Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wilson, Desir, and Cain Inactive

CR91

16 hours ago, richard pallo said:

After todays game I can see why so many writers have us looking for a WR.  We have no one out side of TY.   Not surprised Pascal was not effective at all.  He was undrafted for a reason.  

He is a good piece when used the right way. He would be a good number 3. But he isn’t fast enough to get a lot of seperation and help TY. 

16 hours ago, richard pallo said:

After todays game I can see why so many writers have us looking for a WR.  We have no one out side of TY.   Not surprised Pascal was not effective at all.  He was undrafted for a reason.  

Rod Smith and Wes Welker were undrafted as well

Yeah looks like he was a healthy scratch. As someone else said, this is with an entirely different coaching staff that this has happened to him with. The writing is on the wall. Maybe there’s more off the field stuff going on but it doesn’t excuse his play on the field.

He may may have made it past the trade deadline but I doubt he’s on the roster next season. 2nd round picks shouldn’t be beat out by Shakial Taylor and Marvell Tell. On a lighter note, it’s probably best to avoid Florida CB’s lol.

• Like 1

To be quite honest it seems at this point it seems like he was scratched to keep teams from being able to see what he could have done Sunday. 

They obviously didn’t have a trade lined up for him. 

Did Ballard shop him? I’d like to think so, but I’m guessing the market was nil because Ballard loves to stockpile picks. Could someone have had Wilson for as little as a 7? I don’t think Ballard would turn even that down for a guy they don’t have any plans for, and that seems to be the direction Wilson is headed. 

So keeping him inactive Sunday was a last ditch effort to avoid exposing any more flaws in his game in a game where he would have seen expanded playing time with Desir out. 

Frank’s long-winded answer Monday on why he didn’t play was to avoid burying him before the deadline yesterday. 

They tried to find a pigeon but they’d all flown the coop. 

15 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

To be quite honest it seems at this point it seems like he was scratched to keep teams from being able to see what he could have done Sunday. 

They obviously didn’t have a trade lined up for him. 

Did Ballard shop him? I’d like to think so, but I’m guessing the market was nil because Ballard loves to stockpile picks. Could someone have had Wilson for as little as a 7? I don’t think Ballard would turn even that down for a guy they don’t have any plans for, and that seems to be the direction Wilson is headed. 

So keeping him inactive Sunday was a last ditch effort to avoid exposing any more flaws in his game in a game where he would have seen expanded playing time with Desir out. 

Frank’s long-winded answer Monday on why he didn’t play was to avoid burying him before the deadline yesterday. 

They tried to find a pigeon but they’d all flown the coop. 

Wilson certainly has enough tape over his time in the NFL to say yeah we can work with that or nah, he is a liability waiting to happen for us too. One more game tape wouldn’t make or break any deal imho. The only possible reasons would be that he did or said something wrong as in poor practices or has bad mouthed coaching/player in the locker room etc... or they wanted to package him or Cain into a trade for another player or draft picks. We won’t know until the book comes out years from now on coaching decisions. 

Reich covers his players in praise regardless of if they are bad or not. I don’t think we will see Reich call out poor play from any of his guys as the reasons for benching them. I’m sure that gains some respect in the locker room from guys knowing he is not going to speak negatively about them even when it’s more than deserved. They at least feel he will continue to coach them up until they either play better or get cut. That’s my sense about it. 

On 10/28/2019 at 4:24 PM, krunk said:

What does it say?  I can't read it because I'm at work

it really says nothing.  Just there are a lot of moving pieces and who is active and not active changes week to week.  But he has confidence in all 53 and the PS guys to play winning football.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jdubu said:

Wilson certainly has enough tape over his time in the NFL to say yeah we can work with that or nah, he is a liability waiting to happen for us too. One more game tape wouldn’t make or break any deal imho. The only possible reasons would be that he did or said something wrong as in poor practices or has bad mouthed coaching/player in the locker room etc... or they wanted to package him or Cain into a trade for another player or draft picks. We won’t know until the book comes out years from now on coaching decisions. 

Reich covers his players in praise regardless of if they are bad or not. I don’t think we will see Reich call out poor play from any of his guys as the reasons for benching them. I’m sure that gains some respect in the locker room from guys knowing he is not going to speak negatively about them even when it’s more than deserved. They at least feel he will continue to coach them up until they either play better or get cut. That’s my sense about it. 

I don't think it's poor practices either though.  He plays too many positions which is a sign to me of a guy willing to learn and do what's necessary to stay on the team. Also I listened to Eberflus last night and he indicated Quincy has practiced well.  Rock Yasin has been playing every game anyway, but the guy who hasn't been getting the playing time is Marvell Tell. I think they believe Marvell Tell is the better player.  They basically started Rock in place of Pierre and then slid Marvell into Quincys role.  I think they felt Marvell has practiced well enough to warrant some playing time so they wanted to see how he faired in a real game since he really hadn't played against anyone.  The Broncos are a good team to do that against since their offense is not explosive.  I didn't get to see everything Marvell did in that game, but Eberflus says he put a lot of good things on tape versus Denver.  I'm hoping Quincy is active versus Pitt, but it wouldn't be a shocker for them to go with Marvell again I suppose. I'm hoping they are both active to be honest.

• Like 2