Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Well that was ugly

Timo1

The ugly ones are where you find out what the team is made of.

I like what I see out there,, not in terms of execution, but in terms of character.  I honestly thought the game was over, and was loudly arguing in chat about whose fault it was, when Brissett made the play that's probably going to define our season and owned the last 2 minutes of the game

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Is it just me, or has Rock Ya-Sin been pretty bad all season?  He's been a decent tackler, but anytime I notice him, it's because he's getting burned by a receiver or flagged for a penalty

He's been subpar most of the year, although I still feel like a lot of those penalties on him today were... well... "questionable".

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Is it just me, or has Rock Ya-Sin been pretty bad all season?  He's been a decent tackler, but anytime I notice him, it's because he's getting burned by a receiver or flagged for a penalty

I'm pretty sure he has been getting away with holds all year. It caught up with him hard today. He should have been benched in the first half.

If I were Broncos I would have just tossed it up towards Rock all day. Thankfully they went away from it, for whatever reason.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I've only really noticed him because he's been giving up completions while being right in his man's face in good position. Then today happened. Woof.

4 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

It may be that he is a rookie, and that it's going to take him some time to learn how to play the position.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Hes been fairly solid. I think the only issue is he’s raw yet. A rookie, and right now with Desir out, he’s our number 1. That is when I seem to see him struggle the most, when he’s trying too hard. Otherwise, he’s had a good a season for a rookie CB as can be expected

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

We will take the W and agree to forget about this game like it never happened.

Good point.  It reminded me of the Jags game last year.  Only this time, we found a way to win....which is good.

And I do think film should offer the coaches a whole lot of opportunities to spot and address mistakes....especially penalties.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

It was quite obvious that our opponents can run through the center of our d-line, easily. I don't think we can fix this with bargain basement FA players, or lightweight speedsters. Get 'er done.

Plus out MLB takes bad angles on those type of runs

9 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

I'm pretty sure he has been getting away with holds all year. It caught up with him hard today. He should have been benched in the first half.

If I were Broncos I would have just tossed it up towards Rock all day. Thankfully they went away from it, for whatever reason.

Take him out for who? Thought Desir was out?

13 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Maybe I have a different idea of bad. He is always in position, but he definitely gets grabby when the ball is coming his way. A few of those calls were bogus, but he definitely earned a couple. Hes been a mixed bag. He needs to get himself a pick and boost his confidence.

Sutton is also a tough cover.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Who would you have replaced him with?

16 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

You must have missed the game.

Saw every play.   I wondered the same about you.

You can’t pull your young QB simply because he’s not lighting the world in fire.   That’s no way to build trust and confidence.    

Some of JB’s poor game is on him.   Some is on a poor game by the OL.  Some is on some questionable play calling.   

But if JB is the quarterback, you have to let him play.   And he played well enough on the last drive.   That doesn’t happen if you pull him.

By the way...   if you’re talking about Rock, remember we were already without Desir and Wilson.   We’re not benching Rock. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Saw every play.   I wondered the same about you.

You can’t pull your young QB simply because he’s not lighting the world in fire.   That’s no way to build trust and confidence.    

Some of JB’s poor game is on him.   Some is on a poor game by the OL.  Some is on some questionable play calling.   

But if JB is the quarterback, you have to let him play.   And he played well enough on the last drive.   That doesn’t happen if you pull him.

Lol, I'm clearly not talking about JB. Apparently, you just didn't watch us on D.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes..    I’ve amended my post to address Rock...   

That's not an excuse to not bench a young player who is a clear determent to your team. We had other DBs who have been playing well.

I'm not saying cut the guy but his play today was a disaster and almost (in part) cost us the game.

35 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

It may be that he is a rookie, and that it's going to take him some time to learn how to play the position.

26 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Maybe I have a different idea of bad. He is always in position, but he definitely gets grabby when the ball is coming his way. A few of those calls were bogus, but he definitely earned a couple. Hes been a mixed bag. He needs to get himself a pick and boost his confidence.

Sutton is also a tough cover.

He gave up some size to that WR. Today, he got handled....and it will likely lead to better play in the future. 

Funny how there is a call for the rookies to get some playing time, and then when they do and go through common rookie struggles, they get shade. Oh well.......

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I literally just made a thread about this!

7 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

The talk was can JB pull a last minute heroics ala Luck. I think he just showed us he can be a comeback QB. When the going gets tough he gets tougher. It is not easy break away a Von Miller sack. 

He had a game tying drive vs. the Chargers too. And a beautiful four minute offense to run out clock for a win vs Falcons.  He's shown 'he can be more than just a game manager' when it come crunch time.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

I agree. Sutton was beating him all game.  Not sure why they didn't keep looking that way, but I'm glad they didn't.

42 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

I've only really noticed him because he's been giving up completions while being right in his man's face in good position. Then today happened. Woof.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't really notice him in good position all that often.  Occasionally, he's in good position and doesn't make a play on the ball, which is something he'll learn as he gains experience in the league.  But it just seems like most of the time, he's either getting beat or he's getting called for a penalty.  His tackling has been good though

40 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

I know that, and I'm not advocating for him to be cut or anything, but even as a top draft pick, I expect a bit more.

49 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

We have to thank Denver that flacco was at QB 

• Like 1