in our last QB's first 2+ years.
Bad opponents, with bad QB's, and us coming back late in the second half.
 Defenders going for int's missing and out TE's going 50 yards down the side line for TD's. TY slicing through defenders, them tripping over themselves.
 3rd and 20 and our last QB running for 21 yards. Stuff Legends were made from.
  Winning was better than losing.
That play by Brissett to TY was Legit, monumental, Awesome.

21 hours ago, AustexColt said:

The experiment of putting Rock on the other teams best WR almost cost us a game. They extended their plays because of Rock inexperience. The time of possession was lopsided. The Broncos were doing to us what we did to the Chiefs. I hope the coaches know what they are doing.  This game was definitely a teaching moment for Rock.  I like Rock but this was tough to watch.

Broncos TOP - 30:44

Colts TOP - 29:16

That does not seem lopsided to me.

51 minutes ago, Myles said:

The 3 catches for 70 something yards is misleading.   He gave up another 56 yards in penalties.   

I don't know if he needed pulled or not.   Let Reich decide that.   He does need to improve.  He is currently tied for the league lead in penalties with 10.  

I'm not saying Rock played well and it's easy enough to see he has room for improvement but the 56 yards in penalties is misleading as well because one of those was a really bad call because Sutton pulled Rock down and still avoided hitting Sutton with everything except an arm brushing a hip or leg.

On 10/28/2019 at 12:35 AM, braveheartcolt said:

Yesterday morning I stubbed my toe on the bathroom door. Later on I dropped the milk bottle top, it hit my foot and just disappeared from sight (how does that happen?). I over-cooked my dinner and finally, as Vinatieri was lining up that final FG, I took a swig of beer and dribbled it all down my front. 

Anyone can an have an off day. We won and I’m just fine. 

Exactly BHC; exactly. Some fans are just never happy. I'll take the victory by the skin of our teeth any day of the week. Don't get greedy folks. Just take the W & move on.